The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Questions/Comments/Suggestions (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Comment] getting rid of the tags? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58923)

Vegita-San 10-10-2017 08:13 AM

getting rid of the tags?

At this point, all they are used for is to insult various members. or just being rude.

since it would be impossible to edit them all, maybe there is a way to disable that feature?

sdp 10-10-2017 08:43 AM

How will I know who is a cuck if we disable them though?

Vegita-San 10-10-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1721331)
How will I know who is a cuck if we disable them though?

ok, that made me laugh.

at this point, everyone is going to get that honor sooner or later :)

plastroncafe 10-10-2017 09:07 AM

I'd rather we just get rid of the people responsible for the harassment instead.

Sumac 10-10-2017 09:12 AM

I agree, that this feature should be removed or people purring such tags should be punished.

Seeing this things everywhere gives this forum a very immature feeling. I mean anyone will see it after reading some discussions here, but still.:D

TurtleWA 10-10-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1721336)
I'd rather we just get rid of the people responsible for the harassment instead.

I like this idea. Punishing the group rather than the individual just doesn't feel right. And the tags are clearly being used to harass.

Vegita-San 10-10-2017 12:29 PM

is there a way to find out who is doing it though?

I thought it was rather obvious who the culprit was at one point, but now i think it could be at least 3 different people

plastroncafe 10-10-2017 12:33 PM

The mods know, and they've issued warnings in the past.

CyberCubed 10-10-2017 01:23 PM

The Star Wars Episode 8 thread has like 10 ridiculous tags in it right now:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=54544&page=23

It's awful.

GoldMutant 10-10-2017 01:43 PM

I know the OP won't care because I'm on his ignore list, but I think the tag situation is good, but also bad.

On one hand, you got a bunch of tags to refer to when looking for specific threads. It makes the process a bit easier of finding older threads for a kick or two. Additionally, there are some genuinely funny ones too. However, I do know humor is extremely subjective; I may find some funny, but others will not.

As for the negatives, I think the introduction of "cuck" and any member wars have caused the tags to be overused. Seriously, I've seen so many tags relating to the former that it's boring. Also, this might be me, but some of the tags are just, well, cruel. Case in point was a thread about the late Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, in which I saw a tag of "It should've been Cube." Tags like that are distasteful, hold no bearing on the topic (Cube wasn't in that thread to my knowledge), and just stupid.

I'm not saying to kill all the tags, but at the least, get rid of anything relating to cuck and the tags that go too far.

Prowler 10-11-2017 04:43 PM

How did tags become a thing for every thread anyway? I don't recall that always being the case. Tags were very rarely used before and they were never used as a way to mock other users. I think it was around 2013 or 2014 when someone made tags such as cybercubed thinks deep and cybercubed acts prejudiced... which at first were pretty funny, I gotta say. And then, for a while, there wer no new tags like that, and then, suddenly a lot of new tags for CyberCubed started popping up all over the place again. And also tags such as cuck and whatever else. It became ridiculous.

I dunno who makes them, but I recall Machias telling ToTheNines and Commander42 to stop doing tags in one thread.

Btw, I only see one tag in that Star Wars thread you've linked, Cubed. I guess the mods removed them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldMutant (Post 1721395)
I know the OP won't care because I'm on his ignore list, but I think the tag situation is good, but also bad.

On one hand, you got a bunch of tags to refer to when looking for specific threads. It makes the process a bit easier of finding older threads for a kick or two. Additionally, there are some genuinely funny ones too. However, I do know humor is extremely subjective; I may find some funny, but others will not.

As for the negatives, I think the introduction of "cuck" and any member wars have caused the tags to be overused. Seriously, I've seen so many tags relating to the former that it's boring. Also, this might be me, but some of the tags are just, well, cruel. Case in point was a thread about the late Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, in which I saw a tag of "It should've been Cube." Tags like that are distasteful, hold no bearing on the topic (Cube wasn't in that thread to my knowledge), and just stupid.

I'm not saying to kill all the tags, but at the least, get rid of anything relating to cuck and the tags that go too far.

WOW someone actually wished death upon CyberCubed?! That's messed up, man.

Vegita-San 10-11-2017 06:04 PM

yep. That's what happens when you don't ignore someone. you become so focused on them that you turn to crazy, and in this case, down right violent.

it's really not healthy. and another reason why the tags should be permanently disabled, as well as getting rid of the folks responsible for the more violent ones.

Cure 10-11-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegita-San (Post 1721693)
it's really not healthy.

You're not exactly the picture of mental health.