The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FW 87 TMNT complete series dvd in turtle van box. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38904)

TheCanadiandrome 09-08-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_lala (Post 995024)
The price just went up to $90. Congrats on the peeps who preordered at $70.

Wow it's more than the Amazon.ca price

HotJuicyBurgers 09-09-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIP, gobo (Post 995049)
Warm&FuzzyJuicyBurgers?? :sick: Horrifying.

I probably am no longer safe to be eaten and should be thrown away. :tcry:

Storm Eagle 09-09-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_lala (Post 995024)
The price just went up to $90. Congrats on the peeps who preordered at $70.

That's why I always wait for all other DVD-selling sites to put things up for sale. I tend to find much better prices elsewhere. They're not all as well-known as Amazon, but they leave me with more money to spare.

prophecy718 09-09-2012 01:09 PM

i wonder if there would be any black friday deals...hmmm

70 was a good price

nelodiavolo 09-09-2012 01:51 PM

It's Amazon. Prices tend to fluxuate weekly, daily, even hourly. I'm sure it hit the 70 mark again. Glad I got my preorder at that price. And if goes even lower, I'll get the price match automatically.

BentonGrey 09-09-2012 02:39 PM

I......darn it...I may have to buy this...that's some good marketing right there.

Vegeta 09-10-2012 02:46 AM

purchased. one of the coolest sets ever

Spitfire 09-10-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oroku Saki (Post 995426)
FYI Amazon.ca now has two listings for the Turtle Van DVD set. One is $68.49 and the other is $87.49. Hopefully they don't cancel the less expensive listing!

$68.49
http://www.amazon.ca/Teenage-Mutant-...7247183&sr=1-1

$87.49
http://www.amazon.ca/Teenage-Mutant-...7247183&sr=1-3

Preorder it then. Amazon has to give you the preorder price.

Filespit 09-10-2012 08:04 AM

These are greats news to me! I don't have any of the separate season releases so I'm probably buying this. Cool packaging as well!

TheCanadiandrome 09-10-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oroku Saki (Post 995426)
FYI Amazon.ca now has two listings for the Turtle Van DVD set. One is $68.49

$68.49
http://www.amazon.ca/Teenage-Mutant-...7247183&sr=1-1

ok, so I cancelled the preorder I had before and re-preordered it for the cheaper price listed above. So excited! Definitely love getting cheaper

Yep It's A Trap 09-10-2012 09:05 PM

Wish they would do the same for other cartoon series. I love collectable DVD cases.

gobo 09-10-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yep It's A Trap (Post 995962)
Wish they would do the same for other cartoon series. I love collectable DVD cases.

They did it for "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!"

Ninja Tiptup 09-12-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 989156)
I can't believe so many people haven't been collecting the DVDs along the way. I half expected the posts here to be with people saying, "But I just bought all the single releases!"

Honestly I am not sure I would even go for this Turtle Van set if I didn't have the whole collection already.

I collected them but it started back when Season 1 first hit DVD and there was never too many to buy and most were very cheap. I was always excited to add another set. So I feel no remorse for this news. I think it's great that they finally released the whole series and now are going to do so in a large set for collectors who were not sold on the individual discs or sets. I would have preferred for the show to be out completely sooner than this but I'm a patient guy. I'm not mad at Lionsgate for coming out with a series box after all this time because getting all of it in one fell swoop has it's appeal but so does collecting it over time. Different buyers have different preferences.

I'm sure some people will be annoyed at the box set coming now after a release that took years but I'm not one of them.

Storm Eagle 09-13-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup (Post 996774)
I collected them but it started back when Season 1 first hit DVD and there was never too many to buy and most were very cheap. I was always excited to add another set. So I feel no remorse for this news. I think it's great that they finally released the whole series and now are going to do so in a large set for collectors who were not sold on the individual discs or sets. I would have preferred for the show to be out completely sooner than this but I'm a patient guy. I'm not mad at Lionsgate for coming out with a series box after all this time because getting all of it in one fell swoop has it's appeal but so does collecting it over time. Different buyers have different preferences.

I'm sure some people will be annoyed at the box set coming now after a release that took years but I'm not one of them.

That's how most companies do it anyway. Put out the seasons individually first, and then put out the whole series in one set. Then it's kind of a catch-22 since a whole series set, or even future individual season sets probably wouldn't have ever happened if people weren't buying the DVDs in the first place. Then you have those people who feel cheated that they spent all that money buying the individual season sets one by one, and then a complete series set comes out, and they with they had waited on that.

LeoNerdo 11-11-2012 09:30 PM

For those that care DVDTalk posted a review of the set yesterday here. It just confirms what most of us had already guessed, that it's just a re-packaging of the previously released materials in a van and w/ an episode list and disc content booklet. The wheels do roll apparently :lol:.

It's not a priority for me right now because I bought all the individual releases, but with the way prices fluctuate on amazon I wouldn't be surprised if we could get it there for <$50 in a year or two.

CyberCubed 11-11-2012 10:16 PM

Stupid that they didn't at least put the two skipped Season 5 eps where they belong...but whatever.

Also the reviewer was a moron who has no clue what each season was actually about.

pannoni1 11-12-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1020944)
Stupid that they didn't at least put the two skipped Season 5 eps where they belong...but whatever.

Also the reviewer was a moron who has no clue what each season was actually about.

Or the fact that the "if you were alive at any time between 1987 and now" should at least drop to "1980 and now" since the TMNT craze peaked before they were teens along with maximizing the audience for this article:trolleye:. I do put stock in this review since the same reviewer reviewed Season 1's DVD release. You can't go too in-depth with reviewing since it makes things a bit too complicated, and that's why we have site like the Technodrome. I agree to wait a year or two for a set on eBay or Amazon, since that its not on Blu-Ray like the movie collection, its not going to appreciate in value since this contains no new content under the sun. :tmad:

CyberCubed 11-12-2012 08:43 AM

While its understandable that a casual reviewer isn't going to remember every single thing about each episode off the top of his head, a lot of his statements just seemed wrong.

The series actually geared up MORE towards action from the later seasons. I noticed it started around Season 6 but it still had that Seasons 3 and 4 comedy aspect to it, but Seasons 7-10 were all more geared toward action than humor.

TheCanadiandrome 11-12-2012 06:31 PM

so i just got shipping confirmation for my set. should have it within the end of this week

oldmanwinters 11-12-2012 07:51 PM

A little box set tribute-of-sorts via The Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-...b_2101398.html