The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Justice Force spinoff (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59568)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-11-2018 05:06 AM

Justice Force spinoff
 
Usagi Yojimbo (not originally TMNT) and the Mutanimals. But does anyone think a Justice Force spinoff (comic, miniseries or whatever) could do well for at least a while?

neatoman 02-11-2018 08:03 AM

Fine, whatever. The idea doesn't bother me.

sdp 02-11-2018 09:23 AM

The Justice Force are mostly all parodies of superheroes so it wouldn't work at all.

plastroncafe 02-11-2018 09:37 AM

The Tick is kind of the same thing though.
Then again...Justice Force is reeeeeaaaally obscure.
Perhaps too obscure.

Powder 02-11-2018 09:45 AM

God, no. I don't know anyone who likes them.

dragonside 02-11-2018 09:48 AM

Mikey likes them .. . ahhaha

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-11-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1745716)
The Justice Force are mostly all parodies of superheroes so it wouldn't work at all.

TMNT began as a parody. It worked well.

Candy Kappa 02-11-2018 10:20 AM

No, they're a bunch of uninteresting analogues of existing heroes. Who'd bother with them?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 02-11-2018 05:42 PM

This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Seriously, dude.

FredWolfLeonardo 02-11-2018 06:26 PM

I don't think any tmnt characters should be in their own show or spin off etc. Their world is too turtle centric unlike say Marvel or DC.

Maybe thats why the April O Neil files was cancelled?

PApagreg 02-11-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1745821)
I don't think any tmnt characters should be in their own show or spin off etc. Their world is too turtle centric unlike say Marvel or DC.

Maybe thats why the April O Neil files was cancelled?

Honestly I'm not against a TMNT character having their own spin off I could see Casey, April or heck even the Foot Clan having their own spin-off.

CyberCubed 02-11-2018 07:20 PM

They tried to pitch a Mutanimals cartoon in the 90's and that was shut down too, and they even made character sketches for all the characters and had plans for Krang to be the main villain. If a Mutanimals cartoon couldn't get made in the height of Turtlemania, no other spinoff will.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-12-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1745833)
They tried to pitch a Mutanimals cartoon in the 90's and that was shut down too, and they even made character sketches for all the characters and had plans for Krang to be the main villain. If a Mutanimals cartoon couldn't get made in the height of Turtlemania, no other spinoff will.

But the Mutanimals were popular enough to be a comic.

sdp 02-12-2018 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1745720)
The Tick is kind of the same thing though.
Then again...Justice Force is reeeeeaaaally obscure.
Perhaps too obscure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1745730)
TMNT began as a parody. It worked well.

The TMNT were only a parody in the first issue for the most part and it wasn't a parody like The Tick. The Tick universe works because it's all wacky and crazy, it's not a good comparison to the turtles universe. Not to mention The Tick isn't the a popular franchise so what's the point of doing what others already failed at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1745821)
I don't think any tmnt characters should be in their own show or spin off etc. Their world is too turtle centric unlike say Marvel or DC.

Maybe thats why the April O Neil files was cancelled?

I'd love a spin-off but the Justice Force definitely isn't what we'd need. Mighty Mutanimals might be cool but then again they have the same appeal as the turtles and would basically go on the same adventures. Casey Jones isn't big enough to carry his own show either.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1745861)
But the Mutanimals were popular enough to be a comic.

Which was cancelled quickly. It's easy for comic characters to be popular enough to get a spin-off.

oldmanwinters 02-12-2018 07:51 AM

God bless, Peter Laird, but those are the most generic of Superhero knockoffs.

We'd be better off with a spinoff of Laird's other comic "Stupid Heroes."

CyberCubed 02-12-2018 12:09 PM

The OT also had Bugman and Gadgetman as superhero spoofs.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-12-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1745893)
The OT also had Bugman and Gadgetman as superhero spoofs.

Gadgetman has no powers, so he is a vigilante with a superhero image.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.