The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What was your favorite movie moment? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59224)

Yabuturtle 12-03-2017 07:29 AM

What was your favorite movie moment?

If you could pick a moment from any TMNT, which would be the greatest to you?

neatoman 12-03-2017 08:24 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-W7VP2TdvU-...c42/RCO021.JPG

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 12-03-2017 10:23 AM

Films

Do you ask just for the films?

FredWolfLeonardo 12-03-2017 10:25 AM

"Help, I'm a turtle and can't get up"

Donatello, Tmnt 3.

Spike Spiegel 12-03-2017 10:54 AM

The Turtles hanging out with April before Splinter gets nabbed by the Foot (1990 film).
The infiltration and fight sequence at TGRI (SOTO).
Raphael's relationship with Yoshi (III).

Autbot_Benz 12-03-2017 02:49 PM

Casey Jones introduction from TMNT 1990.

The class is Pain 101. Your instructor is Casey Jones.

Utrommaniac 12-03-2017 11:57 PM

Movie moment?
Well, since I've only seen the modern two...Shredder standing around and going with the flow when first confronting Krang instead of reacting accordingly and throwing a right hook that would come away mucus-y. I hate it for that, but I also love it. Had this scene been written by competent writers, it would have been funny in an entirely different way than it was.

And, a moment that actually was funny, the turtles messing with Casey when he first sees Splinter. That scene deserves a place in a better movie.

But since people are going with comic scenes...Professor Obligado's second death while his memories are being preserved. With the story being shown from Obligado's visual perspective, the framing with even panels until he actually starts to pass on, cutting away from his perspective so his reactions to remembering seeing his parents for the first time can be seen (while dropping a tiny hint on how newborn Utroms are fed). Not to mention it's the first time his name is dropped, after two issues of it not being known. And his trust of a complete stranger to comfort him in his last moments.
I like that the Obligado stories got introspective, but this one was special. It was observant of a death without being e d g y, and that's probably the thing I like most of all.

Spike Spiegel 12-04-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1732640)
And, a moment that actually was funny, the turtles messing with Casey when he first sees Splinter. That scene deserves a place in a better movie.

There were certain scenes thoughout OOTS that were so well done, it almost makes me wish there was a better directors' cut somewhere.

plastroncafe 12-04-2017 12:42 PM

I really like the scenes where we get to see the in the suits...out of the suits.

So the Pizza Guy and the Cab Driver in particular.

neatoman 12-04-2017 12:48 PM

Oh, uh, movie moments, huh? Alright how about...

... OK so, can't really say it's good but it is unintentionally hilarious. April gets fired for being terrible at journalism and she never gets her job back for the rest of the movie, because nobody has a reason to, because she was legitimately bad at it. She asked her boss to break ethics and publish an implausible story without evidence, it doesn't matter that it was true, it's still what she did.

Yeah, they pretend it didn't happen in the sequel but still.

Andrew NDB 12-04-2017 12:48 PM

The escape from April's store/house as it's on fire in movie #1. Just those moments in particular felt "real" to me and appropriately sad and created an appropriate air of defeat.

IndigoErth 12-04-2017 01:03 PM

Difficult question. With so many films I don't think I have any one single favorite moment, just plenty I like equally, esp with the originals. Esp the first two, where the goodness just kind of all blurs together as a whole lot of fave moment collectively.

Agree with many already mentioned. Off the top of my head, could also add I like (in 1990) when the Turtles turn up back at April's place. Sad, after finding their home trashed and Splinter missing, but suddenly these very capable mutant Turtles are also just a bunch of lost kids who presently have no idea what to do, they can't seek help like anyone else, and have no one else to turn to other than the woman they'd just met. Pulls at the heartstrings.

OotS.... When Mikey is introducing everyone to Casey and Leo's patience is really thin for it (because really, why the hell are we doing this with this guy you JUST met?), I love the subtle change in expression on Leo's face when, after a second, it suddenly clicks in his head the joke Mikey made at his expense.

