The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Official Comic Convention Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49123)

Btown 08-25-2014 02:53 PM

Official Comic Convention Thread

The purpose of this thread is to collect and ask what TMNT artists may be at any Comic Conventions you may be attending. Many of us are collectors of Original Art/Sketches/Prints/Autographs of people that have work on TMNT. If your attending a Con and know what artists will be there please post and let us know, if your attending a con and are unsure if any TMNT artists will be there, feel free to ask. We're all here to help one another.

Redrumh2o 08-25-2014 03:11 PM

Great idea!

Venom 08-25-2014 07:29 PM

Sure, why not!

Renamed/stickies. Just edit your post to something stating the thread's intention and were all set!

tfranzone 08-25-2014 07:44 PM

This is great bc I'm always wondering who will be at conventions turtle related.

If anyone gets info on NYCC that would be great. So far I'm pretty sure Eric Talbot and Michael Dooney will be there. Id really like to get a piece of original tmnt art this year from someone who's worked on Mirage books. Cory smith who did the recent IDW issue 37 will be there as well.

I think Kevin Eastman's schedule said he's out of the country all October but it would be cool if him or any more turtles related writers and artists will be in attendance. Please post any news here!

Btown 08-25-2014 08:39 PM

Glad to see that others think this is a good idea as well. I guess I will start it off:

Dragon Con (29 Aug - 1 Sep):

Jamie Tyndall

Granite State Comic Con (13-14 Sep):

CPW3

Rhode Island Comic Con (1-2 Nov):

Eric Talbot
Michael Dooney

Super Mega Fest (22-23 Nov):

Kevin Eastman

Mayhem 08-26-2014 01:21 AM

Alamo City Comic Con (26-28th September)

Kevin Eastman

Jay $tarkiller 08-26-2014 01:25 AM

Love the idea, though I'm not living in the States. But I'm planning to go there on vacation next year. Of course I'll go to a con in the New York, Boston area, so this thread will come in handy..Great idea, Btown!!

Shedder 08-26-2014 08:12 AM

Anyone know of any at the Fan Expo in Toronto this weekend?

Btown 08-26-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shedder (Post 1340454)
Anyone know of any at the Fan Expo in Toronto this weekend?

While not artist related but both Mark Hussey and Isaac Elliot-Fisher are listed to be there. Both worked on the Turtle Power Documentary.

TheJ-manTurtleMan 08-27-2014 10:47 AM

Great idea! Could we use this thread to post all TMNT stuffs at upcoming conventions? Or Is there another thread that we can?

Btown 08-27-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTron (Post 1341186)
Great idea! Could we use this thread to post all TMNT stuffs at upcoming conventions? Or Is there another thread that we can?

What other stuff do you have in mind?

Sofistocat 08-28-2014 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTron (Post 1341186)

Welcome btown! Awesome idea, this is something that I thought about for a while. Great to see the ball is rolling.

Solely my opinion, but the thread name is "Official Comic Convention Thread". I would leave this thread to comic-related posts. The diversity of this thread allows for another thread to be established in the proper section. Not sure how everybody else feels.
-----
Baltimore Comic Con:

Eric Talbot
Michael Dooney
Rick Veitch
Rich Woodall
Fred Hembeck
Bob Mcleod
David Petersen
Joe Rubenstein

UNDR 08-30-2014 05:26 PM

Such an awesome thread. I really hope I get the chance to make some events in the near future and meet the creators.

Btown 09-02-2014 08:32 AM

Well Tyndall didn't have any copies of his 30th anniversary cover with him this weekend at dragon Con but did say if I get one online I could send it to him and he'll sign it for me so that's prolly the route I'll go.

Sofistocat 09-02-2014 09:29 AM

Figured I would do a Baltimore Comic Con roll call. Who's going? I'm shooting down on Friday. If anyone wants to meet up, shoot me a PM.

Btown 09-05-2014 08:33 PM

Rich Woodall has been announced for Granite State Comic Con next weekend. I will be getting my #22 Variant of his signed for sure now.

tfranzone 09-22-2014 01:09 PM

Anyone have any NYCC news yet? Exclusives, people to see?

SonOfZog 09-25-2014 08:25 PM

Armageddon

Anyone else going to see Kevin Eastman in Australia this October?

funatic 09-28-2014 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfranzone (Post 1353229)
Anyone have any NYCC news yet? Exclusives, people to see?

Seconded, it's not too far away! I'll try to get the ball rolling...

For panels there's the Nick cartoon on Friday. Various IDW panels but they don't specify if there will be any turtles news. No Tom Waltz as far as I know.

For artists there's the usual Dooney & Talbot... IDW mains Dario Brizuela & Corey Smith, and some periphery guys like Khary Randolf, David Peterson, Chris Uminga, Derek Fridolfs, Marcelo Ferreira, & Michael Dialynas. I'm sure there's more...

Anyone have any other artists to add? exclusives? any word on a nick show signing like last year?

pl212 09-30-2014 07:47 AM

Who's attending?
I'll be there Friday through Sunday.