The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Questions you hate/greatly dislike (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=41958)

shuriken 03-28-2013 09:21 PM

Questions you hate/greatly dislike

Some questions just rub certain people the wrong way. What's a question specific to you, that you hate hearing people ask or just think is dumb or whatever.
I personally hate when people ask "When are you getting married?", or "When are you having a baby?" to non-married people in long term relationships and Newlyweds with no child respectively. Always thought it was dumb and kinda insensitive.
Well, Vent away fellow Dromers.

THANKS MODS.:tgrin:

gobo 03-28-2013 09:36 PM

" a/s/l? "

ToSte 03-28-2013 11:21 PM

Are we there yet?

shuriken 03-28-2013 11:25 PM

^^Yes. trolling at it's most basic
Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 1077150)
" a/s/l? "

Ha yeah i saw that. I'll fix it.

Lethal Lullaby 03-29-2013 12:38 AM

How about this-

Right after specifically telling the waiter for no tomatoes on the sandwhich. And when the sandwich comes... there's tomatoes on it. And after telling the waiter that there's tomatoes on the sandwhich. "Why? Is she allergic to tomatoes?"

Me: *thinking* um you better hope I'm not allergic to tomatoes.

03-29-2013 03:25 AM

I can't stand rhetorical questions. :(

ZariusTwo 03-29-2013 05:54 AM

"Will you ever stop?"

Vivi 03-29-2013 06:48 AM

When people have news, begin with "Guess what?" and then actually expect you to guess more than once.

Candy Kappa 03-29-2013 06:56 AM

"do you have any bags?"
from when I work, yes we have our bags right next to the cash register, so you can take as many as you need yourself. And we've had that probably as long as I'm old AND they are easy to spot.

"how much does this cost?"
Oh, I don't know, how about checking those new thing we have called price label stored right under the ware you are interested in.

"if you don' have it in, don't advertise it in the store sales paper"
Because we, as a small local store can decide what stands in those papers when they are pre-made before hand. And often we don't get the right wares in if we don't usually supply them.

"Why are you always out of bread"
Because you arrive 15 minutes before closing time and we don't bake them ourselves.

Being a stores clerk would be nice, had it not been for the customers.

MrPliggins 03-29-2013 08:00 AM

When people find out I'm a designer/animator: "Why don't you try to work for Disney?" The entire animation world is Disney to some people.

Icebot 03-29-2013 09:07 AM

Any question that's hard to answer or explain or any question I'm not allowed to answer.

shuriken 03-30-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivi (Post 1077234)
When people have news, begin with "Guess what?" and then actually expect you to guess more than once.

Ha I'm so guilty of this. But then again I give hints so I dunno if that's as bad.
And Candy Kappa that sounds like a drag but whatevs. Such is life sometimes no?

gobo 03-30-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuriken (Post 1077177)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 1077150)
" a/s/l? "

Ha yeah i saw that. I'll fix it.

I'm confused. What do you think needs fixing? O_o

Cure 03-30-2013 05:09 PM

Are you Filipino?

On the flipside, I hate NOT being asked if I speak Spanish. It bothers me when they start speaking to me in Spanish without asking first. I pretend like I don't speak it at that point, even though I do.

Lethal Lullaby 04-01-2013 10:24 PM

When you stand up to get yourself something then somebody get's the nerve to say this: "Since you're standing up, could you get the remote?" and it's right in front of them.

Sage Ninja 04-05-2013 08:22 AM

when nosey people ask personal questions not out of any kind of concern but because they are looking for juicy tidbits to gossip about.

I also have come to dislike when someone asks you where you bought your clothing or jewelry and then when you tell them they're like "well excuse me!" :trolleye: as if where you bought it is some high fashion expensive place that only pretentious people go.

being asked 'you're not done/ready yet" or some other equivalent regarding how fast I can do something or get myself ready.

In general people who ask personal questions when it's not really there business.

Shreddhead 04-05-2013 08:40 AM

When you fill out all those forms at the Doctor's office, then tell the nurse about whatever's wrong as she writes it down and gives it to the Dr. Then the Dr. asks "So whats the problem" when he comes in. WTF, didnt you read that stuff??

Ecto Jedi 04-05-2013 09:07 AM

"Why don't you drink?"

Umm. Why don't you collect antique spoons? Right, because you have no interest in doing so.

pannoni1 04-06-2013 07:41 AM

Why aren't you listening to (insert overrated contemporary musician/pop star)? They just want you to feel that certain new songs/albums are cool when in reality its crap. The same applies to other forms of entertainment.

Donatello19 04-06-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPliggins (Post 1077256)
When people find out I'm a designer/animator: "Why don't you try to work for Disney?" The entire animation world is Disney to some people.

Well it's the best one :P

When you see someone you know in a grocery store and they're like "What are you doing here?" and I'm just like "Oh, you know. Just hunting elephants."