The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Ep Discussion: Still Nobody (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=14255)

Anarchistguy 11-26-2005 09:09 AM

New Ep Discussion: Still Nobody

Since nobody bothered to do start this thread, I figured I would (If you mods don't mind)

I thought this episode was pretty damn cool. I pretty much think Hun's lost a bit of respect for the Shredder now.

Nturtle 11-26-2005 09:18 AM

Heh, see, nobody made a new thread! Get it? Get it?

Ah, nevermind. Machi is on a little break, so yeah its cool. *stickies thread*

Anyway, pretty good episode, I thought it could have used at least a little more focus on the turtles, they were almost superfluous. Jeinco made for a hillarious villain, a parody of gang villains everywhere... I half expected him to break into song "West Side Story" style.

creativerealms82 11-26-2005 09:19 AM

This was an average episode with a great ending.

userpjx 11-26-2005 09:20 AM

The episode was strictly OK. I love Nobody but the episode seemed too generic. By far the most interesting part was at the end with Hun and Karai. We finally see Hun's reaction to the fact that Shredder was an Utrom. Well Karai seems more intent to kick turtle butt then before. This is definitely building into some sort of climax. I just hope it comes soon. I'm starting to get impatient. We haven't had any two parters this season so far, what's going on?

Oh yes! The preview for next week looks fun. I heard they were going to do something like this on the usagiyojimbo.com message boards. But didn't Usagi come to New York during the Christmas special? Oh well, this should be a more in depth visit. Hopefully it won't turn out like the old cartoon :D .

Katie 11-26-2005 09:27 AM

I liked this episode.

Someone needs to make a poll and one of the quotes should be "No one man handles my husband!"

The reason I liked this episode was the last five minutes. Hun and Karai finally come together and we get the feelings from hun that we have been waiting for.

God I love it when a season comes together.....

rayfillet101 11-26-2005 09:35 AM

I hate the leader of the jerks, i mean turks. they seem familiar are they in the dreamwave comic or something? but he reminded me of a latin nelly. when he said "say hello to my little friend" it bothered me. nobody seemed too scruff mcgruff for me. i liked the ending.

Turtle Dove 11-26-2005 09:35 AM

This was a pretty cool episide- the gag of "nobody" made me laugh a bit, and what's with the dark costume? Does everyone wantto be "Batman" all of a sudden?
This episode kinda makes you think- when you join a gang you are at risk to get beaten by heartless jerks like that one guy. It teachs a good message. The fact that Mikey kept calling Donnie his husband just made me laugh and say,"You truely are open-minded" and a true "Dork' I wish Mikey called me his husband....no wait I called Donnie my husband....:o whatever..:evilgrin:

Well Leo was calmer! I bet he got time to relax and not be such a "hard shell". Seeing Karai was cool-but it looks like she's gonna plot something but hopefully she snaps out of it before killing our heros. Hun lost respect for Shredder -that's a fact. But I wonder what Hun has planned for our heros. Will Hun be destoryed someday?--we'll have to wait & see.....

Next weeks episode, I nearly busted a gut. I think in the Xmas special, all they saw was the sewers. Having them see New York is gonna be a blast. And yeah Raph was funny to say what the hotdog was made of. That's a question never to answer just make it up.

Raph rocks sometimes...that's the turtle I'd marry:P

ZariusTwo 11-26-2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey's Girl
hopefully she snaps out of it before killing our heros

Yeah, because evolving a character no matter what road he/she takes really is a bad concept is'nt it?

Sakirules 11-26-2005 09:41 AM

I'm surprised Hun and Karai are in the same room getting along without the shredder. Most interesting part was hun's reaction of shredder being an utrom. Everyone swore that Hun knew when i knew all along that he didn't know about Saki being an Utrom. I been telling yall for the longest that if Hun did know he'd betray shredder

Katie 11-26-2005 09:43 AM

He was just so creeped out by the knowledge the shredder was a "slug" Too bad we couldn't see his face when Karai was explaining that she cared for him as her father

Turtle Dove 11-26-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie
He was just so creeped out by the knowledge the shredder was a "slug" Too bad we couldn't see his face when Karai was explaining that she cared for him as her father

I wanna know how-was she an oprhan and he adopted her? Or was she like a "Tube baby" I'd love to know how that became to be her dad

Katie 11-26-2005 10:06 AM

She's adopted.....see the City at War episodes

Turtle Dove 11-26-2005 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie
She's adopted.....see the City at War episodes

THanks!I knew I missed something

Ryona 11-26-2005 10:32 AM

*creeps in*

For some reason, I feel more comfortable to post in today's episode thread.

So, what did I think of today's episode? I think it was great. Lots of good stuff. I like that it was down to earth and realistic. Street gangs is a real problem, and I'm glad that it wasn't the typical Purple Dragons.

I actually thought it was funny when Donnie slapped Mikey and Raph says "Donnie, don't slap Mikey... That's my job!". And I was thrilled that for once Mikey actually spoke up against the slapping.

Nobody was awesome. He's just like he is in the comics. I was very happy with the way he was portraid. :)

The Donnie and Mikey scene in the apartment was too good. And Mikey still wanting to wear the dress... Gold. :lol:

I was glad that Leo wasn't so abrasive in this episode for two reasons...
One, it was nice to see him mellowed out. And two, hopefuly people in the Technodrome forums won't feel the need to be asses and bash him. :sweatdro:

Quote:

Yeah, because evolving a character no matter what road he/she takes really is a bad concept is'nt it?
My thoughts exactly.
Too many people are too close-minded to allow character developement for some reason. A shame really.

