The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Do you believe in reincarnation? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58416)

Andrew NDB 07-26-2017 12:56 PM

Do you believe in reincarnation?

http://nerdemia.com/wp-content/uploa...1/som-tree.jpg

And does it even matter, since you can't remember your last life?

snake 07-26-2017 01:00 PM

No because there's 7 billion people and there used to be less. The logistics behind it are convoluted.

FredWolfLeonardo 07-26-2017 01:00 PM

I believe in heaven/hell but not past lives/reincarnation.

plastroncafe 07-26-2017 01:15 PM

It's no more/less a waste of energy than any other afterlife belief system, so why not?

TurtleWA 07-26-2017 01:43 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psy...st-lives%3famp

CyberCubed 07-26-2017 01:43 PM

The only way it makes sense is the theory that the entire Universe retracts after a gazillion years and all goes back to one point, then we have another Big Bang and everything comes into existence all over again. However, that would mean every single thing, like every atom, planet, stardust, person would be designed the same exact way...almost as if it's a timeloop where history repeats itself. But that is probably not the case.

It also doesn't make sense because humans did not exist at the dawn of time. How could we be reincarnated before there was even any life on Earth to begin with, or during the dinosaur era?

IndigoErth 07-26-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1701940)
It also doesn't make sense because humans did not exist at the dawn of time. How could we be reincarnated before there was even any life on Earth to begin with, or during the dinosaur era?

Ah, but who's to say it's restricted to Earth and only Earth beings reincarnate and only as other Earth beings?

What if you were some alien cat-like being on the opposite side of the universe last time...? Or something of a higher intelligence in a better world and your mildly negative 'karma' got you this life on Earth in this period of time?

Quote:

Do you believe in reincarnation?
No. It's like on the same level as astrology to me. It can be fun to pretend to believe and "next life" stuff and is a good figure of speech, and hell, I have had a pretend plan or two for "next lifetime," but do I genuinely believe in it, no.

plastroncafe 07-26-2017 01:52 PM

Is the universe an open or a closed system?

Cure 07-26-2017 01:57 PM

Nah. I believe in Heaven and Hell.

Candy Kappa 07-26-2017 01:59 PM

Does reincarnation even matter if it's real or not. It's essentially just recycling battteries, so a reincarnated person don't gain the past selves memories or skills, it's back to World 1-1 but a new game with new controls and no recollection of previous plays.

IndigoErth 07-26-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1701945)

My present pretend theory... A bunch of universes individually existing like a bunch of bubbles all stuck together. Closed, but together?

edit: Or maybe there are many, but we're just atoms inside a snow globe, alongside many other snow globes sitting on a shelf of impossible size.

FredWolfLeonardo 07-26-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1701945)

I believe its a closed system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1701948)
Nah. I believe in Heaven and Hell.

High five!

plastroncafe 07-26-2017 02:07 PM

Okay so reincarnation is out, but the system is closed.
So the number of souls is fixed, and there's a heaven and hell end point for them all.

So where do they start?
And what happens when the bank runs out?

Wesley 07-26-2017 02:11 PM

I'm open to the idea of it. Some things years ago reminded me of a few dreams I had a kid, so I guess it's possible.

FredWolfLeonardo 07-26-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1701956)
So the number of souls is fixed, and there's a heaven and hell end point for them all.

Yes, I believe that.

Quote:

So where do they start?

When they were created.

Quote:

And what happens when the bank runs out?

What do you mean by that? When the universe ends?

plastroncafe 07-26-2017 02:21 PM

Were all these souls created at the same time? And if so, what do they do prior to being born into a body?

And yeah, what happens when all the souls are sorted into Heaven or Hell. What happens after that?

Andrew NDB 07-26-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1701964)
Were all these souls created at the same time? And if so, what do they do prior to being born into a body?

They could be anything. They could be a microbe somewhere in the Virgo Galaxy.

Quote:

And yeah, what happens when all the souls are sorted into Heaven or Hell. What happens after that?
Well, presumably the Heaven folk at least get the option of reincarnation. I don't think the Hell folk get that option. But beyond that...

http://memeshappen.com/media/created...meme-23089.jpg

FredWolfLeonardo 07-26-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

I can't say, as it is not spoken about in my belief system. And I think its irrelevant to the overall purpose of the Abrahamic faiths.

Quote:

They stay where they belong, unless the souls change or something.

plastroncafe 07-26-2017 02:30 PM

Yeah, but we're assuming reincarnation is off the table.
So that means all souls were created at once, and they all exist now, but just aren't here. And that after they're here they're sorted either to The Good Place or The Bad Place.

And then...

Andrew NDB 07-26-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1701971)
Yeah, but we're assuming reincarnation is off the table.
So that means all souls were created at once, and they all exist now, but just aren't here. And that after they're here they're sorted either to The Good Place or The Bad Place.

And then...

Player 1 or Player 2 wins the bet?