The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FW 87 TMNT complete series dvd in turtle van box. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38904)

Storm Eagle 11-23-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tone-master21 (Post 1024980)
For anyone looking to get the set cheap DVD Empire has it on sale til Monday for $54.99.

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...tem_id=1626795

I stumbled onto that this morning and took advantage of it. It's the best price I've seen so far.

GodzFire 11-24-2012 08:54 AM

That's where I am getting it from then. I sold off all my old sets since I stopped buying around season 6 or 7 due to finally getting too pissed off at Lionsgate for crapping on my childhood with the terrible caliber of releases. The money I made from the auction should help to just about pay for this whole thing.

Storm Eagle 11-24-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodzFire (Post 1025159)
That's where I am getting it from then. I sold off all my old sets since I stopped buying around season 6 or 7 due to finally getting too pissed off at Lionsgate for crapping on my childhood with the terrible caliber of releases. The money I made from the auction should help to just about pay for this whole thing.

I bought all of the individual sets but I decided to sell them on eBay so I could get the complete series set. I know I'm already going to get more than enough money to get it, but I'm surprised that people would be willing to shell out so much money for the individual sets.

CyberCubed 11-24-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1025262)
I bought all of the individual sets but I decided to sell them on eBay so I could get the complete series set. I know I'm already going to get more than enough money to get it, but I'm surprised that people would be willing to shell out so much money for the individual sets.

How much are the individual sets going for? I may sell mine.

cammy85 11-24-2012 08:45 PM

Cool!! :) I just watched Planet of the Turtleoids and it seems to have more scenes than the two part episode encode I've had for years/ Then again, I haven't seen the full version since it aired.

sdp 11-24-2012 08:57 PM

Well this release is the same as the individual releases a half assed cash grab by Lionsgate, they don't care enough to include stuff for the hardcore fan but because it's a boxset they'll get enough hardcore fans and get plenty of fans who didn't get the individual releases. The same way the individual releases were cheap releases for little kids that also appealed to enough hardcore fans to get them. Comparing them to other shows is irrelevant since other shows were indeed aimed at other people.

Maybe one day Lionsgate will have a better release for the show, if a new movie happens and the Nick show continues it very well may happen sooner rather than later. I do think another physical release will definitely be aimed and targeted with more collectors in mind.

Storm Eagle 11-25-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1025284)
How much are the individual sets going for? I may sell mine.

I'm selling my individual sets together, and not separately. I won't say what my highest bid currently is though, but you should be able to get a decent amount of money selling them.

Chuquison 11-26-2012 08:58 AM

I just got my set and noticed that on disc one its in order for the first maybe 4 episodes then its starts showing some epidsodes from a series I didnt watch, it was a mutation series I guess. I bought this because I wanted to show my newphews what cartoons I watched growing up

Storm Eagle 11-26-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuquison (Post 1025921)
I just got my set and noticed that on disc one its in order for the first maybe 4 episodes then its starts showing some episodes from a series I didn't watch. It was a mutation series I guess. I bought this because I wanted to show my nephews what cartoons I watched growing up.

Are you sure that they weren't the four episodes from season 10 that would be bonus features on that disc?

zodiac brave 11-26-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1026098)
Are you sure that they weren't the four episodes from season 10 that would be bonus features on that disc?

prolly that. on my version (which is the individual set) they play automatically when i select play all episodes.

cammy85 11-26-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodiac brave (Post 1026100)
prolly that. on my version (which is the individual set) they play automatically when i select play all episodes.

LOL, that was the first thing I checked after opening the box. :) My only pet peeve is that all nine episodes play as one chapter, so I have to fast forward or scroll past the opening credits. Not fun for a DVD-ROM drive. :(

Storm Eagle 11-27-2012 05:12 PM

Now that I've got my set, you can see a little review I did on it in the Latest DVD and Blu-ray Purchases thread.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...postcount=2646

CyberCubed 11-27-2012 06:08 PM

Its a decent release but the fact that they didn't even bother to reformat the DVDs to put the two skipped eps back where they belong rather than leaving them on the Season 10 disc reeks of laziness.

Also too bad we wouldn't get the Turtle Tip shorts on this release, I would have rebought it just for that.

Stingray69 12-01-2012 01:11 PM

I all ready have all the DVDs but I don't care after Christmas I'm buying this its to cool.

Hardshell 12-11-2012 01:28 PM

I thought this was totally worth it. I sold off my DVDs for $60 and managed to pick up the set for $79.99 retail and ended up paying just over $20 in total. A total steal! A great purchase and I'm so glad to have this set now. I never liked all the different packaging for the different volumes and how cumbersome it looked on the shelf. Problem solved here.

NinjaMan 12-11-2012 01:48 PM

My wife got this for me for Christmas. Can't wait to watch it then with my little one!

Cipher 12-27-2012 09:16 PM

So, my fiancee was nice enough to get me this for Christmas. Finally hauled it out to watch a couple episodes tonight.

Is anyone else not a fan of the packaging? It looks slick, but I'm worried as hell every time I take the discs out. I feel like the readable side of disc 23 is going to get nicked every time I take the lid on and off, and it's way too easy to scratch the back of the disc in front of whichever one you're taking out. I have most, but not all, of the volume/season releases as back-ups, but yikes. The fact that there's nowhere to put the booklet in the actual case kind of bothers me as well.

Am I just being overly cautious? On a related note, what's my easiest option if I want to get 23 discs into one or several conventional DVD cases/fat packs? Any purchase suggestions?

CyberCubed 12-27-2012 09:23 PM

The packaging is one of the main reasons I decided not to get the Turtle Van boxset. I already have all 10 seasons in the individual releases, and since they didn't even bother to put the skipped episodes on the Season 5 disc, (you have to take out the Season 10 DVD to watch "Planet of the Turtleoids" and "Once upon a time machine" for example), I decided not to bother.

From what I've heard others with the Turtle Van boxset don't seem to have any problems so far though, so maybe its just all in our heads.

I've been rewatching the OT in its proper order and am up to the tail-end of Season 4 now, it amazes me that Season 4 is a lot better than I remembered it being. Even if it was the start of all those crazy mad scientist episodes.

zodiac brave 12-28-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cipher (Post 1035925)
So, my fiancee was nice enough to get me this for Christmas. Finally hauled it out to watch a couple episodes tonight.

Is anyone else not a fan of the packaging? It looks slick, but I'm worried as hell every time I take the discs out. I feel like the readable side of disc 23 is going to get nicked every time I take the lid on and off, and it's way too easy to scratch the back of the disc in front of whichever one you're taking out. I have most, but not all, of the volume/season releases as back-ups, but yikes. The fact that there's nowhere to put the booklet in the actual case kind of bothers me as well.

Am I just being overly cautious? On a related note, what's my easiest option if I want to get 23 discs into one or several conventional DVD cases/fat packs? Any purchase suggestions?

why not try a cd wallet? super cheap and easy to store. depending on the style/size, you can prolly even keep the booklet in it.

HotJuicyBurgers 12-28-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishmile (Post 1023778)
I'm new here.... AND an asshole... (dances out of room)
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/ima...xf8vo1_400.gif

I think I will be saving this gif... Lol


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.