The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Official Episode Discussion S5 Ep 03: Heart of Evil (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57665)

victory_angel 04-01-2017 01:34 AM

Official Episode Discussion S5 Ep 03: Heart of Evil

Things are coming to a head as the Foot Clan strives to bring the Shredder back to life. With the Kurokabuto in the Foot Clan's possession, that leaves only Shredder's heart as the final key to Shredder's resurrection.

But who has the heart? And why? What is Kavaxas's ultimate goal in this?

However, it seems our heroes also have problems on their hands when Donnie is deciding to pull a Raph and settle a score with Vizioso? Will this out of character moment for the Turtle teams resident brainiac cost them their last chance with stopping the Shredder's return?

CyberCubed 04-01-2017 01:40 AM

Great episode, hilarious too. Love the mob and the action and development for Donatello.

"We're going to party like it's 1995!"

Vicky82 04-02-2017 07:42 AM

Great episode, loved the fight scenes. Kavaxas killed again this time, The Hammer.

I thought it was strange and gross that Don Vizioso actually got Shredder's heart, did he get someone to go to Shredder's old hide out to look for his body and take his heart out of his dead body, yuck!!!!

It was shocking to see Donnie so angry, he could of killed Don Vizioso in cold blood but it does look like he did kill 2 henchman by breaking there necks. Good thing Donnie snapped out of his anger when Leo shouted out "Don't lose sight of who you are" and then he saw his reflection in the blade.

Mikey was awesome again, he lured Tiger Claw away pretending he had the seal but it turned out to be a pizza. Another amazing thing he did is that Mikey had to choose between getting killed by Tiger Claw or risk getting killed by jumping from train and he ended up jumped from the train and he landed badly, he was alive but injured. He was so brave.

Team Kick butt Babes :lol:

Mikey when he said that Leo going solo is stale :lol:

victory_angel 04-02-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1673282)
Great episode, loved the fight scenes. Kavaxas killed again this time, The Hammer.

I thought it was strange and gross that Don Vizioso actually got Shredder's heart, did he get someone to go to Shredder's old hide out to look for his body and take his heart out of his dead body, yuck!!!!

It was shocking to see Donnie so angry, he could of killed Don Vizioso in cold blood but it does look like he did kill 2 henchman by breaking there necks. Good thing Donnie snapped out of his anger when Leo shouted out "Don't lose sight of who you are" and then he saw his reflection in the blade.

Mikey was awesome again, he lured Tiger Claw away pretending he had the seal but it turned out to be a pizza. Another amazing thing he did is that Mikey had to choose between getting killed by Tiger Claw or risk getting killed by jumping from train and he ended up jumped from the train and he landed badly, he was alive but injured. He was so brave.

Team Kick butt Babes :lol:

Mikey when he said that Leo going solo is stale :lol:

Makes you wonder what would have happened if Donnie had succeeded. I mean there would be a backlash to be sure

ToTheNines 04-02-2017 11:14 AM

I didn't notice when I watched the DVD, but Vizioso let off a certain hand gesture that the censors missed right before firing his gun when Leo and Don busted in...

http://editorial.designtaxi.com/news-italian2403/5.gif

TigerClaw 04-02-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1672975)
Great episode, hilarious too. Love the mob and the action and development for Donatello.

"We're going to party like it's 1995!"

I wonder what the 1995 is a reference too?

neatoman 04-02-2017 11:28 AM

Can't you get cancer from eating a burnt mutant heart?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1673313)

The year Bebop and Rocksteady vanished from the franchise for 20 years?

CyberCubed 04-02-2017 11:31 AM

Maybe it's a reference to some popular gangster/mob movie from 1995 too?

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 04-02-2017 11:35 AM

If you guys liked this, wait until you see he finale to this story arc.

Vicky82 04-02-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1673320)
If you guys liked this, wait until you see he finale to this story arc.

Think most of us have already seen it.

matteso586 04-02-2017 12:39 PM

I find what Kavaxas said to April while she's trying to get that seal to work as nightmare fuel. Makes you wonder which of Mark Hamill's characters did the most chilling speeches.

Would be better if Vizioso and the Italian mob blames the alien attacks on the mutants.

The end scene reminded me of Tengu Shredder's resurrection.

CyberCubed 04-02-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matteso586 (Post 1673332)
The end scene reminded me of Tengu Shredder's resurrection.

The arc is very similar. In the 2k3 version they were also trying to reunite Shredder's helmet, gauntlet and body, and now in the Nick version they do almost the same thing.

Then again the whole reviving Shredder thing after he got his head chopped off is all a loose adaption of his revival in Mirage in the first place.

IndigoErth 04-02-2017 01:01 PM

Ohhhhkay there, vengeful Donnie. o.O

Why do I feel like if Donnie lost his mind he'd gladly experiment on his enemies... lol :teek: Suppressed evil (but only to baddies) mad scientist lurking within that one. :tlol:

Apparently just hurrying up and eating the heart, preventing anyone else from getting it, did not cross Don Vizioso's mind. If that would presumably not lead to anything other than destroying it, heck it would have saved the Turtles some trouble as well... just force him to eat it, making sure he chews well, and be done with it. lol

And exactly how big are Tiger Claw's hand-paws?? The seal fits right in his palm fine, yet in April's hands it's almost the size of a damn pizza tray. Eesh.

ToTheNines 04-02-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1673338)
The arc is very similar. In the 2k3 version they were also trying to reunite Shredder's helmet, gauntlet and body, and now in the Nick version they do almost the same thing.

Then again the whole reviving Shredder thing after he got his head chopped off is all a loose adaption of his revival in Mirage in the first place.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Ninja Tribunal.

CyberCubed 04-02-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1673347)
This has absolutely nothing to do with Ninja Tribunal.

You don't notice any similarities at all with them trying to revive Shredder by reuniting his helmet with his body and all the villains fighting the Turtles over it?

oldmanwinters 04-02-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1673313)

It's a dated joke as people used to say "Party like it's 1999." Rocksteady was too stupid to remember it right.

ToTheNines 04-02-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1673360)
It's a dated joke as people used to say "Party like it's 1999." Rocksteady was too stupid to remember it right.

It's from and old Prince song lol.

TigerClaw 04-02-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1673360)

But 1995 seems very specific, We know that the show tends to throw in references to things, that usually hardcore fans would notice.

oldmanwinters 04-02-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1673397)
But 1995 seems very specific, We know that the show tends to throw in references to things, that usually hardcore fans would notice.

I don't think the reference is TMNT specific. It's pretty much all a botched Prince shoutout.

IndigoErth 04-02-2017 03:19 PM

Agree, I doubt it references anything. Seems more in line with the fact that this Rocksteady just says things a little wrong sometimes. (Imo no so much because this version is dumb, but just that English isn't his first language so stuff gets lost in translation a little.)