The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Rick and Morty Season 3 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57690)

ProphetofGanja 06-29-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPug (Post 1694776)

oh sweet jesus finally, it's here!!!

it's nice knowing when exactly this is coming

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1693357)
I forgot to mention I caught up with R&M, great show, though S2 is not as strong as S1, I hope they don't let the "how deep" the show is gets to the heads of the show runners.

hmm really? I guess I've never compared the two seasons to each other; there both pretty good to me and there are favorites of mine in each, as well as a couple that I didn't care for as much as all the others

DestronMirage22 06-29-2017 10:26 PM

S3 looks promising!
Can't wait! :D

ProphetofGanja 06-30-2017 09:41 AM

I can't wait to see why Rick decides to turn himself into a pickle :lol:

sdp 06-30-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja (Post 1694823)
hmm really? I guess I've never compared the two seasons to each other; there both pretty good to me and there are favorites of mine in each, as well as a couple that I didn't care for as much as all the others

I didn't mean to compare them but I did notice that the second season had more forced "look we're such an intelligent show" and "look how deep we are with philosophy and emotions". They tried too hard in some places where int he first season it felt more natural.

I still love it and ended up marathoning the whole show in about a week because I was hooked and can't wait to see more episodes but yeah, it was just something I noticed.

snake 08-06-2017 10:11 PM

Jesus christ, why do you redditors like this show again? That Pickle Rick episode was some of the worst television I've seen in my life.

The fight with pickle rick and the rats was fun tho.

raph27 08-07-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1705444)
Jesus christ, why do you redditors like this show again? That Pickle Rick episode was some of the worst television I've seen in my life.

The fight with pickle rick and the rats was fun tho.

Worst television of your life? I wasn't impressed with the episode, but I didn't think it was that bad.

To be fair both this episode and the last one (the Mad Max parody) didn't seem near as good as the rest of the show. I hope season 3 gets better, especially after the premiere which I did really like.

Andrew NDB 08-07-2017 02:50 PM

I thought the pickle episode was hysterical. The Fury Road one wasn't bad either.

snake 08-07-2017 03:17 PM

The pickle parts were funny. Everything else was really bad. Rick talks down a race of space amazons and is cruel to everyone yet doesn't do anything when a therapist starts patronizing him? Completely out of character.

AT-Man 08-07-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1705626)
The pickle parts were funny. Everything else was really bad. Rick talks down a race of space amazons and is cruel to everyone yet doesn't do anything when a therapist starts patronizing him? Completely out of character.

Maybe she's just that smart of a talker.

PApagreg 08-07-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1705626)

What can he do, she pretty much said what Rick was thinking when he has to deal with the more mundane parts of his life.

ProphetofGanja 08-07-2017 04:23 PM

The first three episodes of this season have all been pretty good.

Pickle Rick was a pretty well-balanced episode, Rick's pickle storyline juxtaposed against the rest of the family at therapy made for good television

NinjaPug 08-07-2017 04:30 PM

Yeah I really liked the Pickle Rick episode. The recycling shaming bit was great.

Andrew NDB 08-07-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPug (Post 1705646)
Yeah I really liked the Pickle Rick episode. The recycling shaming bit was great.

lol... that bit was just so random, I was howling.

Utrommaniac 08-07-2017 09:53 PM

Yeah, the Pickle Rick was a little dumb, but honestly, they missed a Chris Chan joke with someone saying "The Pickle Man tricked me again". It was a little oddly violent for Rick as far as I'm concerned, since there was really no reason for it; he usually has one, but this just seemed like violence for violence's sake.

I did like the joke about Rick putting a bottle in the recycling where it belonged. And the family therapy B plot.

Andrew NDB 08-07-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1705739)
Yeah, the Pickle Rick was a little dumb

I wasn't on board with it until the cockroach brain meddling part... then it was great.

The eating poo stuff never really landed for me.

Utrommaniac 08-07-2017 10:10 PM

I think the thing I liked the most was the addition of Jaguar. He's definitely coming back, especially now that the "infinite daughters" is in the air.

Plus he seems pretty cool...kind of Bird Person-ish.

Redeemer 08-07-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1705740)
I wasn't on board with it until the cockroach brain meddling part... then it was great.

Maybe some of the best scenes Ive seen through out the whole season :lol:
It was great.

I didn't have high hopes for this episode after reading some of the comments in this thread, but I was pleasantly surprised. :D

Cant wait to see the rest of the episodes. Also wondering when
Spoiler:
Bird Person will make his return

Andrew NDB 08-07-2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1705741)
I think the thing I liked the most was the addition of Jaguar. He's definitely coming back, especially now that the "infinite daughters" is in the air.

That WAS Machete, right? It was, yes? If so, it's funny he's playing such a similar role to his Nick TMNT part.

Minus, you know, the mass bloodshed.

Utrommaniac 08-07-2017 10:27 PM

Well, one of the end credits of the April Fools showed
Spoiler:
Bird Person being reconstructed as a cyborg and calls himself Phoenix Person...which is awesome. Still married to Tammy, I guess???

sdp 08-23-2017 11:26 AM

New season is definitely on the weak side. I still enjoy it but not as much as before.