The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Better Fast-Food Fries: McDonald's or Burger King (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58694)

The Deadman 09-08-2017 12:18 PM

Better Fast-Food Fries: McDonald's or Burger King

What fries do you prefer more?

Do you like McDonald's?

or Burger King's

Or do you prefer another chain's fries in general.

Andrew NDB 09-08-2017 12:24 PM

McDonald's fries are way better than Burger King's fries. Though Burger King may win out in the actual burger department.

Papenbrook 09-08-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1712464)
McDonald's fries are way better than Burger King's fries. Though Burger King may win out in the actual burger department.

I dunno. Burger King's fries taste better, at least to me.

Personally, I think the McDonald's fries are way too tasteless. Additionally, they always feel cold and soggy. As a result, they always taste ... weird. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Other than that, I agree about the actual burger department.

Powder 09-08-2017 12:30 PM

BK fries are way better than Mc'D's fries. More potato-y, thicker, just overall tastier. & they re-heat well, which you can't say for the Clown's fries.

ProphetofGanja 09-08-2017 12:31 PM

I used to like BK's fries more than McD's but the last few times that I've been to BK the fries have been really sucky... maybe it's just the BK by my house, I guess I'd have to test that hypothesis.

I'm still not crazy about McDonald's fries though. They seem to get soggy really fast.

Give me fries from Checkers/Rally's (depending on where you live) any day of the week

Candy Kappa 09-08-2017 12:42 PM

fresh Mc'D fries are better then BK's, same with the McNuggets. But BK's burgers and chili cheese bites are way better.

Andrew NDB 09-08-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1712470)
I dunno. Burger King's fries taste better, at least to me.

They can taste better... but very inconsistent. McDonald's fries are always consistently good.

Krutch 09-08-2017 01:08 PM

Five Guys Burgers and Fries'..fries.

FredWolfLeonardo 09-08-2017 01:10 PM

I've had both and in my country atleast, BK fries are much better since theyre bigger, crispier and better tasting.

Andrew NDB 09-08-2017 01:16 PM

Now, Wendy's fries are interesting. They're extra potato-ey but still pretty crisp, and it's a bit like biting into a jojo or something. Have to be in the mood for them but they're pretty good.

Worst fries? Jack in the Box fries (the regular ones, not seasoned ones). Greasy and awful, 10 out of 10 times. Same consistency as the fries in any hole in the wall burger joint on any strip.

Cure 09-08-2017 02:22 PM

Checkers, **** outta here with the rest.

Fun fact: if you want an indicator to tell you if you're in the hood, look for a Checkers. The opposite is true for Barnes & Noble.

ToTheNines 09-08-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1712501)

Fun fact: if you want an indicator to tell you if you're in the hood, look for a Checkers. The opposite is true for Barnes & Noble.

Or Pier One.

DarkFell 09-08-2017 03:30 PM

Arby's Curly Fries, or the fries from Freddie's Frozen Custard. Whataburger's fries are okay too.

I'm pretty much done with McD's fries - they have been on the bland side lately.

As for BK, I've been wanting to try their Chicken Fries.

FredWolfLeonardo 09-08-2017 03:52 PM

I got a really sweet deal at BK, 2 Buffalo chicken fries (spicy chicken fries basically) for the price of one, less than 4 USD

The Deadman 09-08-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1712501)

I have a Checkers right down the street from me and it's surrounding other businesses so that's not always the case :lol:

IndigoErth 09-08-2017 04:09 PM

Either. I don't care for McDonald's (much prefer Burger King), but I'll at least eat their fries. Though I have fast food so rarely I can't say I've noticed a difference in fries at either place.

Now... Royal Farms' "Western Fries," that are pretty much fries in name only... those are some potato wedges right there, pretending to be fries. :P

TurtleWA 09-08-2017 05:47 PM

Depends on what I'm looking for. If I want to just keep eating a salty treat and not get that full it's McD. If I want something a little more hearty it's BK fries. If I'm feeling really wild I just might put the McD fries on the burger. Nom nom.

MrPliggins 09-08-2017 07:38 PM

It really depends on how much salt they decide to put on them on any given day. Sometimes there is more salt than fries. I prefer Red Robin's unlimited fries.

At McD's, I'm one of those weird ones who likes to order fries and a vanilla cone and dip the fries into the ice cream.

ProphetofGanja 09-08-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPliggins (Post 1712572)
At McD's, I'm one of those weird ones who likes to order fries and a vanilla cone and dip the fries into the ice cream.

Oh hell yea

I love doing that at Wendy's with a chocolate frosty

BubblyShell22 09-09-2017 04:53 PM

I like both really. Don't have a problem with either. Also like Arby's and Wendy's fries too.