The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Kickstarter: TMNT Action Figure Encyclopedia (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58465)

oldmanwinters 12-07-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseangelo (Post 1733512)
I would not expect this to land before Christmas. Nickelodeon has actually picked up this book to publish it officially. Backers will still get whatever they pledged for, but I assume there will be an extra delay in the publishing process.

Haha, sounds like I made a decent decision to pass on the fan-funding. :tcool:

Even at a retail price, I can't say for sure that I'm sold on this thing. I do hope folks like tOkKa, who clearly contributed lots of his own scans are gonna get compensated.

Ninjinister 12-07-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Nickelodeon has actually picked up this book to publish it officially.

Oh, word? That's the first I've heard of that!

I'm fine with a delay if it's official.

DonnieLaForge 12-07-2017 06:04 PM

Hmm, it would be nice if we could get a proper backer update about this news...

Ninjinister 12-07-2017 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge (Post 1733531)

For some reason, even the most transparent of people have the toughest time updating their Kickstarter news feeds.

funatic 12-07-2017 06:37 PM

That's interesting to hear it's being officially published. Gives me a little more hope for the proofing on the final product.

Powder 12-07-2017 07:15 PM

Unless the proofing is being done by people from here (or of similar passion/knowledge) I wouldn't get my hopes too high. :tlol:

Roseangelo 12-07-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1733514)
Even at a retail price, I can't say for sure that I'm sold on this thing. I do hope folks like tOkKa, who clearly contributed lots of his own scans are gonna get compensated.

Indications from Tokka point to yes, although I don't know specifics.

TheMasterTurtle 12-08-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge (Post 1733531)

While I don’t have the link, we were sent an update about all those things about a month ago

DonnieLaForge 12-08-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle (Post 1733637)
While I don’t have the link, we were sent an update about all those things about a month ago

Yes, I have the update you speak of. It's very vague and doesn't mention Nickelodeon and basically says "can't talk about it now, maybe official release in future, not sure of dates, something something".

So not exactly the latest if what's been posted here is correct.

Rewdog 12-08-2017 02:17 PM

We are due a decent update considering the book is due this month. If we don't get one soon, questions need to be asked. All for giving people space to crack on but fair is fair.

RaphaelinSTL 12-08-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

I would not expect this to land before Christmas. Nickelodeon has actually picked up this book to publish it officially. Backers will still get whatever they pledged for, but I assume there will be an extra delay in the publishing process.

Hrmm. Besides what was vaguely mentioned in the last month email update, what confirmation is there that Nickelodeon picked this up?

TheMasterTurtle 12-09-2017 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge (Post 1733712)
Yes, I have the update you speak of. It's very vague and doesn't mention Nickelodeon and basically says "can't talk about it now, maybe official release in future, not sure of dates, something something".

So not exactly the latest if what's been posted here is correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1733842)
Hrmm. Besides what was vaguely mentioned in the last month email update, what confirmation is there that Nickelodeon picked this up?

Yeah while I dont doubt there might be some official involvement now, there hasnt been full disclosure of all the detail. Im sure part of it is an inability to share certain information however it does make one question how the involvement will change release times and I guess price? If I paid for the basic tier and there were going to be 500 books produced, now with the license holder involved I would think the book would have a larger number of books published, thus bringing the price down. Itll be a a little bothersome if I could get the same thing for $20 cheaper on Amazon with an official release.

RaphaelinSTL 12-09-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle (Post 1733874)
Yeah while I dont doubt there might be some official involvement now, there hasnt been full disclosure of all the detail. Im sure part of it is an inability to share certain information however it does make one question how the involvement will change release times and I guess price? If I paid for the basic tier and there were going to be 500 books produced, now with the license holder involved I would think the book would have a larger number of books published, thus bringing the price down. Itll be a a little bothersome if I could get the same thing for $20 cheaper on Amazon with an official release.

Yeah, I agree. At this point, until it actually comes from the official Kickstarter page I'm going to assume it's just rumors. His updates tend to always be once a month towards the beginning of the month, so I'm hoping he'll be sending something our way soon.

DonnieLaForge 12-09-2017 09:02 AM

Well, if you buy it cheaper off Amazon your name & photo won't be in the back so at least there's that...unless Nick gives that section the axe in the official version which I could see them doing.

RaphaelinSTL 12-09-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge (Post 1733882)
Well, if you buy it cheaper off Amazon your name & photo won't be in the back so at least there's that...unless Nick gives that section the axe in the official version which I could see them doing.

Exactly ... that was another big selling point of the fan involvement for this thing for me too. Again, it's just very vague information until something official comes out so I'm going to assume it's business as usual until we hear otherwise.

MikeandRaph87 12-09-2017 09:54 AM

I am interesting in this. What do you all think of this that bought it already? I was wondering if it was worth the purchase. If so I will get it off of Amazon.

Ninjinister 12-09-2017 01:09 PM

S'not out yet mate. Nobody has one.

Powder 12-09-2017 01:24 PM

People really should read the threads they post in.

MikeandRaph87 12-09-2017 07:14 PM

If it is not out yet then why does it say its in stock? I looked it up after I discovered this thread earlier this week and it showed as in stock.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...KIKX0DER&psc=1

wpugh2424 12-09-2017 07:44 PM

I don't believe that Is the Kickstarter book