The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The TMNT Mirage Continuity Timeline (complete?) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=19697)

odupianist 07-19-2007 08:12 AM

Thank you.

Scandia 07-19-2007 10:55 AM

In "To Serve and Protect", they have not seen Splinter and Don in almost a year. And it has been stated that it does NOT take place immediately after "City At War" ends. So it seems to me that it takes place somewhere in the middle of Volume 2. Before number 8 of volume 2, but not at the very beginning. Didn't Volume 2 start right after City at War ends anyway?

odupianist 07-19-2007 01:02 PM

I think it had been awhile. They were bored and had been for some time I thought.

Scandia 07-19-2007 01:25 PM

And if they were so bored, why did they not go up to Northampton to see their father and brother?

Plot hole, plot hole, major plot hole!!!

odupianist 07-20-2007 08:27 AM

They might have, who knows, but I think at the end of CaW someone mentions that they needed time to figure things out. I think it was Don.

DrSpengler 07-20-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scandia (Post 538715)
Plot hole, plot hole, major plot hole!!!

Yeah, Mirage is fulla those.

The Big Bad 07-26-2007 10:02 PM

What happened to Don at the end of vol. 2--did he remain in Northampton, or did he rejoin his brohters? Can To Protect and Serve occur after Volume 2?

Scandia 07-27-2007 05:53 AM

From what I gather given what the synopses on NinjaTurtles.com say, he did rejoin his brothers and they all moved back to the sewers in NY.

I think "To Serve and Protect" happens in the middle of volume 2 just before Donatello rejoins his brothers.

And "Credo" states a February 1987 date. But "True Stories" also features dates around this time. So it either happens in Northampton or it is another Mirage flub.

TristanHuwJones 07-27-2007 11:11 PM

You could probably set it after Vol 2. Don might have gone back to Northampton to resume training with Splinter. In my mind, it's set AROUND Vol.2, so I suggest you just pick where you think it fits best :D !

DrSpengler 08-08-2007 01:26 PM

Okay, just read Tales #37 and I can't figure out where it should go in the timeline.

Spoiler:
Casey's origin was completely made up, so all the fashbacks don't count. But the present day story is what I can't place.
I don't think there's really anything to go by so I might just have to guess it in there somewhere, but I'd like to get some ideas as to where some of you think it should go.

Edit: whoops, needs spoiler tags.

TristanHuwJones 08-08-2007 01:28 PM

GAH! Someone needs to spoiler tag this thread!

DrSpengler 08-09-2007 12:02 PM

Alright, I made my decision.

Quote:

*Tales #37 "Casey in Point" is pretty much impossible to place since there are no defining elements or references to drop it in a certain timeframe. So I stuck it in with "Muscle & Faith" and "North by Downeast" because it could easily fit in that timeframe and it compliments the two other Casey-centric stories nicely.
There's lots of places it could go, but I just stuck it there because it works well with the other Casey stories.

turkishproverb 09-14-2007 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpengler (Post 499714)
CONTINUITY NOTES LAST UPDATED: 6/13/07*The Image migrane. As we all know, the Image series is the *real* TMNT Vol. 3 and is most certainly not a part of the Mirage continuity. However, when it first started...it was. As a result, you've got an issue of TMNT Vol. 2 where Raph references their first crossover with the Savage Dragon, and even has a little editor's note telling the reader to check out the Savage Dragon crossover. This is completely irreconcilable and just another continuity flub you have to "ignore".HERE.

Ah, I'm not saying it has to be that your wrong, but does it have ot be either or?

Isn't it possible the turtles Savage dragon appearances and crossovers are Cannon, but the rest of the image stuff (V. 3) isn't?

DrSpengler 10-10-2007 04:46 PM

Added the two stories from Tales #38.

I put them before Young Leo's segments from Loops, but they could just as easily take place before. I felt they should go before Vol. 1 #9, though, because the TMNT are much less mature in these stories than in #9.

odupianist 10-19-2007 08:11 AM

Why isn't this sticky-ed yet? Just curious :)

DrSpengler 10-24-2007 10:55 AM

Stickied! AT LAST! I thought this day would never come. :cry:

Updated with Tales #39. I *think* that's where it oughta go, but if anybody has a more precise location, speak up!

Scandia 11-04-2007 05:41 AM

I think "What Wolves Wear" should be in Volume 3. They may have the tattoos, but who knows if that had been the first time they used them and they just reused them for the Utroms? I am going by the fact that Leonardo is telling the tale to a 5 year old Shadow.

And I am still convinced that "To Serve and Protect" goes best in the middle of Volume 2.

TristanHuwJones 11-04-2007 08:53 AM

In my mind, yeah it does too. There's a bit of a grey area in the early issues of vol.2 that allows for it. It could also come before vol.2, or if someone wrote the right tale, after it. The sequel I pitched would've cleared it up, but I don;t think that will be happening anytime soon unfortunately :(

Scandia 11-04-2007 09:33 AM

Looking at the synopses of Volume 2, it does look like it does happen indeed in between the early issues, like 2 or 3. Definitely before number 7.

DrSpengler 11-04-2007 01:50 PM

Well, Tristan, you wrote the story so I think its up to you to put this to rest.

Shall I move it so that it's placed between Vol. 2 #2 and #3, or should I leave it as is?