The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   So I guess I'm still around (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57765)

Netkeeper 04-13-2017 08:07 PM

So I guess I'm still around

I'm not good at posting new threads any more sorry, I wasn't originally going to post one but I saw that there weren't exactly a lot of things going on in the intro section so it would probably be fine

Not sure how long I've been gone as my departure wasn't exactly planned but once I decided on it I stuck to it for a long while since I was distancing myself from a lot of places in general anyway

What did I miss, what has the Drome drama been like, I want the deets, the Drome Digest. Those can be PMed if necessary haha. Any newbies I should know about? Anybody been banned ooooohh?

As for me, I'm turning 26 in a couple weeks, my dog is turning 12 tomorrow, my family moved [idk if I left before or after the move, wow], the house is amazing but the location is god awful, and I got stung by a scorpion a few weeks ago lmao that sure was a thing that happened

Still the 2k12 hate machine, still prioritising RP over other social interactions, that's me if you didn't know me already.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-13-2017 08:09 PM

C42 was perma-banned and came back briefly under an alter-ego. That was fun.

Glad you're back and in a better frame of mind, amigo. :tsmile:

Netkeeper 04-13-2017 08:12 PM

Oh, I actually heard about that outside of the Drome. It was the biggest plot twist, there were many popcorns.

Glad to be back. :tgrin:

Utrommaniac 04-13-2017 08:18 PM

I'm not sure if you were there or not for Mew being banned...there were some ~fun times~ with bans.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-13-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1676599)
I'm not sure if you were there or not for Mew being banned...there were some ~fun times~ with bans.

Mew and Etsy were canned while Net was still among us.

And Amaranthus.

And about twenty different Goku accounts.

Man, idiots were dropping like flies a year or two ago. Good times, good times...

Netkeeper 04-13-2017 08:29 PM

Yup, I got to see all that. I think I left not too long after, though, so I can see the confusion.

Optimus Primer 04-13-2017 08:56 PM

Hey! I think I popped up after you left, but I remember you from when I lurked over the summer. :D Welcome back!

DestronMirage22 04-13-2017 09:36 PM

Don't know if you were still here when I joined, but I'm relatively new here. Pleased to make your acquaintance. :)

Netkeeper 04-14-2017 12:10 AM

Hey cool, new blood. Nice to meet you both.

DarkFell 04-14-2017 12:20 AM

This place is about the same as you left it Net. Welcome back.

Candy Kappa 04-14-2017 03:42 AM

Hey, welcome back :D

ToTheNines 04-14-2017 04:49 AM

Welcome back Net! Glad to hear things are going ok.

Drome drama? Never!

Let's see. Papenbrook allegedly "reformed" and swore to stop making sociopolitical bait threads. She also accused us for being the reason you left because we were bullying you lol. I flipped out on her.

Leo came back for a day to beat his chest/cry like a baby. That was fun.

The Nickelodeon section got BAD for a while. South Korea aired 4 episodes before America got them, including the 2 part season finale. Of course they leaked online, but there were dubbed in Korean, no subs, so naturally many of us elected to not watch.

A small handful of crap suckers proceeded to just let spoilers fly like there was no tomorrow, even though they had their own thread dedicated to those 4 episodes. Fights were had, mods were notified, the works. The spoil sports' base argument was "the episodes are online, get over it". So a lot of people just quit going to the section all. It was a wasteland for like 2 months.

I think TMNTInighter was the only one to get banned from that. He attacked Jester for editing one of his threads thar purposefully had a spoiler in the title :lol: When he got back from his two weeker, he pretty much immediately doubled down on his Jester hate and got a life sentence.

That's about it though.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-14-2017 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1676673)

Drome drama? Never!

Let's see. Papenbrook allegedly "reformed" and swore to stop making sociopolitical bait threads. She also accused us for being the reason you left because we were bullying you lol. I flipped out on her.

The Nickelodeon section got BAD for a while. South Korea aired 4 episodes before America got them, including the 2 part season finale. Of course they leaked online, but there were dubbed in Korean, no subs, so naturally many of us elected to not watch.

A small handful of crap suckers proceeded to just let spoilers fly like there was no tomorrow, even though they had their own thread dedicated to those 4 episodes. Fights were had, mods were notified, the works. The spoil sports' base argument was "the episodes are online, get over it". So a lot of people just quit going to the section all. It was a wasteland for like 2 months.

I think TMNTInighter was the only one to get banned from that. He attacked Jester for editing one of his threads thar purposefully had a spoiler in the title :lol: When he got back from his two weeker, he pretty much immediately doubled down on his Jester hate and got a life sentence.

That's about it though.

Man, I'd forgotten about ALL of that. And all of it was top-shelf Grade-A choice material. :tlol:

Wesley 04-14-2017 08:40 AM

I'm not sure if I remember you when I first registered, but welcome back.

ZariusTwo 04-14-2017 09:07 AM

Welcome back, hope all is well.

Sorry to hear about the scorpion sting.

Netkeeper 04-14-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Drome drama? Never!

Oh, wow. That's not even why I left at all, lmao, if this forum was full of people that actually bullied me I would have left a long time ago without announcement.

Has Papen been around lately? I haven't seen any of her posts since I've returned, but that doesn't mean she's not here.

Quote:

I actually heard about this when it happened too. Can't remember for the life of me how I found out about this or the C42 banning. Maybe I was Skyped it.

Quote:

That's about it though.

This was an AMAZING Drome Digest, 10/10, would like to hear what the turtles sound like in the Korean dub sometime. Hell I'd like to hear any incarnation in any foreign dub, someone make a thread for that if we haven't already I'm bad at making threads so I won't do it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley (Post 1676693)
I'm not sure if I remember you when I first registered, but welcome back.

Haha, I actually remember you! It helps that you didn't change your avatar at all. 8D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1676696)
Welcome back, hope all is well.

Sorry to hear about the scorpion sting.

Oh man the scorpion sting. We see scorpions in this new house all the time [part of why the location sucks, but also because we're in a flood zone and the guy that sold us the house literally said the exact opposite "oh no you're SAFE from floods here! at the bottom of this hill! definitely!"] and everyone knew someone would get stung eventually

Of course it had to be the person that LIKES arachnids that got stung but it didn't actually hurt very badly, or for that long. Wasps are worse, I've felt both

Krutch 04-15-2017 06:10 PM

Welcome back, Net!

You're, like... that guy at work you've never actually spoken to and didn't even notice was missing until he comes back, but, hey! Glad to see you back around these parts, homie :D

Netkeeper 04-16-2017 10:14 AM

Hah! Yeah, we never really have spoken to one another that I can really remember, how about that

But aww, does that mean I make a difference when I'm around? :lol:

GoldMutant 04-18-2017 09:26 PM

As said before, it's great to see you back Net. :) Damn though, a scorpion bite? How did that happen? :ohwell:

Nines pretty much covered the basis of what's gone on, nothing too major of note for the most part. Activity really has died a lot here.

Andrew NDB 04-18-2017 09:37 PM

I've owned and handled a lot of scorpions. Never been stung. I'm told it's painful but only about the equivalent of 2 bee stings in 1.