The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FW 87 TMNT complete series dvd in turtle van box. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38904)

rufus 08-24-2012 04:26 PM

FW 87 TMNT complete series dvd in turtle van box.

Complete series in Turtle Van packaging.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tee...llection/17417
Those who wanted a Turtle Van set have been granted their wish. Odd looking with out the guns.

gobo 08-24-2012 04:28 PM

:teek: GTFO...

Jester 08-24-2012 04:31 PM

And just when I bought each DVD as they came out...

cammy85 08-24-2012 04:33 PM

I wonder if the $29.99 price tag is for real?? :D I'm guessing it could be since the first six volumes weren't through Lionsgate.

Edit: they're not. The price is $99.98.

rufus 08-24-2012 04:33 PM

Should have done this in the first place.

jmodlin210 08-24-2012 04:36 PM

all the episodes needs to be in order along with the missing episodes of once upon a time machine and planet of the turtleoids to be in season 5 for the complete series set.

JONNY

CyberCubed 08-24-2012 04:39 PM

I wonder if it's the same discs or if these have Planet of the Turtleoids in order and such.

I won't lie, if this has the Turtle Tip shorts I'd buy it.

Jester 08-24-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmodlin210 (Post 988110)
all the episodes needs to be in order along with the missing episodes of once upon a time machine and planet of the turtleoids to be in season 5 for the complete series set.

JONNY

Sadly it won't be, because the 23 discs seem to be the same, just repackaged.

gobo 08-24-2012 04:40 PM

Too bad we live in the real world.

Tinuvielsdreams 08-24-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 988105)
And just when I bought each DVD as they came out...

HI!

I know I literally just got Ten in the mail! *face palm* Oh well I have doubles of a lot of things anyways

LeoNerdo 08-24-2012 04:50 PM

That actually looks pretty cool, pretty much what I had in mind. The discs are just gonna be sitting in it stacked on top of each other like that though? Yuck. I might get this just for the collect-ability.
Don't count on getting additional content/features as you will most assuredly be disappointed.

Dragonpiece 08-24-2012 04:52 PM

I was all up for this when it had the price tag of 30$...

gobo 08-24-2012 04:52 PM

Well, damn. They actually have all the discs relabeled. Maybe they did go the extra inch of rearranging the couple eps they had out of order.

Ninjinister 08-24-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonpiece (Post 988124)
I was all up for this when it had the price tag of 30$...

Hundred still isn't terrible.

Tinuvielsdreams 08-24-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoNerdo (Post 988120)
That actually looks pretty cool, pretty much what I had in mind. The discs are just gonna be sitting in it stacked on top of each other like that though? Yuck. I might get this just for the collect-ability.
Don't count on getting additional content/features as you will most assuredly be disappointed.

The stacking idea makes me laugh because the inherent box shape gives them a chance for very thin dvd cases to slide in and out.

I don't see it on amazon yet but the price could be effected when it does

LincolnHawk 08-24-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmodlin210 (Post 988110)

JONNY

who is Jonny?

Powder 08-24-2012 04:59 PM

I'll definitely get this, though I might wait for it to be cheaper.

LincolnHawk 08-24-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 988132)
I'll definitely get this, though I might wait for it to be cheaper.

me too.....

Heather Breckel 08-24-2012 05:06 PM

That's awesome! I'm kind of glad I own the regular DVDs though, as I have no idea where I would put this.

Dragonpiece 08-24-2012 05:07 PM

Hopefully after this, Lionsgate will begin season sets of the 2003 series...

gobo 08-24-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather Breckel (Post 988134)
I have no idea where I would put this.

In the garage. Duh.

sdp 08-24-2012 05:10 PM

The price is really good, less than a dollar per episode. I only own S1-4, and I paid more than $100 for those if I add them up. I was going to pick up S5-10 soon if nothing was announced but now that this is I'll get this instead, it'll actually even be a similar price than getting S6-10 individually. I hate weird packages for DVDs with the exception of stuff I really love and for TMNT I do actually like having a turtles van set, for other stuff I wouldn't care.

Now I'm guessing it's just the same discs repackaged but I hope that at the very least, they're in the correct order and the episodes are spaced out a little bit better, the early seasons suffered a lot with 13/12 episodes per disc, that's way too many and the quality suffered, instead of having repeated episodes have them spaced out or add one extra disc. Also if it had new bonus content like the Turtle TIps I'd be pretty damn happy and excited but I doubt they're doing anything but the minimum, plus if it had more features they'd have announced it already, oh well.

