The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT #73 preview & discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58431)

AlZarkovski 07-28-2017 07:05 AM

TMNT #73 preview & discussion

Preview here.

oldmanwinters 07-28-2017 07:52 AM

It's funny when the publishing schedule works it out to have consecutive issues distributed one week apart. Almost feels like the old Mirage days!

ChosenOne 07-28-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1702490)
It's funny when the publishing schedule works it out to have consecutive issues distributed one week apart. Almost feels like the old Mirage days!

This is probably one of those rare occasions where, more than a funny coincidence, it is actually warranted by the storytelling since Dimension X starts next week as well and it quite probably spins off the events of #73. It all works out nicely this way.

ProphetofGanja 07-28-2017 08:57 AM

Nice

I wonder if we'll be getting a preview for TMNTDX #1 today too

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-28-2017 09:17 AM

So much fun. :tgrin:

Utrommaniac 07-28-2017 09:41 AM

The first three pages have already been on the iBooks preview, but I still dig them so much.

Krang pretty much spent the entirety of the main line in his suit, save for when he was exploring a terraformed area of the island, so to see him out of it is glorious. Contrary to what Hakk-R states, that cell must be roomy compared to being packed in a suit that he probably would have only used for combat in any other part of his life. The frame of him jumping off the bed to get the...USB???...is probably the most dynamic pose we've seen for an Utrom in this entire run, something I've had trouble drawing, and I love it! Also kind of answers how they'd get on/off beds that are taller than they are, but I'd think that would get exhausting. I've been giving them something of a mashup of dog beds and Japanese floor mattresses. The hard edge of the prison bed seems like a good way to accidentally smack yourself in the face climbing up on it.

I also noticed there's a massive difference in Krang's tentacles from Hakk-r's - his having a lot more muscle and rigidity except at the end, maybe like an arm without bone and more of a singular support nerve, like an extra thick spinal cord, while Hakk-r's is a little more "classical" bunch of nerves and flexibility.

Interesting that Mike thinks Krang would have life imprisonment, considering that he just met some Utroms that were alive in the Cretaceous, and should have realized that Utroms have too long a lifespan for that.

Pepperoni, no!!!

AquaParade 07-28-2017 11:24 AM

Very cool that this book has reached issue #73.

I'm waiting for a substantial change in direction before I dive back in, but I'm always waiting in the wings and checking out an issue every few months.

oldmanwinters 07-28-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1702531)
Very cool that this book has reached issue #73.

I'm waiting for a substantial change in direction before I dive back in, but I'm always waiting in the wings and checking out an issue every few months.

What, you want a new editor?

neatoman 07-28-2017 11:35 AM

So how tangled up is this going to be with the mini? Isn't the mini about collecting the witnesses before Hakk-R can get to them? So why is he given the list here rather than in the mini?

Utrommaniac 07-28-2017 11:36 AM

It seems like the Trial arch is going to have that change in direction somewhere.

CyberCubed 07-28-2017 12:00 PM

This arc looks very interesting, and it's about time we got back to Krang since he hasn't appeared in ages. I wonder, are all those Utroms who woke up at Burnow Island going to be at the trial too? I imagine they would, wouldn't they? They need to know about Krang's crimes and it would probably lead to them finding a new home.

ProphetofGanja 07-28-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1702535)
So how tangled up is this going to be with the mini? Isn't the mini about collecting the witnesses before Hakk-R can get to them? So why is he given the list here rather than in the mini?

Synergy, yo.

Utrommaniac 07-28-2017 12:32 PM

It appears to be going

DX 1-5

Again, iTunes has the preview for this and DX1, where the turtles are already looking for the first witness

AquaParade 07-28-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1702533)
What, you want a new editor?

I like Bobby as an editor. In fact, I like the whole team. Especially the fact that Kevin is a part of it. I don't want to sound too critical, because I know the book works for a lot of people, and that's great.

I find the issues to heavy with stiff dialogue and the stakes hard to buy into. The latter being a problem with a lot of mainstream comics.

But these are just my opinions. and I do enjoy things about the book - bold, fresh take on the origin, fantastic artists - just not enough to be there every month.

Thanks for the reply, btw!

ProphetofGanja 07-28-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1702548)
It appears to be going

DX 1-5

Again, iTunes has the preview for this and DX1, where the turtles are already looking for the first witness

iTunes previews suck :(:roll:

Utrommaniac 07-28-2017 01:08 PM

I think if you have iBooks, you can get bigger previews. I was able to. Just have to click "view in iBooks"

AlZarkovski 08-01-2017 01:27 PM

Two new pages: (SPOILERS!!)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-01-2017 01:39 PM

Well DAMN!!!

I am still dying to know why somebody isn't freaking out trying to squish all the little Ooties. :tgrin:

Redeemer 08-01-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1702557)
I like Bobby as an editor. In fact, I like the whole team. Especially the fact that Kevin is a part of it. I don't want to sound too critical, because I know the book works for a lot of people, and that's great.

I find the issues to heavy with stiff dialogue and the stakes hard to buy into. The latter being a problem with a lot of mainstream comics.

But these are just my opinions. and I do enjoy things about the book - bold, fresh take on the origin, fantastic artists - just not enough to be there every month.

Thanks for the reply, btw!

I agree about the "stakes hard to buy into" the story doesn't feel grounded out all and just to far out there since post #50. I still buy the issues bc I enjoy it, but I am not as excited to read TMNT as I use to be. I think my other problem is the art. I just don't like the design they are using for the turtles.

CyberCubed 08-01-2017 02:48 PM

That second page isn't loading for me, is it for anyone else?