The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   The Technodrome News (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Munroe Interview! (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=12230)

Nturtle 04-09-2005 06:41 AM

Munroe Interview!

Gamerz-Edge has posted a brand new, pipin' hot interview with writer/director of the upcoming TMNT movie, Kevin Munroe! He speaks to a lot of the fan concerns from the story, moodiness and CGI. Very interesting.

Also, the entire Playmates toyline is to have a featured shop in Times Square for the entire month of April. Plus, on April 29th there will be a whole day of turtle related festivities, check out the lineup on the official site.
[mod edit: I tried to merge the two threads and the main post went to the bottom :o :roll: so much for simplicity.

[Edit: No problem, fixed. --Krang]

phillytmnt 04-09-2005 06:41 AM

interview with new tmnt director!

Gamerz-Edge has posted a brand new, pipin' hot interview with writer/director of the upcoming TMNT movie, Kevin Munroe! He speaks to a lot of the fan concerns from the story, moodiness and CGI. Very interesting.

Also, the entire Playmates toyline is to have a featured shop in Times Square for the entire month of April. Plus, on April 29th there will be a whole day of turtle related festivities, check out the lineup on the official site.

[mod edit: Just keeping it together...]

[edit: quote wasn't showing up for some reason, so phillytmnt will just be the news reporter for today :lol: -NT]

Mecha Cow 04-09-2005 08:50 AM

Pretty interesting and definately news to me; thanks for the heads up.

ZariusTwo 04-09-2005 09:08 AM

the action, the humor, the characters, acknowledging the stories that have been told already

Looks like Ninja Turtles IV's script has'nt been forgotten, they'll probably base it around The Shredder's demise and who will take control of The Foot

TheShowstoppa 04-09-2005 10:38 AM

After reading that interview, I feel a little bit better about this movie now. I can understand where they're coming from with the lip-syncing, and a few other things, but I don't see why they just can't CG a lot of the fighting in the first place. The Matrix did it... Matter of fact, the second developed a whole new kind of CG to do their fighting scenes. TMNT could do this too. Plus, the head attire could be blue so they could CG the head for the lip syncing. I dunno... I'm just kinda depressed that this isn't going to be live.

Munroe being a fan, though, really does put my mind at ease about the story line. (Insert Vanilla Ice Joke Here... You know you wanna... ) That was great. I'm glad they're going to follow the first to a T and then only CERTAIN parts of the 2nd. I'm completely glad they threw out the 3rd all together.

Now that I know the direction this film is going, I'm more excited and I can't wait for it to come out... here's to 2007!

Krutch 04-09-2005 02:38 PM

Ya i got pretty depressed pretty quick when i hard it was CGI, and worse, it was the same company that made that Donner TV Special garbage.

But after reading that interview, im a little more relaxed now.

Although now im a little sad knowing that Shredder probably wont be the villain, Ah well...if he makes some kind of Miraculous recovery, i'll be fine. Perhaps this is the way hes revealed as an Utrom?

But that wouldnt make sense since we seen him bleed a few times in the first film.

AAaaaaanyways, i'm feelin better. Im outtie

twopinacoladas 04-10-2005 03:57 PM

Awesome, I to was somewhat disapointed to hear it was CGI but they are going to tone it more like the comics... he mentioned it looked like a graphic novel in motion or something to that effect... Also that the quality is up there with the best with in the studio. 4 TMNT fighting 60 ninjas.... moving camera while they jump the rooftops this could definately be good.

I will be looking forward to this just as much as I will be Spider-Man 3 :D

azure turtle 04-11-2005 03:22 PM

I'm relieved to hear that Kevin himself is a fan of the TMNT. Plus, the way he described the visuals sounds pretty incredible. I'm hoping the film will be able to live up to the expectations he's set.

raphaelprime 04-11-2005 06:47 PM

im a little more happy after reading that...altho in the first place i was a lil upset of a complete CGI movie, but was glad to see a new one in works....also i have one big question about it...he metioned that it will be takin place after the first movie and the 2nd one to an extent...if its after the 2nd one kinda, i wonder if Laird and Munroe, will think about one of the last scenes where the Prof. runs off with the ooze, and maybe show what happened to him finally....cause i think they could use that and turn it into an Utrom storyline....i kinda hope thats what happens...cause thats one thing that really upset me about the 2nd, that the had him, just leave, nothin else....but anyway, im lil more happy now n cant wait.

iluvmikey 04-13-2005 12:05 PM

new movie

:tcouch:

I think that this new movie will be awesome. though I am a little nervous being a fan of both the comics and the cartoons. I would definetly like to see the darker side of the turtles. I am also glad that the guy doing the movie is a fan. that helps, it's kinda like LOTR a little bit. :D