The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite coming to PS4 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56919)

TigerClaw 11-26-2016 02:13 PM

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite coming to PS4

Its official! Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is coming to PS4, Check out the trailer.

GoldMutant 11-26-2016 02:30 PM

Awesome! (If it's confirmed)

I really hope when the game is confirmed at some point, they add in Daredevil on the Marvel side. That's my one wish.

DestronMirage22 11-26-2016 05:56 PM

**** YES. But PS4 exclusive (maybe)?:cry:
Also:
GIVE US SHUMA GORATH!!!!
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20121012191603

Ninjinister 11-26-2016 07:02 PM

Why the crap do people start topics on things that aren't confirmed? We have a general discussion topic, dammit. Too much of a gamble if it turns out to be fake.

Cure 11-26-2016 09:19 PM

Calm down, Shuma Gorath was in 3.

Andrew NDB 11-26-2016 09:36 PM

This will make my friend's day.

I'm pretty bored with all these new Street Fighters and such. It's the same damn 2D fighting engine since 1992. It was cool at the time, now it's dated and dumb (of course you should be able to move sideways in a fight). Capcom kind of half-heartedly tried to evolve things into 3D gameplay with "Street Fighter Ex" way back in like the Saturn days, but after that just threw up their hands for nostalgia.

DestronMirage22 11-26-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1642505)
Calm down, Shuma Gorath was in 3.

Yeah, but he'd need to be in 4 too. :P

Shark_Blade 11-27-2016 12:38 AM

I want my Ace Attorney to return back!!!

TheBlueTurtle1 11-27-2016 03:06 AM

I really REALLY hope this is true, BUT I think it is fake. Also I wouldn't hold out much hope of the Marvel side being very interesting.

Marvel will flood the roster with Guardians of the Galaxy characters, and avengers, to promote their movies. You will see no X-men (lets face it, they are the best) and no FF.

Shark_Blade 11-27-2016 04:50 AM

Lol yeah.... Fantastic Four?? Seriously??

turtlefanforever 11-27-2016 08:05 AM

well

it would make sense. They did that deal to get street fighter 5 to be an exclusive. Maybe PS is the future home to most Capcom sequels.

TheBlueTurtle1 11-27-2016 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1642534)
Lol yeah.... Fantastic Four?? Seriously??

Yes, Fantastic Four are great characters, just because the new movie sucked, doesn't mean the franchise sucks.

CyberCubed 11-27-2016 03:05 PM

Fighters were like the "Call of Duty" of the 90's. They would just keep re-releasing the same game over and over again with only a handful of new characters.

After the disaster that was Street Fighter V, I don't know why anyone would have any faith in this. Not to mention back in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3...they wouldn't even make Megaman a playable character. MEGAMAN....Capcom's main mascot.

DestronMirage22 11-27-2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1642643)
Fighters were like the "Call of Duty" of the 90's. They would just keep re-releasing the same game over and over again with only a handful of new characters.

After the disaster that was Street Fighter V, I don't know why anyone would have any faith in this. Not to mention back in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3...they wouldn't even make Megaman a playable character. MEGAMAN....Capcom's main mascot.

The thing with those games was that they were characters people really liked, who they really wanted to see appear in more fighting games.

Capcom's interest in Megaman has been purely for marketing reasons for the last few years. They don't care enough about him anymore to release new games about him, or continue his awesome comic series. But Megaplushies, random crap, and "hip new" reboots are fine. :roll:

TheBlueTurtle1 12-01-2016 07:01 AM

You guys keeping up with the rumors? The art IS FAKE. The person who made it came forward. More sources are saying it will be revealed this weekend.

It seems people are unsure (if it is real) where the X-men stand, looks like we may get Wolverine and Deadpool, or they may be cut altogether.

Personally, I was frustrated with the poor X-men reps in 3, so to cut them entirely would be very hard for me to accept. At this point It would make me very happy to just have Wolverine.

DestronMirage22 12-01-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 (Post 1643556)
You guys keeping up with the rumors? The art IS FAKE. The person who made it came forward.

Dang, you're right. Just checked some articles and you're right. In hindsight it should've been obvious, but people just want to believe. It's still a possibility it'll come out, what with all the many rumors from different places.

TheBlueTurtle1 12-01-2016 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 (Post 1643557)
Dang, you're right. Just checked some articles and you're right. In hindsight it should've been obvious, but people just want to believe. It's still a possibility it'll come out, what with all the many rumors from different places.

A lot of the sources stand to loose all their credibility, if the game turns out to be fake.

I am 50/50, and to some extent I kinda hope it doesn't happen. When was the last time capcom made a good game? Res 7 and Dead Rising 4 look like some kinda of joke, and if Marvel are going to blacklist the x-men, then this game is gonna suck.

MvC without Wolverine and Doom! seriously?

You need to look what Marvel did to Disney Infinity.:x

DestronMirage22 12-01-2016 08:25 AM

Yeah, if a MvC4 happened without fan favorites like Wolverine (who's been in EVERY one of these games) and Doom, many would complain and some would probably call it a failure. Personally, as long as Shuma's in it, I couldn't complain :P.
What was so bad about Infinity? Too many Marvel characters? Not enough, or just the wrong ones?

Dust 12-03-2016 11:25 AM

IT'S REAL! Marvel vs Capcom Infinite! And the first thing they showed in that trailer was Mega Man X! CAPCOM IS BACK BABY!

TigerClaw 12-03-2016 01:51 PM

Here's the trailer.

Captain Marvel is gonna be in the game.

Updated the 1st post and changed the thread title to reflect the new title of the game.