The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   CBS/CW's Supergirl Series (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49251)

TigerClaw 09-04-2014 03:08 PM

CBS/CW's Supergirl Series

a Supergirl TV Series is in the works by DC Entertainment
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=122613

Raph's Girl 09-04-2014 04:42 PM

Yep and it won't be on CW Network as they turned it down!

CyberCubed 09-04-2014 04:48 PM

As long as she wears a short skirt and is a 18 year old blonde with at least B cup breasts I'm down.

Cure 09-04-2014 04:49 PM

Well. This got weird reeeeeeeal quick.

TheSkeletonMan939 09-04-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1345211)
As long as she wears a short skirt and is a 18 year old blonde with at least B cup breasts I'm down.

That's... oddly specific.

TurtleTitan97 09-04-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

You are a very strange man, you know that right?

I mean really, who the heck cares about stuff like that.

Davetello 09-04-2014 04:59 PM

I think he's being sarcastic - lamenting the fact that certain characters in fiction are stereotyped in the same way i.e. in this case, a 'super girl' has to be blonde, scantily clad, big-breasted and in her teenage years.

Cure 09-04-2014 05:17 PM

You have not read enough of his posts. He never uses sarcasm and has been perverted before.

chrisdude 09-04-2014 05:21 PM

The key thing to note is that it's just being pitched. Lots if things get pitched.

But no, not interested.

Leo656 09-04-2014 08:49 PM

Could be good. They just need to stay away from the New 52 costume, and basically anything having to do with "Modern" Kara from the last ten years. She's just been portrayed as SO goddamn bitchy and unlikable ever since they brought her back in Superman/Batman. I like the "teen 'outsider' chick trying to find herself on a world she knows nothing about" angle the comics try to play with, but they take it so far all the time that it's like she hates everyone and would be better off as a super-villain. They need to tone that way the hell down. Especially for a TV show, they can't expect it to last if they have a completely unlikable protagonist. A little teenage alienation is one thing, but she can't just be a whiny bitch.

I'unno, we'll see. Supergirl's an even harder sell than Wonder Woman.

BabyTurtles 09-04-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

I want her to have a skirt with leggings...be a 15 year old...with redish blonde hair...with no more than a A cup :D

Slade 09-04-2014 10:41 PM

Not hyped, but I guess I'd check it out

Candy Kappa 09-05-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Yeah, screw character development and motivation. T&A is the way.

ToTheNines 09-05-2014 03:42 AM

Please ban him. Please.

Anyways... I think Kara is a decent character, but why do they keep making these shows that are gonna constantly keep the main hero at arms length?

ZariusTwo 09-05-2014 06:07 AM

I demand Streaky and the horse.

pharaohyami5000 09-05-2014 11:49 AM

Sure. I'm all for it. It's always good to see more female protagonists become more focused.

Hope it won't end up like Birds of Prey, which I have not seen yet, but thought of giving that a try to see how it could be worse like most people say.

chrisdude 09-05-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 (Post 1345485)
Sure. I'm all for it. It's always good to see more female protagonists become more focused.

Hope it won't end up like Birds of Prey, which I have not seen yet, but thought of giving that a try to see how it could be worse like most people say.

I bought the series and only made it three episodes in...

JakeSully 09-05-2014 03:28 PM

I hope she is hot

sdp 09-06-2014 08:36 PM

First I hear of this, I'm all in for a Supergirl show but would it be in continuity with the new movies? Or be in continuity with the other live action DC shows? We live in a post-Avengers world and having a bunch of DC heroes around on TV and movies with references to a larger DC universe but not in continuity with each other is just stupid. And while I liked Smallville, we don't need another smallville, I don't know this doesn't sound like it'll be something that gets off the ground.

chrisdude 09-06-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1346090)
First I hear of this, I'm all in for a Supergirl show but would it be in continuity with the new movies? Or be in continuity with the other live action DC shows? We live in a post-Avengers world and having a bunch of DC heroes around on TV and movies with references to a larger DC universe but not in continuity with each other is just stupid. And while I liked Smallville, we don't need another smallville, I don't know this doesn't sound like it'll be something that gets off the ground.

I agree. While I don't feel like a connected universe is better by default, or that DC necessarily needs to do what Marvel did, it sure is freaking weird that they've got Gotham on a separate network from Arrow and Flash, and that none of these shows seem to connect to the movies. On top of the fact that Batman v Superman looks thrown together, DC/WB just doesn't look like they know what they're doing, right now...

I'm no expert, and I'm sure the people in charge did their homework, but I can't imagine Gotham being successful. I just can't.