The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Rise of the TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Rise TMNT Season 1 discussion Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60218)

Tmntfan4life 11-01-2019 08:18 PM

What the heck that looks amazing I love the comic reference with the turtles all wearing red bandanna's I beleive Andy suriano(executive producer on the show) said he loved the comics and it shows here,love that ghostbear
Is actually a bear now he looks better to me and manticat seems cool still confused of whether it's repos pet or him and a cat mutated together in the end this promo is hype and I love everything about it. also DRAXUM BETTER NOT HURT APRIL(OR MUTATE HER)

Vicky82 11-02-2019 02:44 AM

2 new episode titles and it looks like they are half hour episodes, both airing on the same day on November 16th.

No descriptions yet.

25 - Insane in the Mama Train

26 - End Game (looks like we going to have an Avengers crossover :lol:)

https://tvschedule.zap2it.com/overvi...=sl&aid=gapzap

Season 2 starts a week later.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...tles/listings/

Leofan26 11-02-2019 08:50 AM

The promo looks interesting, I'm curious about why the turtles get so serious in one of those shots. Season two starts, I hope that so called Halloween episode that maybe was from season two was not because that'd mean Raph was still leader and I'm hopeful that they don't wait till the final to switch roles. We need more foreshadowing and stuff.

IndigoErth 11-02-2019 11:00 AM

Came across this ad a couple times this morning. "A new era will begin." Admit, that caught my attention. I so kinda want to have hope that is as good as it sounds, but it's sooo hard to trust this show not to keep falling flat on things that sound cool outside the context of what actually happens in an episode. lol

Vicky82 11-14-2019 02:31 PM

New clip from the season final.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=499438067316529

Zog The Magnificent 11-14-2019 02:51 PM

I gotta say, I've really come around on this one. I hated it when it first started. I thought the premise was stupid and that it looked bad. But it's actually managed to develop a legitimately intersting ongoing plot, there's actual character development, and the animation itself is actually pretty good and dynamic. This show stands on its own as one of the most insane and different version of the turtles in the entire franchise, and it knows that and does not apologize. It just leans even harder into doing its own thing. Sure, it's not my favorite version, not by a long shot. But it's managed to turn itself into something truly unique, and I feel like it stands on its own merits. It knows what it wants to be, it told us that right from the get-go, and it has not looked back. It doesn't erase the other versions, and eventually, for those that hate it, it will end and another iteration will take it's place. Why not just take it as its own thing and not endlessly compare it to the others? I think that not only is it okay to like this show, but that there's actually something worthwhile to like. Bravo, Rise Team.

PApagreg 11-14-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent (Post 1825568)
I gotta say, I've really come around on this one. I hated it when it first started. I thought the premise was stupid and that it looked bad. But it's actually managed to develop a legitimately intersting ongoing plot, there's actual character development, and the animation itself is actually pretty good and dynamic. This show stands on its own as one of the most insane and different version of the turtles in the entire franchise, and it knows that and does not apologize. It just leans even harder into doing its own thing. Sure, it's not my favorite version, not by a long shot. But it's managed to turn itself into something truly unique, and I feel like it stands on its own merits. It knows what it wants to be, it told us that right from the get-go, and it has not looked back. It doesn't erase the other versions, and eventually, for those that hate it, it will end and another iteration will take it's place. Why not just take it as its own thing and not endlessly compare it to the others? I think that not only is it okay to like this show, but that there's actually something worthwhile to like. Bravo, Rise Team.

I personally see this as the "Looney Tunes Show" or "Batman The Brave and The Bold" of the TMNT franchise. Something that pretty much does its own thing that most people hate and/or is apathetic of but in a few years most people would enjoy it for doing its own thing.

Chris 11-14-2019 04:42 PM

Not a fan of the show (haven’t watched since the early episodes) but credit where credit is due, the ninja outfits and red bandanas look pretty cool.

IndigoErth 11-14-2019 06:04 PM

That (red masks and ninja outfits) is one ep I'm looking forward to.

Now, in the actual context of the episode will it be as cool as the 2 second clip in the ad looks..? Skeptical, but it would be nice to have another one to add to the list of the handful genuinely worth seeing.

matteso586 11-14-2019 06:42 PM

I had a feeling that Lou Jitsu is a stage name.

FredWolfLeonardo 11-14-2019 07:42 PM

I don't think I've seen anything more badass in tmnt history than the Rise turtles wearing the red masks.

D Piddy 1982 11-15-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent (Post 1825568)

Very well said. You've summarised the show brilliantly. Thank you.

PApagreg 11-15-2019 01:54 PM

Its kinda funny comparing Splinter from the early episodes to the finale, dude went from stealing his sons car to making ninja garb for them.

shredder orokusaki 11-16-2019 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1825567)

How dare you post a facebook link here the monster that has destroyed the lives of millions of people and stealing all their personal info?! You must delete that crap and use only twitter and.other similar sites who are not as dangerous as facebook!

shredder orokusaki 11-16-2019 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PApagreg (Post 1825572)
I personally see this as the "Looney Tunes Show" or "Batman The Brave and The Bold" of the TMNT franchise. Something that pretty much does its own thing that most people hate and/or is apathetic of but in a few years most people would enjoy it for doing its own thing.

Batman Brave as the bold was like all Batman shows. It had still Joker as the main villian and the other villains was also very serious and threatening like in previous Batman tv series before that.It wasnt kid friendly and funny like Rise of the teenage mutant ninja turtles is.