The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   This is the end, my friend... (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58702)

neatoman 09-09-2017 06:02 PM

This is the end, my friend...

Alright, so now we have an official date for when all the episodes are out in some capacity, 22nd of September, less than two weeks from now. It's a little premature to post this but it might as well happen now, discuss general opinions on the show as a whole while remaining days go by...

CyberCubed 09-09-2017 06:35 PM

It's not over until the fat lady sings.

It's weird how fast it went by though. I still remember the Nick shows debut way back in 2012....that really was 5 years ago though. It certainly doesn't feel like it. I guess the passage of time as an adult is different. To little kids who grew up with this show it probably felt like a long time for them.

Papenbrook 09-09-2017 06:38 PM

Amen, neatoman. :cry:

May you rest in peace, 2k12 TMNT.

BYWInsaniac 09-09-2017 08:20 PM

I can't believe it.

118 down, 6 to go.

CyberCubed 09-09-2017 08:30 PM

At least it made 124 episodes. Yet another TMNT cartoon that made it over 100 episodes.

I never want to see a TMNT cartoon that ends at only 26 or 52-65 episodes. We are not DC or Marvel.

lonewarrior20 09-09-2017 08:41 PM

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-12-2015/AH0W90.gif

snake 09-09-2017 11:06 PM

It was fun! The scheduling problems maybe have affected my opinion of the show, but we had a good run.

CyberCubed 09-09-2017 11:28 PM

Yeah after the last eps air, I'm going to marathon all 124 episodes together over a few weeks so I can refresh my memory of the series and watch everything back to back. That way you see how the show changed and evolved, all the plotlines and character details you might have forgotten, etc.

I may even read the Nick comics IDW put out inbetween my rewatch to add more stories to the overall Nick canon.

DestronMirage22 09-10-2017 12:12 AM

It was for the best.

Faster and Cheaper 09-10-2017 02:09 AM

I remember being jazzed when I went back to school to finesse my animation skills, that I would be learning from someone who was working on the show all the way back in early 2012. I was jealous when someone I knew got on it, and as the years went by I figured I missed my shot to ever be on a show that I enjoyed as a fan.

Come early 2016 and by a stroke of luck I finally got on for the final season. Even got to be on one of the teams that worked 3 episodes compared to 2. It was the most fun and rewarding project I've been on in my four years in the industry.

JH24 09-10-2017 02:38 AM

@Faster and Cheaper

You worked on the final season of this series? That's so cool! What did you have to do? Does this mean when an episode airs you can exactly tell which scenes you've worked on?

Powder 09-10-2017 02:51 AM

Just read their post history, they did exactly that in the episode review threads...

Faster and Cheaper 09-10-2017 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JH24 (Post 1712885)
@Faster and Cheaper

You worked on the final season of this series? That's so cool! What did you have to do? Does this mean when an episode airs you can exactly tell which scenes you've worked on?

I just animated my scheduled shots and usually other shots to help out. Also did the cameras too for those shots. Quite a bit of work but fun, challenging, work. And yeah any episode I worked on I can tell you which was mine, I probably have a good idea who did what, and I know which team worked on which episode :).

You can go to the episode threads this season and see some cool info that I shared. Any other questions feel free to ask :)

Edit: what the above poster said lol

JH24 09-10-2017 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faster and Cheaper (Post 1712887)
I just animated my scheduled shots and usually other shots to help out. Also did the cameras too for those shots. Quite a bit of work but fun, challenging, work. And yeah any episode I worked on I can tell you which was mine, I probably have a good idea who did what, and I know which team worked on which episode :).

You can go to the episode threads this season and see some cool info that I shared. Any other questions feel free to ask :)

Edit: what the above poster said lol

Thank you for the reply. I'm reading your post history like you and Powder suggested. Wow, it must be like a dream to have a chance working on a series you enjoy as a fan. To be part of a team and to see your work and that of your colleagues on television, and with so many people being able to see it.

In one of your posts you mentioned you've also worked on the finale and even know a bit about the story. I look forward to hear which scenes you've worked on after it has aired.

newfan 09-10-2017 04:12 AM

I remember seeing 20 episodes listed for this season and thinking it still seems plenty but when it reaches 20, the extra 6 would feel like more a big deal. I want those extra episodes. :lol:

Quote:

I remember being jazzed when I went back to school to finesse my animation skills, that I would be learning from someone who was working on the show all the way back in early 2012. I was jealous when someone I knew got on it, and as the years went by I figured I missed my shot to ever be on a show that I enjoyed as a fan.

Come early 2016 and by a stroke of luck I finally got on for the final season. Even got to be on one of the teams that worked 3 episodes compared to 2. It was the most fun and rewarding project I've been on in my four years in the industry.
That's awsome

BubblyShell22 09-10-2017 07:56 AM

Yep, it's sad that it's ending so soon, but it was definitely a good run and will be missed. I know that when that final episode airs, I will be crying tears of sadness that it's over and tears of joy that I was able to watch the whole series and stuck by it until the end.

Definitely need to get some of the DVDs I don't have because sooner or later, you won't be able to find them.

CyberCubed 09-10-2017 03:11 PM

Depending on how the last few eps go, I'm glad that most of the shows plotlines and characters were wrapped up. Only a few minor things about some side characters seem to have no real resolution, but oh well. The 50 year timeskip likely means everyone is dead anyway.

909 Turtle Fan 09-10-2017 08:11 PM

"The west is the best. The west IS THE best. Get here and we'll do the rest"
I really enjoyed this version of the turtle-boys. I'm very great-full for all the happy memories of watching this show with my daughters and everything else that came with the success of the show. Here's to hoping Rise is just as enjoyable :tsmile:

Vegita-San 09-10-2017 08:43 PM

with what's been rumored to come next.. i can't help but wonder if we'll look back on this show and think 'we didn't know how good we had it then'..

I sure hope not..

Powder 09-10-2017 08:56 PM

Considering most people here love the show, we know darn well how good we've had it.