The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   General discussion / Latest purchases / Currently Playing? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=21346)

ToTheNines 10-17-2007 08:24 PM

I watched King Kong in regular DVD, and the monkey looked like straight up ****. I hate the movie itself, too.

Anyways:

Pokemon Snap
Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire

Jed 10-18-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants (Post 564496)
GO GET TRANSFORMERS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have bought the two together but it's not out here yet, I'll be ordering that and Heroes Season 1 from Amazon.com though:D

Janus Prospero 10-18-2007 01:49 PM

My household finally has one of them thar Wiis.

Got WiiPlay, Brain Age Academy, and Resident Evil 4. I also downloaded Star Fox 64 and TMNT (NES)

Resident Evil 4 is fun with the wiimote, but it's still awkward for me to control. I can't dominate nearly as well as I could with the Gamecube controller. Gonna take some getting used to.

The Terror of Death 10-18-2007 08:09 PM

Power Rangers Super Legends for the DS. Easily the best PR game to date. Well, until the ps2 version arrives.

Cure 10-19-2007 02:21 PM

I got E4 on XBLA. It's a fun little game. Certainly hectic.

Barkworm 10-19-2007 02:25 PM

Phantom Hourglass.

Mecha Cow 10-19-2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Phantom Hourglass.
This, even though I still need to finish Tingle first.

Brodie 10-20-2007 02:30 PM

Katamari fo' 360.

Cure 10-24-2007 02:30 PM

Oy. I got Ace Combat 6, Zack and Wiki, and saw a used copy of Guilty Gear for Wii so I got that. Now I dunno which I wanna try first...:(

Dr. Doom 10-24-2007 04:09 PM

I'm thinking about Guilty Gear. I love the presentation and the characters, but I've never owned any of the games.

Jed 10-24-2007 04:36 PM

Got Lemmings for the PS2.

OA 10-24-2007 07:59 PM

Tenchu Z... I've always liked the series though the last few games have left a bit to be desired...

Peanut 10-25-2007 01:50 PM

Zak & Wiki, but the stupid dots on my screen whenever I play a Capcom game on my Wii has made me put it down rather quickly.

I was going to get Ratchet & Clank, just to have something to play on my PS3, but after playing the demo last night it's clear that the game hasn't evolved one bit from the first severely overrated game in that series. I'm actually stunned that it's getting so many amazing reviews. 6 R&C games in 5 years, with hardly any changes to the formula...some people are way too into the graphics. But then again, Gears of War says hello to that.

Cure 10-25-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut (Post 566022)
Zak & Wiki, but the stupid dots on my screen whenever I play a Capcom game on my Wii has made me put it down rather quickly.

What do you mean? Like, something wrong with the display? Cuz I get weird vertical lines with mine, and I figured it was the whole "480p on 720p TV" type thing.

Anyway, I just finished the first area's puzzles and this games is definitely made for the Wii. One of the few that can't be done (or be better) on another system.

Janus Prospero 10-25-2007 05:16 PM

The gamming apocalypse has begun for me.

Yesterday I picked up Ace Combat 6 and Ratchet & Clank Future. Havenít touched AC6 yet, but I did play through the first few levels of Ratchet & Clank.

As Peanut says, all the games are pretty much the same and the formula hasnít really changed much since Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal. Still...I love these games. Itís a series that for me is both incredibly fun to play and genuinely funny, even if subsequent games only offer slight deviations to the system and graphical improvements. That alone is enough to get me playing as I really love the characters, ridiculous plot elements, and the jokes. To me, R&C doesnít really suffer in the same way as say the Tomb Raider series did from cranking out essentially the same game. I think that has a lot to do with how the story tended to be spread very thinly across the lengthy TR levels and thus it took very long before you reached any kind of pay-off (I feel this was fixed in the new iteration of the franchise, where character interaction tended to be much more constant.)

So, if youíve played the previous games and loved them, give Tools of Destruction a chance. Some franchises obviously benefit from reinventing themselves (Resident Evil and Tomb Raider for example), while others are able to move forward with what they have and still make it work. Besides, with the current state of the video game industry where first person shooters seem to dominate, itís nice to play a good platform jumper again.

Jed 10-27-2007 06:44 AM

Got Tomb Raider Anniversary for the 360 and the New Goblin DLC for Spiderman 3.

Barkworm 10-27-2007 08:49 AM

I just ebayed a sealed copy of MP3: Corruption.

10-27-2007 11:00 AM

I bought Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for 360. Gotta get them achievements, mang.

ThirdMarioBro 10-27-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ai (Post 566449)
I bought Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for 360. Gotta get them achievements, mang.

Have fun determining your gamer social rank.

Seriously though, Oblivion is one of the most immersive experiences you can ever hope to have with a controller in your hands. Its just otherworldly. I can just take pleasure from climbing to the top of a mountain, looking around in every direction and realizing I can go anywhere I can see. That's just amazing.

Peanut 10-27-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro (Post 566463)
Have fun determining your gamer social rank.

Shut the hell up already. Jesus Christ, it's getting old.