The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Rise of the TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Rise of the TMNT Movie Coming To Netflix (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61021)

Slash-Dash 01-18-2021 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1876534)
Even if the show was renewed for 10 more seasons, it’s a waste of the platform. They could do something else, sure. It’s not outside the realm of possibility.

well it's happening so we might as well embrace it.

LeotheLateBloomer 01-18-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slash-Dash (Post 1876793)

Not much to embrace unless you're a fan of the show.

Leofan26 01-21-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPug (Post 1876086)
Netflix released the synopsis for the movie:

RISE OF THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: THE MOVIE
Directors: Ant Ward, Andy Suriano
Nickelodeon pic that picks up the turtles when a mysterious stranger arrives from the future with a dire warning. Leo is forced to rise and lead his brothers, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey in a fight to save the world from a terrifying alien species…the Krang.

https://deadline.com/video/netflix-2021-movie-slate/

This says the mysterious stranger is Casey Jones

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...-2021-releases

Good thing I got curious if any thing came up on the film yet. I am so glad this takes place after the series ended I was worried about that, can't wait to see how this Leo will lead the team. This version of Raph is normally supportive of his bros when oppertuinty for them comes but at his expense will the old Raph from past shows come out and pick fights with Leo over this? Man am I excited. I really looking forward to the trailer to this.

Edit;

Ask for the main villain on who it is yah I'm not the biggest fan of the guy but I'm more curious about the other stuff any ways.

Andrew NDB 01-21-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1876534)
Even if the show was renewed for 10 more seasons, it’s a waste of the platform. They could do something else, sure.

Absolutely. Because you know what Netflix will say the next time someone in the room goes, "Hey, how about a pretty cool new take on the TMNT on Netflix?" They will say, "Ehh... remember that 'Rise of the TMNT' movie? Best not."

Quote:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile...-of-a_Q640.jpg

ZariusTwo 01-22-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

well it's happening so we might as well settle for s*it

Fixed that for ya

shredder orokusaki 01-24-2021 12:25 AM

It will be only Krang so the only Utrom on earth like he was in the 1987 because if there was all the Utroms like in 2012 then it would had been the Kraang . At least i hope his robot body this time is something similar the the 1987 with a red underwear and sunglasses. Shame that he didnt appear from the first episode and he appears only after the series end on the movie.

shredder orokusaki 01-24-2021 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1876356)
Such a waste of the platform. You can do practically anything on Netflix, c'mon.

Nickelodeon can also do practica;;y amything and they dont even need Netflix. Anyway the only netflix series i look forward to is the next Sonic series.

NinjaPug 04-27-2021 07:49 AM

Wasn't this rumored to come out this Summer?

Netflix just released their Summer movie release schedule and it wasn't included.

CyberCubed 04-27-2021 08:06 AM

The animators posted some storyboards on their twitters.

shredder orokusaki 04-27-2021 09:21 AM

No they didnt say anything about summer.it only announced for 2021 but not exact date yet.

sdp 04-28-2021 07:24 AM

Was this really so far behind in production that it couldn't be sooner? Who cares about Rise now, even the fans have moved on. It should've come out months ago. Unless of course it's a huge crossover movie then there's no reason why this didn't come out before. It's also coming out on netflix and the show isn't on netflix but on another subscription service, talk about killing any chance of getting new people interested in the show.

CyberCubed 04-28-2021 07:48 AM

It's sunk costs. The movie was already in production when they found out the show was canceled, so they're not going to cancel it altogether when the movie was likely almost done.

sdp 04-28-2021 09:05 AM

oh, and i'm sure the contractual rights with netflix as well but it seems like this movie has been done for a long time. What's the point of holding it back all this time?

Same thing happened with the teen titans dtv movie, it was confirmed it had already been done and took place before season 5 but they didn't release it until a year after teen titans had already been cancelled and aired its last episode. no one cared and no one bought the movie.

dragonside 05-09-2021 01:06 AM

well a 1/3 of the year has gone by.

I'm sure that the pandemic hasn't helped its production but I mean, I guess its pretty much dead.

So I'm going to take it as the last hurrah for a show that tried to do something different and didn't succeed. I consider its quality to be quite high on a lot of fronts, but its focus was lost on the audience it was trying to cater to.

LeotheLateBloomer 05-09-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonside (Post 1891602)
well a 1/3 of the year has gone by.

I'm sure that the pandemic hasn't helped its production but I mean, I guess its pretty much dead.

So I'm going to take it as the last hurrah for a show that tried to do something different and didn't succeed. I consider its quality to be quite high on a lot of fronts, but its focus was lost on the audience it was trying to cater to.

Yup, the last season changing from 26 to 13 episodes instead definitely made it obvious. Nothing to do with the pandemic despite what some may want to believe. As for the movie, that will be it for the series though it is strange that there's no release date for it yet.

CyberCubed 05-09-2021 08:49 AM

The movie has to be completed by now, I just don't know why there's no release sate yet. Considering netflix paid for exclusive broadcast rights for its release it's weird netflix isn't eager to get it out because well....they lost money on this.

IndigoErth 05-09-2021 10:11 AM

And that placeholder on Netflix, presumably for this, just sits there blank. You'd think they'd at least decide on a date and image to put on it, even if it's six months away.

sdp 05-14-2021 02:27 PM

the movie will fail because no one will watch a movie of a show that nobody can watch, putting rise on paramount+ is like giving a show a 4 am death slot back in the day. Unless of course the movie is a huge crossover, no one on Netflix will bother to watch it.

The Turtle Terminator 05-14-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1891608)
The movie has to be completed by now, I just don't know why there's no release sate yet. Considering netflix paid for exclusive broadcast rights for its release it's weird netflix isn't eager to get it out because well....they lost money on this.

Doesn’t Netflix lose money on everything they own? Like don’t they pay too much for everything they own compared to their return or is that just a joke rumour?

lonewarrior20 05-14-2021 06:04 PM

if they do have a trailer, i can see the opening part of turtles riding in on a wreaking ball with april using her crane license.