The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Older people and TMNT (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59050)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-03-2017 04:15 PM

Older people and TMNT
 
What do older people know about TMNT? With older people, I mean those who were or could have been grandparents of children liking TMNT.

Did your grandparents knew anything you told them? (basic facts like which turtle has which colour in the bandana, which weapons they carry, their names, their friends and enemies, from which country Hamato Yosho-Splinter came, in which city the turtles live)

Of course, it depends on what their grandchildren told them, but it may have been important for them while buying Christmas presents and birthday presents.

IndigoErth 11-03-2017 04:30 PM

I don't think my grandparents ever knew too much. Maybe some other people's did, but I can't imagine mine ever even buying any for me. Modern pop culture toys weren't really a thing they stepped foot into. More the classic gift type of people unless my mom helped out with ideas.

Now, as for my parent's generation... they're probably the real first generation grandparents who actually know a thing or two because they put up with their own kid's fandom and learned it from them.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-03-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1725851)
Now, as for my parent's generation... they're probably the real first generation grandparents who actually know a thing or two because they put up with their own kid's fandom and learned it from them.

Then comes our generation, and playing TMNT films and episodes at retirement home begins!

IndigoErth 11-03-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1725855)
Then comes our generation, and playing TMNT films and episodes at retirement home begins!

Almost makes ya look forward to it. Senior centers and common areas of nursing homes showing TMNT 1990 at 12 noon. :D

Add in all the senior Turtle art.

Tetsu Deinonychus 11-04-2017 11:26 AM

Once when I was a kid, I went on a trip with my grandparents to my aunt and uncle's house. I was watching an episode of TMNT when my aunt asked "Which one is Krang?", and my grandfather said "Oh, the guy with the head in his stomach". I was amazed!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-04-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus (Post 1726032)
I was watching an episode of TMNT when my aunt asked "Which one is Krang?", and my grandfather said "Oh, the guy with the head in his stomach". I was amazed!

How could he know? Did you tell or something?

Tetsu Deinonychus 11-04-2017 11:38 AM

I watched it in front of him often enough.

Utrommaniac 11-04-2017 12:08 PM

My dad once laughed at a joke I made paralleling the turtles to the Renaissance painters.

My mother, however, when watching this:

Didn't quite understand the "Master Splinter must feed his children" remark I made...and it made less sense when I explained further that the turtles were trained by a rat. And I mean...she must have been a teenager when Turtlemania was in full force, so I'm surprised she didn't catch anything.

Maybe because she was living in an Alaskan air base at the time...

CyberCubed 11-04-2017 12:27 PM

My grandparents liked TMNT when I was a kid in the 90's. They bought me toys and sometimes watched episodes with me.

Coola Yagami 11-04-2017 03:33 PM

Older people he says.... WE ARE THE OLDER PEOPLE, especially when that new show airs.

CyberCubed 11-04-2017 03:41 PM

Well we're not all 40+ yet like you are, Coola.

neatoman 11-04-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1726076)
Well we're not all 40+ yet like you are, Coola.

Aren't you close?

IndigoErth 11-04-2017 04:14 PM

The number that shall not be named. We do not speak of this.

CyberCubed 11-04-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1726084)
Aren't you close?

No, it's still 10 years away for me, thank goodness.

I don't want to be middle age yet.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-05-2017 07:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdBPpg0DdrI

Coola Yagami 11-05-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1726086)
No, it's still 10 years away for me, thank goodness.

I don't want to be middle age yet.

Still too old to really have a say in anything related to the new show. It's not for you Cubed.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-05-2017 08:49 AM

Once Upon a Time Machine
 
Sadly, most of us will not be old enough at the time, but it would be great to watch "Once Upon a Time Machine" in a retirement home on 11 November 2036.

Utrommaniac 11-05-2017 10:12 AM

Well, you could still watch it on that date, should you remember :P

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-06-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1726249)
Well, you could still watch it on that date, should you remember :P

Yes, but not in a retirement home or some activity for older people. That will wait until the 2060's something. (if there are any retirement homes still around them, the development of robots doing care may help older people to live at their own home)

pferreira 11-09-2017 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1725844)
What do older people know about TMNT? With older people, I mean those who were or could have been grandparents of children liking TMNT.

To be honest I think TMNT was/is the furthest thing from my grandparents awareness. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1726240)
Still too old to really have a say in anything related to the new show. It's not for you Cubed.

What we need Eastman and Laird's Adult Mutant Ninja Turtles. ;)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.