I guess it was too much to ask for OT accurate art, oh well the weird 2k3/2007 turtles OT hybrids are kind of neat in a what where they thinking but for a "collectors" set they really should've had the real artwork... Having discs in the form of pizzas/manhole covers is a rather basic but awesome thing they could've done as well.

So the new show is basically the reason for this and TNM DVD's, I'd kill if a company did something like this for 2k3 but since it's Nick who has it, we'll just have to hope Shout! can license the 2k3 series, if TNM sells well they'll definitely try to. When did Nick buy the turtles? Shout mentioned it took them all this time to get the license for Power Rangers and that they tried as soon as the sale happened, so maybe they're still trying.

veemonjosh 08-24-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LincolnHawk (Post 988130)
who is Jonny?

JModlin210's first name is Jonny. He's signing his post.

(I only know this because he seems to end up on all the same message boards as me.)

LeoNerdo 08-24-2012 05:16 PM

This is the exact same disc count as the individual releases correct? I wish they would stretch it to ~25 discs to relieve the compression issues on the earliest releases. That way you could legitimately have no more than 8 episodes to a disc.

sdp 08-24-2012 05:41 PM

Well they're just cashing in on the new show, they have printed discs of the previous ten seasons they haven't sold out of and make it into a "complete series" and sell it to a few suckers who didn't buy the single releases and cash-in on the new show hype.

Good news is by the time the new movie comes out maybe Lionsgate will release a new complete series set, after all I don't see Nick buying the show anytime and they'll try to keep cashing in, we can still maybe get a better complete series down the road just not anytime soon. So yeah we'll very likely have the same discs just with different disc art, if that.

I'm still being hopeful but I realize the chances are next to none of it having the episodes better spaced out or something awesome like the turtle tips. Such a shame that's original animation with the original voice actors and some of them are pretty cool too, the length of all of them is pretty much the length of one episode so it's like one missing episode of the show when they're all put together.

pannoni1 08-24-2012 06:13 PM

I like how it says over 3 hours of bonus features. We don't even have 45 minutes of bonus features from the first releases, so that gives us plenty of room for others, including the Turtle Tips (10 minutes), every Playmates commercial (20 minutes), and around 2 hours of new interview footage. Looks like they're seriously trying to bring Turtles back to the mainstream in full force! And $99.98 is not a bad price since on eBay I've seen complete sets (through Season 9) sell in the $110-$150 range. With this collection perhaps, the OT collection will be complete, and finally there can be something to look forward to. Don't expect the price to come down too much though (maybe $80 if we're lucky), but I might just sell my OT DVD collection on eBay ASAP so I can get my hands on this set, than rebuy the OT DVDs individually at a lower price since this could eventually push the price down of the original DVD set. I'm very shocked that the idea of a Turtle Van complete set came so fast; it shows that the folks at Lionsgate must read this board, especially the wake of adding the bonus episodes on the Season 10 DVD.

sdp 08-24-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pannoni1 (Post 988157)
I like how it says over 3 hours of bonus features. We don't even have 45 minutes of bonus features from the first releases, so that gives us plenty of room for others, including the Turtle Tips (10 minutes), every Playmates commercial (20 minutes), and around 2 hours of new interview footage.

I doubt there is new features probably just an estimate.
BTW The turtle tips together are nearly 20 minutes if not more that I don't know more.

LeoNerdo 08-24-2012 06:36 PM

Odds are Planet of the Turtleoids & Once Upon a Time Machine are being counted as "bonus features" like they are on the season 10 dvd.

Storm Eagle 08-24-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 988126)
Well, damn. They actually have all the discs relabeled. Maybe they did go the extra inch of rearranging the couple eps they had out of order.

I'm kind of hoping for that. They might still have time. Besides, if what I read before is correct, "Once Upon a Time Machine" and "Planet of the Turtletoids" weren't on the season 5 set because they didn't have those episodes ready yet. It's probably bull, but whatever. They've got all the episodes on DVD now, so there's no excuse. Even though I own all ten season sets, I'm a little tempted to get this, but it probably won't be worth it unless all the episodes are arranged in the proper order. Is there any way we could get in touch with them and suggest that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoNerdo (Post 988143)
This is the exact same disc count as the individual releases correct? I wish they would stretch it to ~25 discs to relieve the compression issues on the earliest releases. That way you could legitimately have no more than 8 episodes to a disc.

It is the same disc count as the individual releases put together, yes.

