The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   October 2017 Solicitations (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58346)

AlZarkovski 07-19-2017 08:50 AM

October 2017 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #75

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Cory Smith (a & c) • Kevin Eastman (c) • Ben Bates (c)

“Trial of Krang,” part 3 of 3. The oversized conclusion to the Turtles' greatest extra-dimensional story arc is here! Both the prosecution and the defense have tricks up their sleeves as testimony gets emotional. Meanwhile, a war rages outside the courtroom as the Malignoid swarm engulfs Planet Neutrino!

FC | 48 pages | $7.99

Bullet points:
• An oversized epic that starts the road to TMNT #100!
• Courtroom drama and extra-dimensional war action all in one issue!
• Variant cover by Ben Bates!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #15

Erik Burnham (w) • Sophie Campbell (a & c) • Freddie Williams II (c) • Kaori Matuso (c)

“Karai’s Path,” part 4 of 4. Tokyo is ablaze as a gang war spirals out of control. Karai returns with a secret weapon, but will she choose a path of peace or war? And what will that choice mean for the TMNT?

FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Bullet points:
• The conclusion to a new TMNT classic from Erik Burnham and Sophie Campbell!
• Variant cover by Kaori Matuso!

Other solicitations here.

MikeandRaph87 07-19-2017 09:15 AM

Starts the road to #100? I thought #51 did!? Leatherhead and Triceratons involved? Witnesses perhaps? Is Hack-r connected to Malinga or would his failure and capture caise Kramg to try again with Malinga?

ProphetofGanja 07-19-2017 09:34 AM

Wow, Leatherhead being there is a real left turn. Cory's art is looking great

Sabacooza 07-19-2017 10:07 AM

I wonder what's up with all the Leo clones.

Shedder 07-19-2017 10:11 AM

Was it already known that Stump was in this?
He's there on #75 A beside Fugitoid and what I can assume is Sling
This looks like a great series. Love Cory's art
Also from the looks of this Cover A does anyone else get the impression that Donnie might not be going back with his brothers right away.
Something about his posture I guess

ChosenOne 07-19-2017 10:22 AM

I had a sneaking suspicion that Leatherhead would be one of the witnesses, or at least involved in some capacity, especially after Bobby commented that we'd be seeing him "sooner rather than later", and I'm kicking myself for not having mentioned it before now.

This is also probably where the Triceratons first take notice of the Turtles and/or Earth, so it's quite a big development that could have untold ramifications in the future. Is the #100 endgame a Triceraton invasion of Earth? No, it can't be. Can it...?

Just when we thought it couldn't get any better... :o

ProphetofGanja 07-19-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shedder (Post 1699469)
Was it already known that Stump was in this?
He's there on #75 A beside Fugitoid and what I can assume is Sling
This looks like a great series. Love Cory's art
Also from the looks of this Cover A does anyone else get the impression that Donnie might not be going back with his brothers right away.
Something about his posture I guess

You could be onto something regarding Donnie. Maybe he has to stay behind in Dimension X for a little while for diplomatic reasons or something

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabacooza (Post 1699467)
I wonder what's up with all the Leo clones.

I'm guessing it's just a hallucination or illusion or something, and Karai is going to come back for the Foot Clan with a vengeance, blaming Leo for starting the chain of events that lead to her ousting

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-19-2017 11:47 AM

Leatherhead, Triceratons, Neutrinos, Maligna, Krang, Fugitoid, OH MY!!!

My new username is gonna be a b!tch to type out. :trazz:

Starts the road to #100, eh?

Triceraton War?

CyberCubed 07-19-2017 12:05 PM

Leatherhead participated in Stump's Wrestling arena in Archie, and he actually fought Ace Duck there if I remember correctly, so I wonder if the same will happen here.

CyberCubed 07-19-2017 12:14 PM

LOL, I just noticed the $7.99 price tag on issue #75. :o

Worth it though since it's a double sized issue.

Weapons@theready 07-19-2017 12:22 PM

Gotta be a wrap around cover based on how Stump is cut off right?

neatoman 07-19-2017 01:46 PM

Oh hi, Mozar! Good to see you're back to the robo arm.

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...20140106193950

AlZarkovski 07-19-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weapons@theready (Post 1699506)
Gotta be a wrap around cover based on how Stump is cut off right?

It is very interesting. If you look closely at the right and left edges of each of the covers, you will see 73 and 74 issues have a combined cover, but 75 does not connect to them. As if one cover is missing.

oldmanwinters 07-19-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlZarkovski (Post 1699524)
It is very interesting. If you look closely at the right and left edges of each of the covers, you will see 73 and 74 issues have a combined cover, but 75 does not connect to them. As if one cover is missing.

My guess is that #75 features a wrap-around cover.

AlZarkovski 07-19-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1699527)
My guess is that #75 features a wrap-around cover.

Oh, you're right! I am stupid. It is obvious!:tlol:

Utrommaniac 07-19-2017 02:43 PM

...I'm raising my bet that Krang isn't going to survive to the end of this story.

But at last, the Triceratons are back!

CyberCubed 07-19-2017 03:14 PM

I don't think Krang will be executed, he might just be banished to a toxic waste planet like Krang in Archie, or to an ice asteroid like Ch'rell in 4kids before he returned.

Krang in exile is a pretty common end for his character, and leaves the door open if they ever want to use him again years down the line.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-19-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1699557)
I don't think Krang will be executed, he might just be banished to a toxic waste planet like Krang in Archie, or to an ice asteroid like Ch'rell in 4kids before he returned.

Krang in exile is a pretty common end for his character, and leaves the door open if they ever want to use him again years down the line.

And killing major characters seems to be a no-no for IDW.

Except for Saki.

Because he's like the Terminator.

He'll be back.

MikeandRaph87 07-19-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1699557)

Professor Jordan Pwrry: Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on...my nan.

Utrommaniac 07-19-2017 03:28 PM

It would extremely funny if they put him on Morbus if they didn't know any better. He'd have that planet under his control in something like a month.

Otherwise, I think the best logical option is to stick him on Burnow, while removing all means of teleportation so he won't try to cause havok. Why?
The risk of Ch'rell and other Utroms making a martyr out of Krang whether he's executed or banished would be too great, plus there's the potential that they might want revenge.

Plus, in the case that the Triceratons take over, it would create a B-plot wherein they have to take the hard way to get to the Utroms for help in fighting them. Because of course they'd have to be involved in fighting their own creation.
(Maybe with Churk having a Doctor Frankenstein complex with them, since he's technically the root of their existence?)