The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SH Figuarts Turtle figures (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53464)

Autbot_Benz 10-07-2015 04:37 PM

SH Figuarts Turtle figures

Saw this on Twitter.

http://i.imgur.com/hyE1ti7.jpg

Oh boy more FW Turtles :roll:

silvertone 10-07-2015 04:44 PM

I love the FW turtles so this is really exciting. Can't wait for these.

Chaotix12345 10-07-2015 04:45 PM

Well, these certainly came out of nowhere! Most definitely gonna pick 'em up, though, as I have a couple Figuarts in my collection already and they're usually quite nice. It's also great to have Japanese collector-grade TMNT figures without cruddy Revoltech joints. :lol: Maybe if we're lucky, they may even continue the line with more characters and we can FINALLY get that accurate OT Shredder.

EddieNES 10-07-2015 04:55 PM

Anyone have a link to these or any news? Really digging them.

909 Turtle Fan 10-07-2015 04:55 PM

pretty cool, I guess, except that they all look crossed eyed as hell. what scale are they supposed to be?

Candy Kappa 10-07-2015 05:09 PM

Playmates, eat your ****ing hearth out. SH Figuarts Turtles, that is amazing.

Got no need for those oversized "Classics" Playmates farted out anymore. Hoping for a Shredder to join them. A 6 inch Shredder is long overdue.

Some more close-up pictures
http://news.toyark.com/2015/10/07/ny...turtles-177526

Splinter 10-07-2015 06:12 PM

Awesome. Figuarts is making some awesome stuff lately for a lot of properties.

And yeah, these capture the actual look/feel of the Classic Toon Turtles way better than Playmates.

And they're a much better price point than the other high-end collectible figures.

Hopefully Figuarts will do Shredder, Krang, Splinter, Bebop, and Rocksteady at least.

Commenter 42 10-07-2015 06:21 PM

So, with all these new figures - will anyone bother with Playmates and their garbage anymore?

One of the pics from Toy Ark (Kappa's link)
http://i.imgur.com/AtuYdi7.jpg

Splinter 10-07-2015 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commenter 42 (Post 1507865)
So, with all these new figures - will anyone bother with Playmates and their garbage anymore?

Outside Half-Shell Heroes... nope. I'm tired of Playmates being utterly incompetent.

ProactiveMan 10-07-2015 06:26 PM

They look really nice. I'm going to have to get a second job at this rate.

Commenter 42 10-07-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splinter (Post 1507867)
Outside Half-Shell Heroes... nope. I'm tired of Playmates being utterly incompetent.

Like, they must realize by now they need to completely revamp, OR GTFO.

What do you think the disconnect is? They can't be THIS tone deaf, can they?

EddieNES 10-07-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commenter 42 (Post 1507872)
Like, they must realize by now they need to completely revamp, OR GTFO.

What do you think the disconnect is? They can't be THIS tone deaf, can they?

Don't fix it, if it ain't broke. They still sell, so they don't care yet.

Splinter 10-07-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieNES (Post 1507880)
Don't fix it, if it ain't broke. They still sell, so they don't care yet.

The thing is though... they'd sell better if they gave half a crap.

Especially the 6" line that they had to scrap and which wasn't really "Classic" figures.

Just some weird hybrid of the Classic look with whatever they felt like doing.

Powder 10-07-2015 06:59 PM

If these are around 6" I'm totally in, I really like the look. I also want to fully support these Japanese companies (as I have Revoltech & others) who know how to make actual quality figures & are being allowed to do so with the TMNT license. After the Figuarts, let's get some Henson styled Figma & Nick inspired Nendoroids. Thank you~ :trazz:

I just wish they were fully Fred Wolf designed rather than being based on the "retro" stock art they keep pushing. Oh well. More than that my hope is for additional headsculpts. As it is now, there's only 2 faces for 4 turtles. Sharing bodies is fine but y'all can't give us 4 unique headsculpts? Dafuc?

psychturtle 10-07-2015 08:04 PM

If figuarts start this line, we may get some nice other versions under the monsterarts series or something. Definitely glad playmates is no longer one of the only options. Rejoice!

turtlefan27 10-07-2015 09:36 PM

So this is like the 3rd company besides playmates that's gonna put out tmnt figures this year and into next year right..any idea on what these will go for? Or time frame they'll be out? I know it tool like 3 months for the first mondo figure to come out. I'm glad that other companies are being aloud to make tmnt figures because playmates is sucking badly.

Panda Khan 10-07-2015 10:02 PM

I like them but I'm on the fence at the moment until I get the Mondo set paid off.

PangolinFeets 10-07-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1507886)
If these are around 6" I'm totally in, I really like the look. I also want to fully support these Japanese companies (as I have Revoltech & others) who know how to make actual quality figures & are being allowed to do so with the TMNT license. After the Figuarts, let's get some Henson styled Figma & Nick inspired Nendoroids. Thank you~ :trazz:

I just wish they were fully Fred Wolf designed rather than being based on the "retro" stock art they keep pushing. Oh well. More than that my hope is for additional headsculpts. As it is now, there's only 2 faces for 4 turtles. Sharing bodies is fine but y'all can't give us 4 unique headsculpts? Dafuc?

OMG TMNT Nendoroids and Figmas, please.

If these are 6", I'm in. I am so sick of those mega 1/6th scales. Not only do I not have the room to display four of those, but they look so weird against the kaiju displays I have.

Bry 10-07-2015 10:21 PM

These guys are very nice, and the few Figuarts figures I've got are really, really excellent... but I'm pretty Fred Wolfed out.

Though we're seeing the licenses to different iterations snapped up by premium toy companies left and right, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Henson or 2003 designs are done justice at some point.

Splinter 10-07-2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlefan27 (Post 1507943)
So this is like the 3rd company besides playmates that's gonna put out tmnt figures this year and into next year right..any idea on what these will go for? Or time frame they'll be out? I know it tool like 3 months for the first mondo figure to come out. I'm glad that other companies are being aloud to make tmnt figures because playmates is sucking badly.

6" Figuarts tend to go for between $40-$50. Some do go for slightly more.