The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Sakai Variant Usagi Figure (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59244)

funatic 12-06-2017 12:06 AM

Sakai Variant Usagi Figure
 
I don't frequent the toy section on here too often so please delete if this has already been posted elsewhere, but I just noticed Stan had been selling a new variant of the Playmates Usagi figure on his website along with some nice sketch incentives. Sadly the first wave appears to have already sold out, but watch his facebook closely as he's posted they may list more after they've taken inventory: http://stansakai.com/product-categor...e-toy-variant/

EDIT: Seeing this heavily discussed at the end of the 2017 toys thread. I should have *figured* this was being discussed already. Pun intended. Feel free to delete this thread or shift discussion here. I'll go stick my nose back in the comics section where it belongs. :tread:

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 12-06-2017 10:33 AM

This really deserved its own thread anyway, and moderators are usually dealing with much bigger problems here anyway (if they're here at all). This figure deserved its own thread anyway.

I have already put this up on eBay. Stan himself posted a link to my auction on his official Facebook page.

The choice to only list a set quantity per day has enabled me to generate money to scalp more of these :tlol:

DonnieLaForge 12-06-2017 10:58 AM

Sakai should send you a cease and desist. He owns the rights to that photograph, which is his own marketing material for his own store.

wpugh2424 12-06-2017 11:02 AM

The choice to only list a set quantity per day has enabled me to generate money to scalp more of these :tlol:[/QUOTE]

No kidding

Candy Kappa 12-06-2017 12:02 PM

at least you're honest about being a scalper.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 12-06-2017 12:11 PM

Most of you guys hate me anyway, so no point in not being frank.

Why should he do that? The figure isn't going to be worth any less when I have it in hand and can take my own picture. I am not his competition. Nobody is going to buy this until his stock has been depleted anyway.

It's also free advertising for his site.

drag0nfeathers 12-06-2017 12:28 PM

The figure does kind of need it's own thread. I thought it would have generated a bit more attention on here then it has to be honest.

I was able to pick the remarque version up the other day when they were for sale, but now that Stan has posted all the AP sketches on his Facebook I am really regretting not slinging the extra cash for one of those so I will try again today and see if I can get a second one.

If I can I'll probably sell off the 1st one I got, but I'll wait to see when I get them in hand and pick my favorite.... assuming I even am able to get a second one anyway.

They are supposed to go up today, but I have no clue when.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 12-06-2017 01:21 PM

My guess is that they will hit the same time as they did Monday to maintain some sort of order amidst the chaos. What I can't speculate about is whether or not they will post the remaining stock or another 100.

drag0nfeathers 12-06-2017 01:26 PM

Assuming they even have that much in remaining stock... if the counter was malfunctioning they may have sold more than intended the first go around.

DonnieLaForge 12-06-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1733107)
Why should he do that?

All kinds of reasons, with the main one being "because he can." Use your imagination for the others.

drag0nfeathers 12-06-2017 01:57 PM

I guess it depends if he posted the link to the auction out of annoyance or amusement...

tmntfannumerouno 12-06-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1733088)
This really deserved its own thread anyway, and moderators are usually dealing with much bigger problems here anyway (if they're here at all). This figure deserved its own thread anyway.

I have already put this up on eBay. Stan himself posted a link to my auction on his official Facebook page.

The choice to only list a set quantity per day has enabled me to generate money to scalp more of these :tlol:

Im not saying this will happen(don't shoot the messanger) but don't be surprised if your orders get cancelled by sakai. The bug has already been put in his ear by some people close to him.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 12-06-2017 03:06 PM

When you sell someone something, it's theirs to do what they please with...

BartAllen 12-06-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1733107)
Most of you guys hate me anyway

Can't argue with that.

On topic:
The figure looks fantastic. If I wasn't trying to trim down my collection, I'd definitely be interested in getting one.

DonnieLaForge 12-06-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1733164)
When you sell someone something, it's theirs to do what they please with...

Don't know who you're arguing with at this point, but if it's me, he most certainly has all the legal standing in the world to ask you to cease and desist using his photography without permission to sell your merchandise.

Obviously he can't make you take the listing down, but he could at least impede you with your own laziness and disrespect for copyright. And judging by the "angry faces" the Facebook post has, he does know that his fans aren't too happy so he probably isn't either at this point, so, I'm just pointing out one of his options.

Anyway, if I have to explain this basic truth to you then you may be in the wrong business as you will most likely get yourself in trouble eventually, it's just a matter of time.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 12-06-2017 04:19 PM

Fair point. I will just wait until I have it in hand and take my own picture.

Candy Kappa 12-06-2017 05:17 PM

The toys are up again, but the $50 and $175 tiers are out of stock.


I don't really see why there would be any problems with Latin Kings using Sakai's own photo since it is being used as the sales image on the shop. As long as there's transparency that the image is just used for stock, shows the correct tier and is clearly stated not being the actual picture of the product, there shouldn't be any issues.

DonnieLaForge 12-06-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1733215)
I don't really see why there would be any problems with Latin Kings using Sakai's own photo since it is being used as the sales image on the shop. As long as there's transparency that the image is just used for stock, shows the correct tier and is clearly stated not being the actual picture of the product, there shouldn't be any issues.

That's up to the copyright owner, not you. They have complete say over how it is used except in "fair use" scenarios which would not include ones which involve profit. If they say stop using it, that's the end of the story for you.

tmntfannumerouno 12-06-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge (Post 1733178)
Don't know who you're arguing with at this point, but if it's me, he most certainly has all the legal standing in the world to ask you to cease and desist using his photography without permission to sell your merchandise.

Obviously he can't make you take the listing down, but he could at least impede you with your own laziness and disrespect for copyright. And judging by the "angry faces" the Facebook post has, he does know that his fans aren't too happy so he probably isn't either at this point, so, I'm just pointing out one of his options.

Anyway, if I have to explain this basic truth to you then you may be in the wrong business as you will most likely get yourself in trouble eventually, it's just a matter of time.

It was directed at my post I believe.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 12-06-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1733215)
The toys are up again, but the $50 and $175 tiers are out of stock.


I don't really see why there would be any problems with Latin Kings using Sakai's own photo since it is being used as the sales image on the shop. As long as there's transparency that the image is just used for stock, shows the correct tier and is clearly stated not being the actual picture of the product, there shouldn't be any issues.

There's still stock left on the site too. No point in having it listed at all until all of that is gone.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.