The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hurricane Harvey (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58624)

eskater 08-26-2017 10:38 PM

Hurricane Harvey

To anyone here in the Gulf Coast Texas region.....stay safe, have a plan. To anyone here who has family and friends in this mess, stay strong and trust in them. It's getting real out here folks and it's supposed to be like this for a couple of days.

BubblyShell22 08-27-2017 07:49 AM

My thoughts go out to all of those affected by Harvey. Stay safe.

TurtleWA 08-29-2017 05:57 PM

Nature really sucks sometimes. This is so sad. All those photos of animals:cry:. I hope all the Texas dromers are staying as positive as possible and getting help they need.

eskater 08-30-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleWA (Post 1710439)
Nature really sucks sometimes. This is so sad. All those photos of animals:cry:. I hope all the Texas dromers are staying as positive as possible and getting help they need.

We are, I know here in Houston even with the deaths and the loss we mostly only think of each other. Almost if not all my friends here are trying whatever they can to help out. Brother took in a man with his two dogs, complete stranger because he got stranded.

BubblyShell22 08-30-2017 05:48 PM

That's good. Stay strong and safe.

The Deadman 08-31-2017 11:46 AM

JJ Watt's Harvey relief effort passes $10M mark

BubblyShell22 08-31-2017 02:44 PM

That's awesome to know that he's doing something for the victims.

GoldMutant 08-31-2017 09:09 PM

I'm trying to convince my school principal on several things. Outside a major personal issue, I'm trying to see if we can raise money to help the victims.

Some of you may be aware of the organization Hoops for Hearts. Assuming I don't get my ass sued possibly, (:lol:) I'm trying to do something similar to it. We had a student in my grade who passed away five years ago from heart conditions; money made for the event dedicated to him went to the family and other victims. Due to this, I want to see if we can do something akin to it once more.

Regardless, I give my condolences for all those impacted right now by the hurricane itself.

newfan 09-01-2017 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eskater (Post 1710546)
We are, I know here in Houston even with the deaths and the loss we mostly only think of each other. Almost if not all my friends here are trying whatever they can to help out. Brother took in a man with his two dogs, complete stranger because he got stranded.

So sorry about what is happening in your home, I can only imagine what it must be like for everyone.

eskater 09-01-2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldMutant (Post 1710943)
I'm trying to convince my school principal on several things. Outside a major personal issue, I'm trying to see if we can raise money to help the victims.

Some of you may be aware of the organization Hoops for Hearts. Assuming I don't get my ass sued possibly, (:lol:) I'm trying to do something similar to it. We had a student in my grade who passed away five years ago from heart conditions; money made for the event dedicated to him went to the family and other victims. Due to this, I want to see if we can do something akin to it once more.

Regardless, I give my condolences for all those impacted right now by the hurricane itself.

My cousin up in Austin is actually coming down to help as a counselor, schools are gonna need a lot of help around here. I heard a bunch of Texas principals banded up to help out here. All of that aside people forget the trauma and stress people are going to have afterwards as a result of this, I know at the Psychiatric hospital I work out we're bracing for the massive influx we'll have here due to all of this.

BubblyShell22 09-01-2017 02:16 PM

Yeah, I think a lot of people are going to need mental help after all of this. It's good to see people helping out though.

IndigoErth 09-01-2017 02:35 PM

All the eastern-ish Texans (and other areas impacted) here okay, I hope?

Hoping Irma doesn't take off in that direction. (Not that I want my coast over here to get it either. :teek:)

eskater 09-01-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1711094)
All the eastern-ish Texans (and other areas impacted) here okay, I hope?

Hoping Irma doesn't take off in that direction. (Not that I want my coast over here to get it either. :teek:)

Someone needs to take Irma and shoot her in the back, no one needs that ex-jealous GF right now. :trolleye:

IndigoErth 09-01-2017 04:16 PM

lol Personally I keep wanting to somehow reference TMNT's Irma in relation to it. :trazz: At best, it's untrustworthy like Nick's version.

BubblyShell22 09-02-2017 06:17 AM

Yeah, I made a TMNT reference to my mom the other day. I said, "Well, looks like April ticked her off and now she's gone full hurricane."

eskater 09-02-2017 06:23 AM

LMAO....well what reference could we make for Tropical Storm Lidia? :tlol:

IndigoErth 09-02-2017 03:08 PM

FW Irma hurricane: "Now where did that big hunk of storm, Harvey, get to?"

BubblyShell22 09-02-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eskater (Post 1711213)
LMAO....well what reference could we make for Tropical Storm Lidia? :tlol:

Beetlejuice reference would be cool though I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

eskater 09-03-2017 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 (Post 1711290)
Beetlejuice reference would be cool though I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Could go out there and make a Michael Keaton reference.....

Klunk1234 09-04-2017 10:22 AM

My heart goes to all victims of Hurricane Harvey. Texas will take years to have full recovery.

I hope Hurricane Irma will not come. She is a small hurricane like that infamous Andrew. People told me horrific stories about him.