The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   One Episode (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57566)

k_lala 03-16-2017 02:25 PM

One Episode

Hey, if you had to introduce the series to someone who's never watch the show before. And you had to give him ONE episode to watch, to give him an idea of what the show was about what would it be and why?

ABrown 03-16-2017 02:29 PM

Given the storybook nature of the series, I think pretty much the only episode that you can show is the first one. It wasn't a very episodic show like the first cartoon was.

CyberCubed 03-16-2017 02:35 PM

The first episode. Literally that episode alone should be enough to get people interested.

FredWolfLeonardo 03-16-2017 02:37 PM

If it was someone who's never seen the show before but is a tmnt fan, Id show them turtles forever. Otherwise, the first episode.

Powder 03-16-2017 02:43 PM

I can't see why you'd pick anything but the first...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 03-16-2017 03:21 PM

If not the first episode, "Hun on the Run." It prominently features Bishop and Hun, the two good 4Kids originals.

ToTheNines 03-16-2017 03:31 PM

If they were a Mirage fan, maybe Kirby and the Warp Crystal? That's the most faithful adaption.

Otherwise... Things Change.

I've watched the Christmas and Halloween episodes with friends a couple times over the years. Those certainly didn't convert any viewers.

TMNachoT 03-17-2017 09:11 AM

I´ll say "Things change", the first episode I watched, I still remember how curious and anxious I was about this version, it didn´t fail me, cool episode and introduction to this series.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-17-2017 04:54 PM

Things Change

Things Change (so he and she can continue following the series in correct order)

MikeandRaph87 03-17-2017 05:04 PM

The first episode of course is the one episode that would be recommended as other stated above. Outside of 'Things Change' though I would say the two part 'Shredder Strikes' episodes 10 and 11.

TheSkeletonMan939 03-17-2017 08:20 PM

Obvious answer is "Things Change", but if we were to go on hard mode, I'd go with "Hun on the Run" or "The Darkness Within". Lots of good character moments in those two episodes.

For 'Hun on the Run', we get some really fun dynamics between the bad guys: Hun hates Karai, but has to save her; Stockman hates both of them, but has to work under the employ of the Shredder, whom he hates more. Plus some great Bishop v. Hun action.

'Darkness Within' is definitely a weird one but gives you a pretty well-rounded look at the turtles' more private thoughts. Definitely should be an introduction to the 4Kids series more for the otherwise versed TMNT fan rather than someone who doesn't know the turtles at all, who'll just think it's a f*cked up weird ass show.

ABrown 03-18-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1668169)
If not the first episode, "Hun on the Run." It prominently features Bishop and Hun, the two good 4Kids originals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1668517)
Obvious answer is "Things Change", but if we were to go on hard mode, I'd go with "Hun on the Run" or "The Darkness Within". Lots of good character moments in those two episodes.

For 'Hun on the Run', we get some really fun dynamics between the bad guys: Hun hates Karai, but has to save her; Stockman hates both of them, but has to work under the employ of the Shredder, whom he hates more. Plus some great Bishop v. Hun action.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the Hun On The Run episode. But how is someone who's never seen the show before going to have any idea what's going on? Specifically, what events happened thus far in the series that have lead up to that episode. I just don't think someone could possibly appreciate the episode without having seen the show to that point.

CyberCubed 03-18-2017 05:56 PM

I think the 2k3 series is hard to recommend just one episode because unlike the original cartoon or even Nick cartoon, so many of the episodes are connected to one another or multi-parters, that it's hard to jump in anywhere in the middle and not be confused.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 03-18-2017 09:43 PM

Fallen Angel.

Wesley 03-19-2017 11:11 AM

It took me a while to get into the series first, but I'd say The Shredder Strikes two-parter is a good episode to start with, as it was that episode that made me a fan of the show.

neatoman 03-19-2017 01:21 PM

Garbageman

Nah but seriously, I'd go with Insane in the Membrane. If an episode got "banned", you know it's going to leave an impact.

TheSkeletonMan939 03-19-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1668853)
Garbageman

Nah but seriously, I'd go with Insane in the Membrane. If an episode got "banned", you know it's going to leave an impact.

Woah man... you can't introduce someone to the show with something like 'Insane in the Membrane'. :lol:

Wesley 03-20-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1668853)
Garbageman

The funny thing is Garbageman was the first episode that I watched.

k_lala 03-22-2017 03:29 PM

Just to play devils advocate. What if they watch the first episode and they think its ok or alright and then based off that don't want to watch the entire series.

Like you can't tell based off the first episode how dark / violent / cool fighting scenes / story telling (character development) the series has. Although yes, most of the series or shows are connected to one another.

AlessandraDC 03-22-2017 04:47 PM

For Nick TMNT I would pick Invasion or Tales of the Yokai.