The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Depression (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53802)

Casey 06-12-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1591053)
So a punk in the PD section, neatoman, is going about trying to get everyone to think I'm a weirdo because I made a mention of Turtles Forever possibly having something to do with TMNT: Out of the Shadows being a failure, and targeting me for my age.

Dealing with Aspergers I'm used to being labelled like this, but it really does sting when they try to use your odd ideas to paint you in a negative light and try to use it to dismiss your ideas and opinions. Most of us here should not be made to feel like weirdos, we get enough of that just by remaining fans of this franchise.

I've been feeling pretty down since that Youtube singer's murder yesterday, I already got banned from Comicvine for losing my cool with someone and I don't want to go down the same route here.

You would have to act like a total a*#hat to get banned here. You don't seem like the kind of poster to say mean things on here. I'm all for harsh disagreements on here, but I don't get making it personal as to quote someone in another thread just to make fun of them. That's something that a hurt and sad person would do to another just to make themself feel better.

Powder 06-12-2016 02:43 PM

This thread is not for choosing sides or questioning someone's character. If you have an issue with a user, ignore and/or report them.

snake 06-12-2016 02:47 PM

Zarius, if I'm not banned yet I don't see how you will.

Bry 06-12-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1591079)
He is, but I occasionally catch his quotes from other people here and there.

I mean, not to try to start something, but I've seen you actively seek out and reply to his posts a few times, and recently.

IMO, we've all got enough big, "real life" struggles to deal with that we shouldn't compound the stress in our lives with arguing over movies or TV shows. By all means, debate and defend, that can be a necessary release... but if it's negatively affecting your mood or your life, it's become a hindrance instead. And I've been there more times than I want to admit. I mean, we all probably have.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-12-2016 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1591228)
This thread is not for choosing sides or questioning someone's character. If you have an issue with a user, ignore and/or report them.

Word. This isn't a game of dodgeball or a political rally.

Krutch 08-06-2016 01:30 PM

Todays my birthday. I have a ton of people calling and texting me. I just can't bring myself to answer it and I know I'll give them some bs "oh i was having such a crazy time yesterday I didn't have time" tomorrow but in reality i'm just home alone drinking. Bad day I guess. I hate birthdays.

thundermaster612 08-06-2016 01:33 PM

Buy some turtle **** for yourself. Its your birthday so treat yourself.

CyberCubed 08-06-2016 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krutch (Post 1611012)
Todays my birthday. I have a ton of people calling and texting me. I just can't bring myself to answer it and I know I'll give them some bs "oh i was having such a crazy time yesterday I didn't have time" tomorrow but in reality i'm just home alone drinking. Bad day I guess. I hate birthdays.

I'd actually prefer to be alone than with "fake friends." Just sayin.

Netkeeper 08-06-2016 02:29 PM

I almost never answer birthday messages. Nobody's ever confronted me about it or anything, I just hate answering them all because it's tedious.

ZariusTwo 08-06-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krutch (Post 1611012)

I'll drink to that8)

Krutch 08-06-2016 05:35 PM

Still home alone; much more drunk. Got a call from my ex(who I was with for 11 years) and I actually answered. Great idea for my birthday, huh? Looks like I'm digging into the Johnnie Walker Black tonight.

Krutch 11-27-2017 04:31 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J9RX...O2Gs/giphy.gif

Sumac 11-27-2017 07:10 PM

What I do about my depression?
Not much really. Trying to distract myself with sweets, video games and music.
Sometimes work, sometimes not.

Prowler 11-27-2017 07:10 PM

Sometimes I wonder if I have it... perhaps it's best to check in with a therapist before it's too late or something.

DestronMirage22 11-27-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krutch (Post 1731408)

It was never meant to be.
Once you accept that, it makes things easier. It never really gets better, but it at least gets a bit easier.

Prowler 11-27-2017 10:56 PM

Who is the most recommended type of therapist for someone who is not sure what if it's wrong with them to see first? A psychologist or a psychiatrist?

plastroncafe 11-27-2017 11:01 PM

I don't know that it matters, or at least it hasn't in my experience. Some of the best work I've ever done has come with the aid of a counselor.

It's all about finding the right fit.
The trick is to not get discouraged about the process because you may have found yourself in a session with someone who isn't the right fit.

Prowler 11-27-2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1731467)
I don't know that it matters, or at least it hasn't in my experience. Some of the best work I've ever done has come with the aid of a counselor.

It's all about finding the right fit.
The trick is to not get discouraged about the process because you may have found yourself in a session with someone who isn't the right fit.

I think if I were to get a therapist or someone to talk to I'd rather have a male one, just in case i end up talking about my sexuality. I figure if my therapist was a heterosexual male he'd find it easier to understand me in that respect.

plastroncafe 11-27-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1731468)
I think if I were to get a therapist or someone to talk to I'd rather have a male one, just in case i end up talking about my sexuality. I figure if my therapist was a heterosexual male he'd find it easier to understand me in that respect.

That's certainly something to take into consideration, though I don't know how readily available the sexual orientation of practitioners is where you are.

It's important to make the space as safe for you as possible. The hardest work to be done requires a deep level of honesty and you're just not going to get that and if scenario where you feel you have to be guarded at all times.

Prowler 11-27-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1731470)
That's certainly something to take into consideration, though I don't know how readily available the sexual orientation of practitioners is where you are.

It's important to make the space as safe for you as possible. The hardest work to be done requires a deep level of honesty and you're just not going to get that and if scenario where you feel you have to be guarded at all times.

Yeah that is a good point. I'ts not like I can go to a therapist office and ask his assistant "btw, is the doctor straight by any chance?" before booking my first appointment with him :lol:

But, on the other hand, I think I'd have it an easier time venting to a woman. Dunno if it's some stupid macho pride about "men not talking about their issues with each other or something", but I find it easier to talk about emotional issues and such with a woman.