The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How To Train Your Dragon 3... and the "Hetero Agenda" (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60049)

drag0nfeathers 06-03-2018 10:28 AM

How To Train Your Dragon 3... and the "Hetero Agenda"

*TRIGGER WARNING!*

I was so excited for this... but then...

https://i.redd.it/6t54pgahbi111.jpg

I'm gonna tread a hot button issue and say that I'm all for gay pride, gender equality, etc etc but this is getting out of control.

I feel stupid for even making this argument since it is a children's movie about pretend creatures, but the whole point was that Toothless was the last of his kind so... was it not predictable they would eventually introduce a female dragon so they could potentially save the species?

Also, there has been a twitter war also over the race issue. "Oh, a black male dragon and white female dragon. How typical?" Dude? I thought everyone would be happy about one being black and one being white... doesn't that promote interracial couples? Instead everyone is ******** on the idea and pissed off that she's not also black.

That's it. Like... I'm done. You can't make anyone happy ever... so just sit down and shut up and just enjoy the damn movie. It's Dragons for Christ sake!

It's like Rise all over again lol. Everyone is already judging it and the trailer hasn't even aired yet. Smh.

Please tell me I'm not alone on this?

TurtleTitan97 06-03-2018 10:32 AM

People will truly complain about anything these days, huh?

Candy Kappa 06-03-2018 10:38 AM

Relax. It's okay to criticize lazy, boring and outright bad creature design.

Vegita-San 06-03-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1762820)
Relax. It's okay to criticize lazy, boring and outright bad creature design.

what, do all dragons look alike to you?

sorry, couldn't resist :)...

but yeah. this is why SJW's will NEVER win. they are NEVER satisfied. capitulate to them on one issue, and ruin something, they will bring up ten more things to complain about. and you will loose your fan base forever more.

learn your lesson from star wars. from ghostbusters. from star trek. Don't SJW-ize. EVER.

Allio 06-03-2018 01:16 PM

B-But my Toothlessxhiccup FanFiction

Powder 06-03-2018 05:24 PM

There's no reason for you not to still be excited about it, if you take no issue with the direction of the film. Don't let a vocal minority's twisted knickers sour your enjoyment of something.

FredWolfLeonardo 06-03-2018 05:30 PM

"Hetero Agenda"

Lol, Okay.

Autbot_Benz 06-03-2018 05:35 PM

That face you make when a triggered post isn't started by papenbrook

https://i.imgur.com/lqWuOPQ.gif

Candy Kappa 06-03-2018 05:50 PM

To bad it's just a trolling thread about taking umbrage against some that dislike lazy and out-of-character-for-the-movies creature designs, cause beyond the "Miss Bunny from Bambi" dragon I'm interested in more HttyD

Redeemer 06-03-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1762888)
That face you make when a triggered post isn't started by papenbrook

https://i.imgur.com/lqWuOPQ.gif

Its Papenbrook's second account :lol: jk

Im a little disappointed, bc I liked the idea of him being the last of his kind. But I really love the first 2 movies so I will see this one regardless. :P

NinjaPug 06-03-2018 06:47 PM

Who cares what a random person you don't know says about a film they haven't seen any footage of on social media?

Vegita-San 06-03-2018 07:10 PM

whats the problem with the design?

all the dragons pretty much look alike with the various species.

They just made this one look white, and for the purposes of the photo 'in cute dog pose mode'. just like toothless is usually shown when he's not fighting.

what's the problem?

AT-Man 06-04-2018 04:47 AM

They could have gone with something neat, like the girl dragon being bigger or more dangerous looking. Cute dragons are an abomination.

drgon78 06-04-2018 05:04 AM

Last I remember she is supposed to be a light furry and a water type dragon and not a white night furry.

You know you can just ignore this crap, the internet is not the real world, just a place for idiots to be idiots and a fun place for the rest of us.

Vegita-San 06-04-2018 05:41 AM

ahh yes, the old, girl dragons have to be bad ass excuse ;o)

Candy Kappa 06-04-2018 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegita-San (Post 1762929)
ahh yes, the old, girl dragons have to be bad ass excuse ;o)

because a soft feminine version of the male dragon is better? She only lacks the long eye lashes to complete the stereotypical look with her having a smaller snout, dainty head frill-antennae, been waxed of her scales and caked in glitter. There's no other extremes in sexual dimorphism among the other dragon species, like Astrid's Stormfly who is a female dragon looks basically the same as a male Deadly Nadder.

Considering that the HttyD designers have created some great designs in previous installments, this is just so risk-less, predicable, downright lazy and functionally incorrect of what we know of Night Furies.

Vegita-San 06-04-2018 07:18 AM

all we know of night furries is toothless.

who knows what the others look like?

and that giant dragon from part 2 had different colors to them. I think one was male and one was female iirc.

I don't see the big deal.

maybe when she goes into battle mode her eyes turn red and she grows spikes or something.

plastroncafe 06-04-2018 07:56 AM

Aww look, she's an Eve to his Wall-E.
Because of course she is.

The design doesn't look at that inspired to me, that said...the creators have done a really good job with character design in the past, so I'm willing to lend them the benefit of the doubt with this.

I mean, she doesn't have hair, eyelashes, or lipstick...so that's a bonus.

That's assuming that Toothless isn't the female.

AT-Man 06-04-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1762932)

Now that would be something!

I suddenly find calling Furies "furries" funny.

Redeemer 06-04-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1762932)

I think thats a safe assumption considering they refer to him as "he" and "boy"
:lol: