The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NECA Dimension X Figures (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58357)

Lil Karai 07-20-2017 10:11 AM

NECA Dimension X Figures

https://s9.postimg.org/57evw1jrj/IMG_0367.jpg

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 07-20-2017 10:23 AM

Not a fan of the pixelation, but we already know these molds will be used at least twice so it doesn't really matter.

Lil Karai 07-20-2017 10:24 AM

I'm curious to see if these will see a retail release, thus necessitating the VG paintjob. If they are announcing it now for 2018, I would think this would not be a 'con only set as they usually keep the con announcements secret until just before the 'con. HMMMMMM we'll find out soon enough.

Lordmylar06 07-20-2017 10:39 AM

Man... I want that Slash. Here's hoping for a 'toon repaint and a possible Archie colors variant!

oldmanwinters 07-20-2017 10:52 AM

Those Rock Soldiers warrant a lot of plastic! While playing the arcade game recently on an HD monitor, I noticed that Traag has a huge crotch rock that is impossible to miss. I wonder if NECA will preserve that detail?

Dane E5R 07-20-2017 11:00 AM

I'm a bit disappointed, if I'm honest- Both that at it's another arcade set, and also that I would have preferred to see Bebop and Rocksteady.

Though it is cool to finally see a Granitor figure. And it's hard to complain after all the goodies NECA has given us lately.

go_ninja84 07-20-2017 11:04 AM

wow i like that Tragg and Granitor not so much Slash. wonder if they will be in a set

Oculus Orbus 07-20-2017 11:25 AM

I'm surprised with the bold move NECA made here. Those characters will appeal to a pretty small niche compared to better known villains such as Bebop and Rocksteady, and I assume the videogame paint deco won't boost sales. I really appreciate NECA taking the risk and going for the unexpected.

My bet is that we will see these again in the future with toon accurate paint in a boxed set with some extra characters, maybe Krang's android body or some Neutrinos.

One thing is certain: every time NECA shows anything new, I despise Playmates a little bit more.

Lordmylar06 07-20-2017 11:29 AM

Also, between Slash and Traag, is that a Triceraton skull on the ground in the back?

TheMasterTurtle 07-20-2017 11:36 AM

Yup that's the traag sculpt Trevor was working on during the Turtle power interview. Happy about those two but not so much slash. An OT slash would have my attention more and they're going to need to do some sculpting to make him accurate enough for me

TurtleManiac 07-20-2017 11:58 AM

Awesome Traag, and first ever Granitor. These figures look great, however I am surprised they went with more obscure characters before the more well known characters like Bebop, Rocksteady, April, and Splinter. That Slash does look awesome though, it's sculpted directly based off his appearance in SNES Turtles in Time, I actually like that design better than the OT Slash. A repaint would not be enough for this Slash to be toon accurate though, his physical appearance would have to be totally different.

Lil Karai 07-20-2017 12:09 PM

Link to full gallery/additional images:
http://news.toyark.com/2017/07/20/sd...figures-261716

They had commented last year that Bebop and Rocksteady are over-saturated in the market and merchandise. Not surprised they went with characters who don't have a lot of merch associated with them.

EddieNES 07-20-2017 12:14 PM

I don't think B&R are over saturated at all. But oh well. These are still amazing.

Plus they can repaint these and resell again which I think they will 100% do.

Btown 07-20-2017 12:19 PM

that Slash!! that is a must for me.

Powder 07-20-2017 01:19 PM

Holy crap. These are so great. Granitor!!!!!

Not into the pixel paint job, but if this is the only release they're seeing, I'm in.

Candy Kappa 07-20-2017 02:09 PM

I love the Rock Soldiers, the paintjob while VGA pixelated are still fitting enough that these guys could mix with non-VGA figures.

The Purple Dragon 07-20-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Karai (Post 1699790)
I'm curious to see if these will see a retail release, thus necessitating the VG paintjob. If they are announcing it now for 2018, I would think this would not be a 'con only set as they usually keep the con announcements secret until just before the 'con. HMMMMMM we'll find out soon enough.

Thats wath i am thinking.its weird that they have announcing it AS a 2018 relase unless they have got deal to relase them retail.perhaps they have got a deal so they can sell them with Arcade paint as retail??so perhaps we Get this at nycc with toon paint and as Arcade as retail in 2018?

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 07-20-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieNES (Post 1699869)
I don't think B&R are over saturated at all. But oh well. These are still amazing.

Plus they can repaint these and resell again which I think they will 100% do.

We have:

Standard versions
Movie Versions
Tales versions on the way

Half Shell Heroes
Paleo Patrol Half Shell Heroes

tmntfannumerouno 07-20-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 (Post 1699822)
Also, between Slash and Traag, is that a Triceraton skull on the ground in the back?

Looks like it to me

The Purple Dragon 07-20-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 (Post 1699822)

Looks like it is it posseble that we Get some mirage triceraton later?? But look closer on the diorama and you will see a great white above the scull and a beltanimale(sorry cant the english name on it) on the left side that resible a rat hmm is this clues fore later relases or are randy just playing with us