The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TMNT for MUGEN, what's all available? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=26702)

Dejablue 12-28-2009 11:52 PM

Oooh an Air Attack....well thats easy. Have the Turtle Blimp AIR LIFT the Turtle Van and it DROPS on the opponent!

*slaps self* Ok maybe that's a bit much.

But yeah as a possible Intro the Turtle Van would speed by and the Turtle just jumps out. Or maybe the turtle is sitting on top of the van. I dunno.

Daniel Orduna 12-30-2009 04:39 AM

where can I get the mugen full version¿

dcat 12-30-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Orduna (Post 743496)
where can I get the mugen full version¿

I'm assuming by full version you mean one that's already packed with characters and stages? I don't recommend getting that at all. Usually scrubs'll fill em with a bunch of characters that have tons of glitches or are incomplete/outdated versions of the characters that are available elsewhere on the internet. Case in point, someone decided to warehouse my turtle characters, scale them up to hideous looking proportions and offer them up in a full version game.
Download the winmugen engine then get your characters, stages (lifebars, screenpack, music) separately, and personalize it from there. It's just world's better seeing as the whole idea is for it to be your own customized game its really antithetical to just download a pre-made pack from some n00b.

this tutorial should get you started: http://forum.mugen-infantry.net/index.php?topic=61482.0

dcat 01-30-2010 11:51 PM

TMNT Hyperstone Heist Donatello by Dcat released

Finally finished with Donatello.

-4 Specials
-2 Ground Supers, 1 Air Super
-3 Super cancels should be possible
-the Body Slam throw now has a small mash feature, press punch buttons rapidly and he'll deliver the 2 successive blows more quickly and they'll deal more damage than not mashing. (I'm just testing this out in Donatello, if you guys prefer it I'll add it in the other turtles as well)

Spoiler:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...a/DONPROMO.png
DOWNLOAD DONATELLO

Raphael -- Update 1/30/2010
-multiple intros with Donatello
-added more sounds to attacks
-added EX divekick special
-fixed collision issues with helper characters

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r.../RAPHPROMO.png
DOWNLOAD RAPHAEL

Michelangelo -- Update 1/30/2010
-added Super BG and Super Cancel BG graphics
-intro with Donatello

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r.../MIKEPROMO.png
DOWNLOAD MICHELANGELO

Please test & let me know what needs fixing, thanks!

Layzie Bone 01-31-2010 01:14 AM

wow i love the turtles

oldmanwinters 01-31-2010 12:25 PM

Great job, dcat! I've been looking forward to your Donatello for a while! Also, any word on when will Sketch Turner be available? His download link doesn't seem to be up.

Ninja Tiptup 01-31-2010 12:49 PM

Ooooooooooooh man Donatello is out! :tgrin: 3 turtles down, 1 to go. You're customs are fantastic dcat!

dcat 02-06-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 749437)
Great job, dcat! I've been looking forward to your Donatello for a while! Also, any word on when will Sketch Turner be available? His download link doesn't seem to be up.

I'm still updating Sketch Turner. But you can get the older version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?bjgjyjmmjcb
added the mediafire link to my webpage as well, thanks for pointing it out.

Here's a few match vids for Donatello & Raphael

oldmanwinters 02-06-2010 08:37 PM

Thanks, for fixing that, dcat. I've been enjoying your turtles and can't wait for Leo! Your work has gotten me back into Mugen. I've even been able to find a couple of awesome TMNT stages, the Giant Mouser Boss from the NES game and the hoverboard stage from Turtles in Time! Awesome!

Have you thought about creating a character specific intro and ending for your characters?

dcat 03-20-2010 03:29 AM

Character specific intros sound like a good idea, I'll see if I have any energy left after all the updates

I've gotten some time on the first official day of spring to make some headway with Leonardo, here's a preview video:

He's got a shoulder smash move that's activated by pressing LP or MP while running and a leaping vertical slash that has a QCF + any punch command. As always I'm open to ideas for more moves, supers, attack patterns, intro animations & whatnot. Please post your feedback, thanks!

Powder 03-20-2010 03:59 AM

Freakin awsome dude.

oldmanwinters 03-20-2010 07:36 AM

Ah, dcat, you never cease to amaze me!

And, yes, intros and endings would be awesome!

Ninja Tiptup 03-20-2010 08:07 AM

Impressive work as always. I can't wait to have all 4 turtles. I just bought a gamepad to enhance my Mugen experience. Cause keyboards suck for fighting games.

The Deadman 03-20-2010 05:42 PM

great stuff man

Ninjinister 03-20-2010 09:26 PM

This move seems to be a staple of Leo's. Would be nice to see it in some capacity.

Seurat 03-21-2010 09:16 AM

Impressive work, man. Not sure if you still need suggestions for air-based super-attacks, but I've got a few ideas...

Mikey: As he's done in several games, Mikey could use his nunchucks as propellers to lift him into the air, and then attack the opponent with his feet (Perhaps like he did in the first video game based on the 2K3 series... minus saying "Eat feet!" repeatedly). Why mess with a classic maneuver? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Don: Donatello does machines, but he rarely uses them in fighting games. I could see him using some sort of gizmo to lift him into the air for an attack (A jetpack? A glider? Maybe something like those annoying gun-toting vehicles that foot soldiers always use whenever you're in a surfing/skateboarding/hoverboarding stage in a Turtle game?). In any event, it's about time Don showed his opponents why he's the "Mr. Wizard" of the Turtles.

Leo: Being Mr. Calm-Cool-and-Collected, Leo's always been great at meditation. I could see him calmly rising into the air, eyes closed in a brief trance, before delivering a single, precise, light-speed blow. This could be the stealthy, speedy ninja attack that is imperceptible to the eye; all the gamer sees is Leo's meditative state, a flash, and Leo standing behind his dazed and damaged opponent.

Raph: I could see a souped-up variation of his famed corkscrew headbutt attack dealing some nasty damage. First, he'd have his twin sais together thrust toward the attacker. Combined with his corkscrew, he'd essentially be like a living drill. Perhaps making him glow red or having some other effects would make it clear to the viewer that this attack is nothing to sneeze at.

Ninjinister 03-21-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seurat (Post 761822)
Mikey: As he's done in several games, Mikey could use his nunchucks as propellers to lift him into the air, and then attack the opponent with his feet (Perhaps like he did in the first video game based on the 2K3 series... minus saying "Eat feet!" repeatedly). Why mess with a classic maneuver? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You know whats, funny, is when I suggested this for a move in Smash-Up back on Ubisoft's blog for the game, some guy basically called me a idiot. Then again, this guy seemed to have it out for me; every time I said something he fired back a venom-tipped response.

oldmanwinters 03-21-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninjinister (Post 761849)
You know whats, funny, is when I suggested this for a move in Smash-Up back on Ubisoft's blog for the game, some guy basically called me a idiot. Then again, this guy seemed to have it out for me; every time I said something he fired back a venom-tipped response.

I thought the "Eat Feet" attack was the "jump the shark" point for the first 2k3 Konami game...

Spoiler:
Until I actually started to enjoy it and it became one of my favorite things to do.:lol:

Ninjinister 03-21-2010 12:21 PM

It actually appeared earlier than that, well, sans the kicking, in TMNT 3: Radical Rescue.

Seurat 03-21-2010 03:33 PM

...and would eventually appear again in the TMNT movie game (Once again, minus the kicking).

Is using nunchucks as propellers silly, unrealistic, and a violation of all known laws of physics? Yes, yes it is. But Mikey's done it at least thrice before; if nothing else, allowing him to do so again pays homage to the previous games.