The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT #74 preview & discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58797)

AlZarkovski 09-22-2017 03:25 PM

TMNT #74 preview & discussion

Preview here.

ChosenOne 09-22-2017 03:35 PM

Al coming through with the goods, as usual! :D

Just these few pages give off such a tremendously grandiose feel... What an arc! I can't wait to see more of Maligna and her army.

TigerClaw 09-22-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlZarkovski (Post 1716697)
Preview here.

Cool! Ace Duck is in this.

Utrommaniac 09-22-2017 05:40 PM

I just like that Zog is being brought up.

And I still question why they're not dealing with Maligna first before Krang. The priorities are not in order.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-22-2017 07:25 PM

Aw yeah. Triceratons, Maligna's Swarm, Ace Duck, and (it feels so weird to be happy about this) Neutrinos!

IDW has definitely earned its place as "Not Mirage, but Definitely Second Place TMNT" for my money. :tgrin:

Utrommaniac 09-22-2017 07:47 PM

Now that Zog has been brought up, and his condition in the Battle Nexus, I can only wonder if this is when they explore what happened to him.

Zog was the ringleader of the rebellion, who believed Krang could be better than Quanin, dragged down to a speck of what he once was, as nothing more than an non-intellectual brute engaging in violence for violence's sake and not for what he believed to be necessity.

oldmanwinters 09-23-2017 08:51 AM

I was really hoping #74 would have come the week after Dimension X #5 to keep the momentum going. I still haven't read #5 because I wanted to see how it flowed immediately into this issue.

CyberCubed 09-23-2017 06:00 PM

I wonder is Raph afraid of bugs like in Nick/4kids? His expression after hearing about the Malinga swarm has me wondering.

Redeemer 09-23-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1717190)
I wonder is Raph afraid of bugs like in Nick/4kids? His expression after hearing about the Malinga swarm has me wondering.

I hope not in the Nick cartoon he seems like a whiney brat when he sees a bug as for the 4kids he seemed to have more of a hatred for bugs not an actual fear like in the Nick cartoon.

Sabacooza 09-23-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1717190)

Probably not to the extent that he was in the Nick show. I really hope not. He looks more annoyed than anything.

ToTheNines 09-24-2017 04:56 AM

Man, even though we had Dimension X all last month, it feels like FOREVER since we've had a new issue. Hopefully this cheers me up after seeing the Nick show come to an end yesterday.

Sabacooza 09-24-2017 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1717285)
Man, even though we had Dimension X all last month, it feels like FOREVER since we've had a new issue. Hopefully this cheers me up after seeing the Nick show come to an end yesterday.

That is until this series comes to an end and then we'll be upset all over again. Hopefully, this will keep going for many years to come.

ToTheNines 09-24-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabacooza (Post 1717292)
That is until this series comes to an end and then we'll be upset all over again. Hopefully, this will keep going for many years to come.

Ha, too true.

Personally, I hope it ends with #100. I like my stories to have an end. I'd hate to see it get cancelled abruptly, or have the creative team burn out/get removed from the book.

In many ways, it feels like they're just getting started, but by the time #100 sees print there will have been over 200 comics published in this continuity. I'd say that's a very fair run.

Panda_Kahn_fan 09-24-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1717296)
Ha, too true.

Personally, I hope it ends with #100. I like my stories to have an end. I'd hate to see it get cancelled abruptly, or have the creative team burn out/get removed from the book.

In many ways, it feels like they're just getting started, but by the time #100 sees print there will have been over 200 comics published in this continuity. I'd say that's a very fair run.

I doubt it will. This is one of IDW's top selling books, and this continuity will keep going as long as sales remain strong.

Besides, IDW is my favorite version of the TMNT :tgrin:

ToTheNines 09-25-2017 04:21 AM

Hey, I believe you man.

But I'd rather see the swan song be a truly epic #100, rather than see Viacom pull the plug randomly and have the final issue be Mikey taking Pepperoni trick or treating, or some sh*t.

Utrommaniac 09-25-2017 07:15 AM

The guys at IDW seem to know way better than that :P

Weapons@theready 09-25-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1717600)
Hey, I believe you man.

But I'd rather see the swan song be a truly epic #100, rather than see Viacom pull the plug randomly and have the final issue be Mikey taking Pepperoni trick or treating, or some sh*t.

Agreed...but at the same time can we get that issue in the works?:tgrin:

Utrommaniac 09-25-2017 11:03 AM

He could dress as Ian Malcolm an talk about Chaos theory without understanding in the slightest :lol:

Utrommaniac 09-27-2017 01:54 AM

WELL. Now we've got a reason for the Triceratons coming to Earth and a slight bit of a chance to throw a little dirt at the Neutrinos for bad decision making. Nice that Trib has at least a little wariness on them, but still.

And yeah, maybe attempting a trial in the middle of a growing invasion wasn't the best idea.

Leatherhead as a surprise witness was great, but I'm not sure his testimony alone would be enough for a life sentence in prison. Just startling for Krang.

Stump's testimony was funny though, basically just saying that he didn't get paid as much as he personally hoped.

Some part of me still thinks Krang might die. Maybe not by execution, but in the fight against the Malignoid swarm. Or by a Triceraton. It's just slightly more likely than escaping to Burnow in the midst of the fighting, believing that there would be no way for Neutrino to survive and gets out while he has a chance.

ChosenOne 09-27-2017 07:51 AM

Anyone else disappointed that Stump didn't get any Trumpisms in during his testimony? :D