By the way, in the pictures in that link, I'm seeing something with the complete season 7 artwork on it, and it says "The Complete Classic Series Collection". I'm wondering if that's a booklet. If it is, I'd probably get the set just for that, whether the episodes are rearranged in the proper order or not.

gobo 08-24-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veemonjosh (Post 988141)
JModlin210's first name is Jonny. He's signing his post.

(I only know this because he seems to end up on all the same message boards as me.)

I wouldn't want people knowing that, if I were you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoNerdo (Post 988179)
Odds are Planet of the Turtleoids & Once Upon a Time Machine are being counted as "bonus features" like they are on the season 10 dvd.

Good point. :tsad:

Scud 08-24-2012 06:54 PM

Wow:teek: this is awesome.
I'm happy I only pulled the trigger on buying the first season. This is going to look so great on my shelf.
The only thing I'm concerned about is how discs are arranged. They look close together standing up, potential for more scratches.

~S~

sdp 08-24-2012 06:59 PM

Yeah there seems to be a booklet, hopefully it's neat like the Power Rangers one.

They also probably consider the S1 bonus episodes of S10 as bonus features if it's the same disc as S1 and they'll include that repeated episode from S3/S4...I wish they would do more than the bare minimum, if we contacted them maybe.

Jester 08-24-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoNerdo (Post 988179)

Not just that, but the 4 episodes from season 10 on the season 1 set would count.

So how do you guys feel about quadruple dipping on those episodes and Plan 6 from Outer Space? (since if these disks are the same as the original releases, you'll then have those 5 episodes 4 times over...)

EDIT: Dang...not alone in my brilliant analysis.

Storm Eagle 08-24-2012 07:09 PM

I also noticed from looking at the picture of the case with the DVDs revealed from the top, going from front to back, that four in a row have the same color and picture, five in a row have the same color and picture, three in a row have the same color and picture, two in a row have the same color and picture, and four in a row have the same color and picture. Respectively, that's the disc count of the sets for seasons 3 (although not really a season set), 4, 5, 6, and 7. The rest are from season sets 1, 2, 8, 9, and 10, which just had one disc. So they probably won't be rearranging the episodes in the proper order for this set. I said I might double dip for this if this includes a booklet like I think I see in that picture, but if I do, at least I won't have to fumble with the season 5 packaging anymore to get discs out.

The Moose 08-24-2012 07:13 PM

This is incredible news! I am so happy to see this as a reality. I think the Turtle Van looks great and will be ready to purchase it the day it comes out. Additionally, I feel that buying a special plastic molded Turtle Van containing the entire series on 23 DVDs for $100 is a really fair price. No doubt this set will hold a very special place in my DVD collection.

jmodlin210 08-24-2012 07:18 PM

I don't want the discs to get scratched inside the packaging for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Complete Series Box Set Van Gift with all 23 dvd's. I want all the episodes to be remastered, in correct order, spaced out, more new bonus features.

Jephael 08-24-2012 08:36 PM

You know what's funny is some of us were talking about this in other threads months ago and now it's actually happening. Kinda ironic, huh? Sadly I probably won't be buying this since I've already got all the seperate releases.

VaughnMichael 08-24-2012 09:15 PM

Going to have to pass on this.

sdp 08-24-2012 09:24 PM

Looking at the pictures yeah it definitely going to be just a re-release of the old discs, I kind of expected this but held a little bit of hope that I may be wrong but it's the same discs with different artwork. Hate that even with this it's the bare minimum, I mean at least put accurate artwork. The turtles driving the van actually look the most like the turtles and even then it looks like some unlicensed art of them for a bootleg or non-licensed item from back in the day.

Oh well I'll still be getting it, was there anything interesting in the S5-10 packaging that I'll be missing out? I know S6 was in a pizza box which seemed neat and that S7 had mini figures of the original toys. I'd actually really want to get a hold of those.

X 08-24-2012 09:45 PM

I wouldn't mind double-dipping on the original series, but I do have concerns that would keep me from buying this.

First and most important, they have to put the episodes in the correct order. The so called "bonus episodes" on season 10 need to be in the correct spot.

Another thing I would like to see, is the "unaired episodes" from the season 1 DVD placed in their correct spots. If they were a part of season 10, take them off of the season 1 DVD in this release and put them with the season 10 DVD.

I am going to keep my eyes on any news for this set. If it's confirmed to be nothing more than changed disc art in a plastic van, I will save 100 bucks to put toward the Wii U system and games or Skylanders Giants.

If the episodes are placed in the correct order, instead of being thrown onto various discs, I won't hesistate to put another hundred bucks in Lionsgate's coffers.

The ball's in your court, Lionsgate, and I know you see this. Do you want my Franklin? You know what to do.