The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Gary Anthony Williams Mutates Into Bebop (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52128)

neatoman 05-15-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1459196)
I'm just curious who they will get for Rocksteady.

John Witherspoon.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-15-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newhire13 (Post 1459322)
I think he's doing both. They could work his age into the story and have him as an older thug volunteering for mutation in order to gain an upperhand on the streets because he isn't considered a real threat to people.

That's actually not a terrible idea.

"Back in my day, young fools ran when they saw me coming 'cause they knew I'd f*** 'em up and send 'em crying for their mommas..."

beeshaw 05-15-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaranthus (Post 1459324)
Anton Zeck is one of the swaggest characters I've ever seen, so you better shut yo damn mouth.

There's your problem right there. You think that's a good thing.

Quote:

I think he's doing both. They could work his age into the story and have him as an older thug volunteering for mutation in order to gain an upperhand on the streets because he isn't considered a real threat to people.

I like it.

Gunpowder 05-15-2015 01:16 PM

Hm...I used to watch Malcolm in the Middle back in the day, but I oddly don't remember this guy. From the description, it sounds like they plan on making him somewhat incompetent - similar to the OT version; and that's likely what a lot of people want, but I'm hoping that ends up not being the case... I'd like a Bebop & Rocksteady who are actually threats. It'd be kind of a letdown if they got badass designs but weren't challenging to take down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pennydreadful (Post 1459060)
I completely read the thread title as "Gay Anthony Williams Mutates Into Bebop". :lol:

Glad I wasn't the only one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmpressOfShadows (Post 1459204)
Hopefully he is not like Nick Bebop because this incarnation is one of the most annoying characters in this Cartoon. I hope for a close resemblence to his OT character :)

I'm hoping for the exact reverse of this.

Quote:

That sounds pretty practical/reasonable, actually.

Autbot_Benz 05-15-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaranthus (Post 1459324)
Anton Zeck is one of the swaggest characters I've ever seen, so you better shut yo damn mouth.

agreed Nick bebop is fantastic

Amaranthus 05-15-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeshaw (Post 1459339)
There's your problem right there. You think that's a good thing.

How is it not a good thing? In my opinion he's a lot less annoying than Mikey most of the time.
But I'm not going to argue about this in the wrong forum.

CyberCubed 05-15-2015 03:11 PM

They better remember the Purple Mohawk. They got the black part right, now he just needs a purple mohawk and shades.

Gunpowder 05-15-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaranthus (Post 1459400)
How is it not a good thing? In my opinion he's a lot less annoying than Mikey most of the time.

He was referring to the fact that you used "swag" in a positive & unironic context. (I agree that Nick Bebop is less obnoxious than Mikey a lot of the time, though.)

DarkFell 05-15-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1459429)
They better remember the Purple Mohawk. They got the black part right, now he just needs a purple mohawk and shades.

Personally, I don't really care if they even include the purple mohawk, the ponytail, or the shades. Just keep him looking like a human thug / mutated warthog thug without visually over-accessorizing him.

TigerClaw 05-15-2015 03:31 PM

I wonder what sort of voice he will use, As a voice actor, He has a lot of range.

DioLeo451 05-15-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1459451)
I wonder what sort of voice he will use, As a voice actor, He has a lot of range.

Probably his regular voice but with a modulator added in with pig noises :lol:

beeshaw 05-15-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaranthus (Post 1459400)

In small doses I think he's fine. The Jackson-esque stuff grew old on me real quick. The faster that part of him fades the better. I haven't been too annoyed with him as Bebop just yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunpowder (Post 1459432)
He was referring to the fact that you used "swag" in a positive & unironic context. (I agree that Nick Bebop is less obnoxious than Mikey a lot of the time, though.)

This. But only less obnoxious than Mikey because he's not at the forefront of the show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1459429)

I'd love for them to go full tilt. Judging by all the concept art, I think it's a safe bet they will. (well, as safe as a bet can be with this PD in charge)

Powder 05-15-2015 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkFell (Post 1459441)
Personally, I don't really care if they even include the purple mohawk, the ponytail, or the shades. Just keep him looking like a human thug / mutated warthog thug without visually over-accessorizing him.

Bebop without a mohawk would be like a TMNT with no bandana. C'mon man, it's arguably his most defining trait!

TigerClaw 05-15-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1459492)
Bebop without a mohawk would be like a TMNT with no bandana. C'mon man, it's arguably his most defining trait!

and the Glasses too, Also a trait.

Powder 05-15-2015 05:13 PM

Yeah but they don't necessarily have to be a purple bar-styled frame, they just need to be present in some capacity. The Mohawk, however, well, changing his hair style would make a much bigger difference than the style of glasses.

TigerClaw 05-15-2015 05:24 PM

Hopefully Bebop will have a bigger frame, And not like the skinny frame from the Nick series, But more close to the IDW version.

IndigoErth 05-15-2015 05:29 PM

They've got to take on these Turtles, I'm nearly sure he/they will prob be big and even more overdone on the steroids.

TigerClaw 05-15-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1459516)
They've got to take on these Turtles, I'm nearly sure they'll prob be big and even more overdone on the steroids.

They gotta be big enough to cause a lot of destruction, As the Turtles fight them, You can expect a lot of collateral damage in the process.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-15-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1459507)
Yeah but they don't necessarily have to be a purple bar-styled frame, they just need to be present in some capacity. The Mohawk, however, well, changing his hair style would make a much bigger difference than the style of glasses.

I've seen some pretty cool variants on the purple punk hair on DeviantArt... dreadlocks, different styles of mohawks... IDW's purple sideburns.

I agree the mohawk is vital, but the color purple is even more so.

TigerClaw 05-15-2015 08:00 PM

There is also that Concept Art of Bebop from the 1st movie, That they scrap after the movie changed during pre-production.

You think they will go with this design?

http://www.grafikjager.com/wp-conten.../10/TMNT-1.jpg

The only thing that stays purple is the glasses, but he still has the mohawk.