Oh! And I'd like to add that I think it was cool to see Dane in a TMNT episode! ...even though he was the bad guy...

j/k! :lol: :tanime:

Aska_Badoura 11-26-2005 11:36 AM

I am SO going bananas...
...I'm still really uncomfortable with these drastic mood swings for both Leo and Karai. Yes, Saki was her father, but she knew he was evil, and what's done is done. I thought for sure she would feel free to be her own person after he was gone... but I guess in losing him, she feels like she owes it to him to genuflect to his shadow even now. If he'd gone peacefully as was originally planned, her attitude would be much different. She's still too selfish to see the bigger picture, and how the galaxies are much safer with Saki gone. I think she knows it deep down, but she's still fastened on the unfairness of his demise, to heck with the rest of the universe.

I guess it all boils down to: is family more important, or is honor? Leo and Karai have both chosen family over honor, and it's not like them. Of course, neither had ever been so close to losing their families, and it badly frightened them. And I suppose Karai has the extra incentive in that she actually did lose her family.

But considering how Leo and Karai usually mirror each other like this in the show, I think any change Leo makes will happen to Karai too. And I'm still reasonably sure things will go the way Mirage Vol 4 is, and they'll end up as allies of some sort. It's just that getting there is a rough road.

Quote:

Oh, thhhppptpt, Zarius. :goof: It's just sad to see it turn out this way, is all.

Quote:

I was glad that Leo wasn't so abrasive in this episode for two reasons...
One, it was nice to see him mellowed out.
*noddles* Yes, it definitely was. Other than the "pull-ups marathon" and commenting that Nobody was slipping. But *shrug* he's been very performance-oriented lately. That I can deal with. It's the anger that kind of scares me, since he usually has such a handle on it.

Tinuvielsdreams 11-26-2005 11:53 AM

I didn't love this episode but I thought it had some great funny points. I do like nobody and the episode preview was really clever.
I knew Mikey would be the one in drag, and it was hilarious when Donny said he was glad he wasn't refferring to him as his husband anymore. What were they doing that whole time Raph and Leo were fighting. Still protecting the man and his wife?
The end is the only part that really glued me to the television. Karai is going to make a comeback soon I think. Her and Hun are getting along without the Shredder but that is gonna suck when/ if they team up and go after the guys. It's gonna make a great episode though. There is the two parter.
I can't wait for next weeks ep. I really love Usagi. I wonder if he will notice Leo's new attitude?

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael 11-26-2005 12:09 PM

Kick ass episode, I love how they toned down the sci-fi, and started using more urban and violent stories. And I just love Nobody.

9 out of 10.

Doppleganger 11-26-2005 12:15 PM

This was an okay episode. It was nice to see the turtles battling more regular problems like street gangs. It seems that they will be fighting more crimes this season. That they are focusing on that. At the end when Jeinco mentioned someone had sold him those weapons I knew it had to have been Hun. I mean he has become a major player in this dance. Still it was disturbing the ending... Hun and Karai in the same room conversing almost civilly. Man if those two pool their resources together...

And of course it was chilling to see them pan up from the library and slowly showing you the Foot Tower. Uh-oh. :o

I can't wait to see what happens when Usagi and Gen come to New York. I get the feeling the reason they are going to do that is so Usagi can try and help Leonardo. Not that I'd think it's help. :( This is something Leo has to work out on his own.

Raph's Girl 11-26-2005 12:15 PM

I loved this ep!!

Interesting points:
We saw Nobody's face!
Nelly?
Karai!

Michelangelo calling Don his husband was just too hilarious! *rotflmao* They made a cute couple. :P

Hey Karai. Uh do you have any other dresses you can wear??? I mean yea that outfit looks good on you but it's soo last season. And I mean that litterally since you wore it last season!!! Seriously girl...go shopping like yesterday. :roll:

Was the name of the gang Turks short for Turkeys???

When I saw the name of the building as Oroku Saki Memorial Library I was like WTF?! Too bad it didn't show the turtles watching this on the news cuz then they'd know that Karai is back.

Wes 11-26-2005 12:24 PM

I'm with the strictly average votes -- I could've done without this episode. Then again, I could've done without almost every episode this season, as almost all of them have felt more or less like rehashes of previous eps to me. And while it sounds like this aspect of the new show is fairly true to the comics, I've never been keen on the presence of superheroes in the TMNT universe. Aliens, fine, and I kinda miss the mutants, but Batman's understudy and bootleg Alpha Flight could've stayed home as far as I'm concerned. Maybe that's just me, though. :P

I did like the end of the episode, though, mostly because the very notion of a Shredder library put me in stitches. :lol: And I think a more interesting episode than anything we've seen recently would be a clip show with Karai and Hun discussing their former master over tea and commenting on their various memories of him. I agree with Aska about Karai's apparent change of heart, though. While some may think it constitutes character development, I actually think it's very much out of character for her, given her struggles with honor and, on several occasions, her willingness to work against the Shredder. Moreover, her last words before being imprisoned (how did she get out?) were, "This is not what I wanted." So why would she commit herself to evil as soon as she got loose? Granted, I'm not saying there aren't answers to these questions -- namely, that Shredder was her "father" and that losing him really brassed her off -- but I don't think they fully explain her actions, seeing as how towards the end she seemed to realize just what a dishonorable and vicious dude he really was. But admittedly I've had a ton of respect for Karai ever since she leapt into the air and hit my character thirty times in the space of two seconds, so I kinda want to see her do the honorable thing. 8)