The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Would the 1990 film work for today's kids? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56071)

Spike Spiegel 07-31-2016 06:36 PM

Would the 1990 film work for today's kids?

What the title says. Give your reasons why/why not. For those of you who have children and have shown them the film, what did they think?

slingtheory 07-31-2016 07:07 PM

I think it would.I consider that film to be an almost perfect distillation of what the tmnt were and still are. I'd even go as far as saying it might even play better to kids today than it should've with us back in the day since the recent material of the last decade and up hasn't been shy about includin the mirage element's we had no exposure to

ProactiveMan 07-31-2016 10:49 PM

I think kids would still like it – they tend to take things at face value. Adult children however… “Their lips don’t synch perfectly to the words they’re saying!? Worst movie since Battlefield Earth!!” #SplinterSoRacist

Andrew NDB 07-31-2016 10:51 PM

Part of me wants to do an edit of the movie, digitally fix a lot of the lip-synchings, color correct it a little different, and play with a couple of other things (a black and white version where the only colors are, #1, their red bandannas, and #2, any blood is one thing I'd consider, or just digitally changing all the bandannas to red).

Maybe when I get my new rig and a bit of spare time.

FredWolfLeonardo 07-31-2016 11:10 PM

Id definetly day yes. And Id also say that it would work better than any othere turtles film, i consider the 1990 version to be the best and most definitive tmnt movie of all.

DarkFell 07-31-2016 11:48 PM

Also stepping in here to say that yes the old TMNT film could still work among the kiddies of today despite its minor puppetry flaws. They might think it would be great to see a movie that isn't CGI generated.

CyberCubed 08-01-2016 12:20 AM

The young kids of today might be confused about Danny's "Sony Walkman" as well as April's 80's/90's hairstyle, but other than that it should be fine.

Longview01 08-01-2016 01:34 AM

My 4 year old loves the first 2 films

She was pretty bored by the 2014 film but she really enjoyed the 2nd one when I took her to the cinema to watch it

Wildcat 08-01-2016 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longview01 (Post 1609364)
My 4 year old loves the first 2 films

She was pretty bored by the 2014 film but she really enjoyed the 2nd one when I took her to the cinema to watch it

Was bored by TMNT 2014 movie...Has nothing to do with be 4 years old. :lol:

I like how its specifically with that movie. Im not defending it and I have not seen Out of the Shadows but that just made me laugh.

How is this even a legitimate gauge on what she thinks of any of these movies? She's 4. A toddler's attention must go through various ups and downs in a day. If she was bored it was probably because she wanted to do something else.

Etsyturtle2 08-01-2016 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1609352)
The young kids of today might be confused about Danny's "Sony Walkman" as well as April's 80's/90's hairstyle, but other than that it should be fine.

No, they wouldn't.

Longview01 08-01-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat (Post 1609380)
Was bored by TMNT 2014 movie...Has nothing to do with be 4 years old. :lol:

I like how its specifically with that movie. Im not defending it and I have not seen Out of the Shadows but that just made me laugh.

How is this even a legitimate gauge on what she thinks of any of these movies? She's 4. A toddler's attention must go through various ups and downs in a day. If she was bored it was probably because she wanted to do something else.

I spend enough time with her and watch enough films with her to get a decent idea of her reaction to films, I think I know my own child

thundermaster612 08-01-2016 12:57 PM

Can 2015 Kopaka's shield make a good Lava Board for Tahu?
NO.
Kids today think that screaming those dumbass things called vines out loud in public like a literal asylum escapee is cool. They would probably get a seizure from seeing the live action turtles because they are so dumb. And I do mean seizure. How the **** am I even in this generation as a kid?

snake 08-01-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundermaster612 (Post 1609478)
NO.
Kids today think that screaming those dumbass things called vines out loud in public like a literal asylum escapee is cool. They would probably get a seizure from seeing the live action turtles because they are so dumb. And I do mean seizure. How the **** am I even in this generation as a kid?

Le wrung generashun amirite?

TheSkeletonMan939 08-01-2016 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundermaster612 (Post 1609478)

I'm probably the only person here who knows what that means.

Mew 08-01-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1609537)
I'm probably the only person here who knows what that means.

It's a Bionicle reference. I used to collect them and followed the new series.

I'm 14 and watched the movie a bunch when I was younger. Loved it a lot after I wasn't scared by the Movie 3 TMNT.

Wildcat 08-01-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longview01 (Post 1609451)
I spend enough time with her and watch enough films with her to get a decent idea of her reaction to films, I think I know my own child

Well I didn't mean anything personal its just I can barely remember anything I was into at 4 or 5 years old that I still like today. I can only think of maybe 3 or 4 things.

Coola Yagami 08-01-2016 11:30 PM

Depends how young they are. The overabundance of dated slang will make some kids roll their eyes and ask you if you really talked like that when you were their age.

Come to think of it... other than maybe 'dude', noone I ever met really talked like they did unless you were purposely imitating the turtles. The only other person at the time to say cowabubga was Bart Simpson.

pferreira 08-04-2016 09:39 AM

If they made this movie today they'd need to show the kids stealing boxes of iphones or something like that. :D

Katie 08-06-2016 06:44 AM

It would fail miserably.

Everyone would spend too much time discussing the Rotten Tomatoes score and would go in expecting a pile of crap movie, fixate on all the weird production flaws like being able to see the guy inside Donatello, and then discuss it at length on the internet.

People would stay away based on the terrible word of mouth.

Its pretty much how every movie like this goes these days.

Technogeek29 08-06-2016 09:31 AM

Watch it with younger cousins not too long ago. Only thing they really commented on was the swearing thinking it was cool. So more or less our reactions at the time.