The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT Universe #14 Preview and Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58696)

bushido 09-09-2017 08:15 AM

TMNT Universe #14 Preview and Discussion

Preview here.

Ninjinister 09-09-2017 11:59 AM

Why do I get the feeling that Koya's gonna eff it up for them?

Technogeek29 09-09-2017 01:04 PM

Hmm not gonna lie Bludgeon has the same reaction I would to someone trying to mess with me while I'm sleepy. I like it.

EDIT: Also nice Sophie on the spirit holding a severed head of
Spoiler:
"Shredder"
might be my favorite page.

ChosenOne 09-09-2017 05:40 PM

I like how Zen and collected Bludgeon seems, a far cry from his days as mere mutated dumb muscle.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-09-2017 08:12 PM

Bludgeon is AMAZING.

And yeah, Koya is def gonna screw it up. :tlol:

myconius 09-11-2017 01:18 PM

(in William Shatner Kirk voice)

MUST . . . RESIST . . . TEMPTATION . . . to look at . . . PREVIEWS!!!

from where the last issue left off at, i am SOOO stoked to see what was crawling out of the ground to come get them. :o :D

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...624056/CS4.gif

neatoman 09-13-2017 07:46 AM

I noticed that that even though it's three parts in the name and powers of the sword has still not been mentioned. Anyone else think it might be the Sword of Tengu?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-13-2017 08:36 AM

Actually, this story arc is called "The Path."

Bludgeon continues to impress me. Koya continues to not (get it together, birdbrain!)... :tlol:

ProphetofGanja 09-13-2017 09:45 AM

I believe neatoman is saying that even though we have reached part 3 of 4, we haven't gotten many details on the sword itself

Redeemer 09-13-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myconius (Post 1713244)
(in William Shatner Kirk voice)

MUST . . . RESIST . . . TEMPTATION . . . to look at . . . PREVIEWS!!!

from where the last issue left off at, i am SOOO stoked to see what was crawling out of the ground to come get them. :o :D

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...624056/CS4.gif

Lol this is how I feel haha!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-13-2017 09:57 AM

I'm still not 100% sure what Ocho is. (Other than a giant gnarly badass...)

Spoiler:
Also, I just noticed that there are THREE talismans (talismen?) on the wall... :teek:

ChosenOne 09-13-2017 11:21 AM

My two favorite panels in this issue:

Spoiler:
Koya and Bludgeon watching the fight as Karai is thrown against the wall, and later Karai's failed attempt at uppercutting Ocho. :lol:

ProphetofGanja 09-13-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1713790)
I'm still not 100% sure what Ocho is. (Other than a giant gnarly badass...)

Spoiler:
Also, I just noticed that there are THREE talismans (talismen?) on the wall... :teek:

Land, Air, and Sea. Hmm, interesting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1713814)
My two favorite panels in this issue:

Spoiler:
Koya and Bludgeon watching the fight as Karai is thrown against the wall, and later Karai's failed attempt at uppercutting Ocho. :lol:

lmao Yeah that was great. Sophie is good with injecting comedy into scenes.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-13-2017 12:25 PM

The uppercut fail was THE BEST part of this story! :tlol:

*tap*

myconius 09-13-2017 12:29 PM

Bludgeon is quickly becoming one of my favorite supporting Mutant characters next to Man Ray (and both behind Hob)

i like how both Bludgeon and Ray when in stories are both intellectual an calm characters. i wonder if this was intentional since they are both aquatic creatures?

some of the ghoulish and creepy art from the issue was reminding me just a tad bit of Eric Talbot's Ghouls. :tsmile:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 1713786)
Lol this is how I feel haha!

really glad i was able to hold off from looking at the previews! :D

Technogeek29 09-13-2017 08:08 PM

Ocho's predatory face was awesome with the color choice they used.

I actually kind of like the lash out from Koya was more of a shove you give someone for getting too close.

EDIT: It is rather cool the scenes from this 4 part arc often switch between what Bludgeon can see. Such as Ocho's original form when everyone else only see's a Badger Mole.

CyberCubed 09-13-2017 10:14 PM

I liked the horror aspect with the zombies, I hope we see more. Ocho seems to be a mole or badger, or something along those lines. He looked quite menacing and I liked the fight between him and Karai.

The other parts of the issue with Natsu and her grandfather and Tatsuo don't interest me much, but it's still early so we'll see where that goes. I would have preferred the story focus solely on Karai and her exploits.

Technogeek29 09-13-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1713963)
I liked the horror aspect with the zombies, I hope we see more. Ocho seems to be a mole or badger, or something along those lines. He looked quite menacing and I liked the fight between him and Karai.

The other parts of the issue with Natsu and her grandfather and Tatsuo don't interest me much, but it's still early so we'll see where that goes. I would have preferred the story focus solely on Karai and her exploits.

Ocho is a "she":)

Erik Burnham 09-13-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1713963)

In which case come part four I'd've been in trouble for not laying a foundation for things you've yet to see. 😁

Redeemer 09-14-2017 08:21 AM

Best part of this issue :lol:
Spoiler:
Karia getting thrown against the wall and Koyo and Bludgeon just looking ackwardly