The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Classic Episode Discussion: Invasion of the Punk Frogs (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=7518)

Reznorite420 02-07-2004 01:51 AM

Classic Episode Discussion: Invasion of the Punk Frogs

Welp, it's been a week, so I guess it's time to start anutter wun o dese thingies.

Good news: This time there WILL be a clip I will post!
Bad news: I'm stealing it (sorry DK) :(

Without further ado...

Tetsu Deinonychus 02-07-2004 04:33 AM

Napoleon Bona'frog ROCKS!!! :D

Anarky 02-07-2004 07:17 AM

think they kinda overdid the mutant thing in that ep. BUT: i must say i don't remember it very well...

Coola Yagami 02-07-2004 08:57 AM

Leonardo- I'm insulted. How can anyone mistake those... things for turtles!

MW8979 02-07-2004 10:37 AM

Despite the introduction of new characters, a really mediocre episode.

Jephael 02-07-2004 10:50 AM

I thought it was a good ep, but they really shouldn't have had 4 frogs. I think 2 or 3 would've been enough. Heck, we've seen in later episodes how easily one mutant turtle (Slash/Kerma) could be mistake for all 4 of the Ninja Turtle.

Tetsu Deinonychus 02-07-2004 10:55 AM

:nod: Genghis and Napoleon were the only memorable frogs anyway.

Reznorite420 02-07-2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperShredder84

Since when did introducing new characters make the show bad?

Coola Yagami 02-07-2004 03:30 PM

I know it was an older cartoon, but there shoulda been more action between the turtles and the frogs. The thing is, the frogs were way too goody-goody and even when Shredder duped them, they still didn't look like they would actually injure the turtles.

I also wondered why they made 4 frogs. If the ep was the typical 'put in new guys to sell the toys' ep then why put 3 extra frogs if the intended toy was just Genghis Frog? And years later.. why did they make a Napoleon figure that looked nothing like the cartoon and with some made up 'Flyboy' which is probably what Napoleon snacked on anyways.

MW8979 02-07-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reznorite420
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperShredder84

Since when did introducing new characters make the show bad?

Read Coola Yagami's post, that'll explain a part of it. I just think that if you're gonna introduce new characters, make them interesting - like Casey Jones. The frogs were extremely boring, their resemblance to turtles very derivative and the plot of the episode was so predictably stupid, they should just have not bothered with it. It's like it was a lame attempt by Shredder to have his own "turtles". I know in this show lots of things were simple and predictable, but nevertheless, I liked seeing someone like Chrome Dome a lot more then frogs that didn't do anything.

Coola Yagami 02-07-2004 04:27 PM

The only frog that was somewhat cool was the one with the all different kinds of arrows...

BTW what was with their accents? Do people in Florida talk like Gomer Pyle?

Bowser_Koopa 02-07-2004 07:49 PM

i haven't seen this episodes in months, but i know i didn't like the frogs :D

MrPliggins 02-08-2004 01:51 PM

Nyotrinoline....hahah.what a silly made-up chemical...

jeff the cheff 02-08-2004 02:42 PM

This episode was alright, why were they called punk frogs though?

Last year in biology we disected frogs, and we had to give them names. I remember putting the needles in its eyebrow to make it look like a piercing, and I called it punk frog. :lol:

Coola Yagami 02-08-2004 03:28 PM

They needed some kind of prefix, like Ninja Turtles. I guess they used Punk Frogs cause they thought the word punk means 'bad' or is the word kids use nowadays and all that stuff.

Wes 02-09-2004 12:24 AM

You people are mean! I loved those damned frogs. Yes, all four of 'em!

Unfortunately, like TetsuDeinonychus points out, I only remember Genghis and Napoleon -- probably because they were the only two who got figures, both of which I have. And I remember that there was one named Rasputin, but that's about it. Somehow I suspect the fourth was named Attilla, given the theme we've got going here...

Besides, I don't think the whole Leatherhead conflict would have worked as well without the four of them, and I like Leatherhead even more than the frogs. Wonder which one he ate. :cry:

Anyone remember Battletoads? :lol:

Reznorite420 02-09-2004 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes
Somehow I suspect the fourth was named Attilla, given the theme we've got going here...

Bingo.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes
Anyone remember Battletoads? :lol:

Don't remind me...

Tinselcat 02-11-2004 11:02 AM

y'know, i wasn't crazy about that episode. something about those frogs with the cheezy overdone southern accents and loud hawaiian shirts just turned me off... they kind of frightened me. i wouldn't want to meet one of those bastards in a dark alleyway on a rainy night...

Lady Estel 02-16-2004 04:36 PM

I kinda didn't think much of them because I saw only one episode, or at least remember one episode...

But I remember they wore those hawain shirts, like TC said. But where they all named after famous Dictators. (sorry spellings crap.)

Chewie 02-16-2004 05:52 PM

I don`t like the Frogs anyway!

The seem to be a bad imitation of the Turtles themselfs. :x
And in Germany the Frogs sound like Kermit. Not very cool......