The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Basic Plot of Toy Story 4 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53037)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-14-2015 02:39 PM

Basic Plot of Toy Story 4

http://screenrant.com/toy-story-4-plot-woody-bo-peep/

Well, THIS is surprising. I'd love it if it could somehow take place after Toy Story 3 and reunite Woody with his love. Bo Peep's absence was the only negative of TS3 for me.

TurtleTitan97 08-14-2015 02:45 PM

Sweet, I'm in. Just hope the story is as good TS3.

TheSkeletonMan939 08-14-2015 02:48 PM

Man, I was hoping they wouldn't do this.

Doesn't bringing back characters like her totally ruin the whole point of Toy Story 3 that sometimes you have to move on in life?

I watched Toy Story almost every day as a kid, I love the series, but I honestly was hoping they'd have the strength to just stop with Toy Story material after Toy Story 3 so that the audience could similarly move on in life and accept that this was the last new adventure with their cinematic friends. But that obviously didn't happen...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-14-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1494274)
Man, I was hoping they wouldn't do this.

Doesn't bringing back characters like her totally ruin the whole point of Toy Story 3 that sometimes you have to move on in life?

I watched Toy Story almost every day as a kid, I love the series, but I honestly was hoping they'd have the strength to just stop with Toy Story material after Toy Story 3 so that the audience could similarly move on in life and accept that this was the last new adventure with their cinematic friends. But that obviously didn't happen...

I agree that we don't need and didn't want a Toy Story 4, but Pixar wants that sweet sweet sequel $$$$, so we're getting one. I appreciate that they are at least taking the opportunity to address what some people might have perceived as a plot hole or loose thread from Toy Story 3.

BubblyShell22 08-14-2015 03:38 PM

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it would be nice to see the TS characters back again. On the other hand, I feel it's too much since we already have the specials they've made. Only time will tell if this will be a good thing.

NinjaPug 08-14-2015 04:28 PM

This seems like it could've been a TV special like Toy Story of Terror. I'd rather Pixar focus on original films instead of the 4th movie in a series. Especially when the 3rd was so great and provided closure.

CyberCubed 08-14-2015 04:41 PM

As they say, cash-cows never die. They would rather run something into the ground then bow out gracefully when they're on top.

Leofan26 08-14-2015 09:22 PM

Meh, I'd have rathered them ended the series with Andy. Though I have to admit I am happy Woody will have himself a good ending, I was sad he was alone in the end :(

I am curious how the story will be done, they said Bo has changed since the second film I guess. I'll check it out.

The Stryker 08-14-2015 10:04 PM

Toy Story 4: The Quest for More Money.

MsMarvelDuckie 08-14-2015 10:15 PM

No, no, no. That's Spaceballs 2! Even Yogurt said so.

MikeandRaph87 08-14-2015 10:21 PM

Why not have the girl's mom find Bo Peep at a garage sale and give it to her daughter for Christmas and it turn out to be THE Bo Peep? That way no need for a sequel just for this and the loose end will be met with a happily ever after. I know, I know...

Wildcat 08-14-2015 11:19 PM

Hmm, was hoping it'd be a more traditional sequel. What about a prequel with young Andy and how all the toys became friends before Buzz came. That would have been cute.

Yet again a lot of people wanna complain and call it a cash-in. It's not like Disney Pixar isn't making anything else. There's only been 3 Toy Story movies within 2 decades.

Then TMNT is a cash-in too. Multiple incarnations spanning 30 years. Seriously what's allowed to be a long time franchise and what isn't?

Slade 08-14-2015 11:37 PM

I love Toy Story. My 5 year old loves Toy Story.

While I'm not sure about this story, I'm all for more of the gang.

drgon78 08-15-2015 05:04 AM

So what be so wrong for them to be with the little girl instead of Andy. I am not a fan of prequels unless only part of this movie is a flashback.

sdp 08-15-2015 09:04 PM

I didn't like Toy Story 3, it's alright but many of the things people love it for where already done in previous movies like The Brave Little Toaster. Toy Story 2 is also alright. Don't get me wrong they're both fine movies but the only stand out film is the original. I would've preferred the original concept for Toy Story 3 which was about Buzz being recalled:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...PromoImage.jpg

People acted like it would've been terrible because it was a Disney film instead of Pixar but in hindsight nearly ten years later we can now see that Disney can make some great movies on their own and Pixar can make some great stinkers by themselves as well. I mean even when TS3 was announced by Pixar people were whining about how now that Disney owned Pixar they were forcing them to make a third film.

I do think these new movies will have a subtitle and won't be "TS4" etc. They probably want to brand to continue for many years so they'll stop numbering them and people who grew up with the originals will be ok that "their" trilogy is still intact. I'm sure all upcoming TS movies will be fine since they know it's Pixar's most iconic IP. I'd be more concerned with the other sequels like Finding Dori and the Incredibles.

Leofan26 08-16-2015 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat (Post 1494451)
Hmm, was hoping it'd be a more traditional sequel. What about a prequel with young Andy and how all the toys became friends before Buzz came. That would have been cute.

Yet again a lot of people wanna complain and call it a cash-in. It's not like Disney Pixar isn't making anything else. There's only been 3 Toy Story movies within 2 decades.

Then TMNT is a cash-in too. Multiple incarnations spanning 30 years. Seriously what's allowed to be a long time franchise and what isn't?

I was hoping the sequal would have been about Woody's past life with Andy's dad, maybe the next one if we get another :(

This way it wouldn't count as a sequal, it'd be a prequel instead. New characters, no Buzz sadly for Buzz fans :o

New plot, ending would be kind of depressing though since we know Andy's dad leaves for whatever reason and hands him down to his son.

With that, I guess Buzz won't get much to do this film besides being Woody's go to guy, go to him for advice on romance but you'd think Woody would be fine on his own with that :P

It will be weird not seeing the others though. Still, really looking forward to Woody x Bo plot myself.

sdp 08-16-2015 11:16 AM

Toy Story is Woody and Buzz. You aren't going to get a movie with only one of them.

ranger_scout 08-16-2015 12:11 PM

I did not think there needed to be a fourth film since the third one wrapped up everything so perfectly. However, I am actually still going to see this because it is a stand-alone sequel. Also, Bo Peep did not get a proper goodbye in the third film, so I am curious to know what has become of her and I am excited to watch her and Woody revisit their relationship.

ZariusTwo 10-08-2015 10:55 AM

The movie has now been bumped to June 15th 2018, Cars 3 will now take it's slot

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/08/cars...ory-4-release/

ranger_scout 06-18-2016 12:27 PM

Entertainment Weekly says that we are going to learn about Bo Peep's backstory. The relationship between her and Woody in this film is actually inspired by director John Lasseter's marriage.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/18/pixar-films