Also love the ending when they're given those keys, since that would probably mean so much to them.

It's a shame that the new films are so lacking that likeable moments are easier to pick out.

sgtfbomb 12-04-2017 04:34 PM

The campfire scene and "I'll never call golf a dull sport again."

Shark_Blade 12-04-2017 05:09 PM

She's so hot I can feel my shell tightening.

Bry 12-04-2017 06:04 PM

I'm not going with the most exciting moments. More of the bits I found most emotionally affecting.

TMNT: Lots to choose from, but the Turtles returning to a ransacked home to find Splinter's been taken. The rotating, shaking camera around Raphael as his panic and grief build will stick with me forever.

TMNT2: Kind of understated, but Donatello struggling with their accidental origin and not being "special" because of it was pretty strong material. "Do not confuse the specter of your origins with your present worth" is a pretty damn great Splinter line.

TMNT3: Raph bonding with the kid, Yoshi, was pretty charming.

TMNT (2007): Leo's return to New York and reunion with Splinter was my personal highlight. Quite touching, and the performances really sold the father-son bond to me.

Turtles Forever: At the end, all three very different versions of the Turtles saying their goodbyes and acknowledging their respect for each other.

BayTurtles: The moment it ended.

BayTurtles 2: The moment I decided not to bother seeing it.

DarkFell 12-04-2017 07:32 PM

0:55-1:00 says it.

pferreira 12-07-2017 08:15 AM

Off the top of my head from the first movie I liked when Sam Rockwell tried to rationalise The Foot as something he welcomed as family while Casey just basically went "are you out of your mind?" and said "you call all this over here and that over there a family?"

I also liked in the sequel where Tokka tries to copy the Turtles jumping into the manhole and gets stuck which leads to Mikey tickling his feet. :lol:

There were tons of great moments scattered throughout the movie.

d_osborn 12-09-2017 07:13 PM

The "We're going back..." farm shot in the first movie. Hands down my fav. Gorgeous southern sunset. I can feel the humidity coming off of the shot.

The 360 degree handheld shot of Raph and Splinter in the first film is a gorgeous piece of the film. Cool camera move for a scene requiring killer acting out of puppet and latex-clad animatronic head. They nailed it. John Fenner's minimal lighting was gorgeous.

The Turtle Terminator 12-10-2017 12:47 AM

I swallowed a frog, I hope it wasn't an ancestor. Undoubtedly one of the best lines ever wrote for cinema

RaphaelinSTL 12-10-2017 07:25 AM

Man, it's hard to pick an overall moment. In the 1990 movie, especially, there's plenty to be found.

Not in regards to emotional ... but a moment that consistently gives me goosebumps in all the right ways is this one.

https://media.giphy.com/media/cx4EygOEk3ip2/giphy.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1732827)
She's so hot I can feel my shell tightening.

I hope you're being ironic ... but something tells me you're not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bry (Post 1732838)
I'm not going with the most exciting moments. More of the bits I found most emotionally affecting.

TMNT: Lots to choose from, but the Turtles returning to a ransacked home to find Splinter's been taken. The rotating, shaking camera around Raphael as his panic and grief build will stick with me forever.

TMNT2: Kind of understated, but Donatello struggling with their accidental origin and not being "special" because of it was pretty strong material. "Do not confuse the specter of your origins with your present worth" is a pretty damn great Splinter line.

TMNT3: Raph bonding with the kid, Yoshi, was pretty charming.

TMNT (2007): Leo's return to New York and reunion with Splinter was my personal highlight. Quite touching, and the performances really sold the father-son bond to me.

Turtles Forever: At the end, all three very different versions of the Turtles saying their goodbyes and acknowledging their respect for each other.

BayTurtles: The moment it ended.

BayTurtles 2: The moment I decided not to bother seeing it.

Good list, sir!