The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Latest electronics purchases (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=32069)

gobo 10-10-2010 05:37 PM

Latest electronics purchases

Just got me a Hauppauge WinTV USB Stick! It's sooooooooooooo much less fuss than a video capture card. ^_^

Candy Kappa 10-10-2010 06:33 PM

got me some laptop. Not the best but good enough to run most games and do some 3D modeling.

10-27-2010 04:28 PM

Bought myself a new Sony Bravia TV. I finally have money, so I wanted to do a bit of upgrading. My own Xbox 360 is next on the list.

11-29-2010 06:00 AM

Finally ordered parts for building a new computer! I'm ready to join the gaming master race, as people call it. :)

JameO 11-30-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ai (Post 808871)
Finally ordered parts for building a new computer! I'm ready to join the gaming master race, as people call it. :)

What are going to be the specs on this desktop you are building?

11-30-2010 10:47 AM

I didn't want to spend too much, as I plan on just upgrading later, but I pieced together a build that'll be good for a year until I upgrade it.

ANTEC case
Corsair 800W power supply
Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
4gb DDR3 RAM
ATI HD 5770
60gb SSD drive (OS)
1TB drive

I'd say in a year I'll upgrade the RAM and video card.

JameO 12-03-2010 05:53 AM

That is a nice setup. I am still milking my quad core, but been wanting an i7.

12-03-2010 06:04 AM

Thanks. I've always been an AMD guy, so I went that route, but I was heavily considering an i7 before I ordered my parts. My next build will probably be an Intel.

Spitfire 12-03-2010 01:52 PM

Got a new LG 20 inch LED monitor on Black Friday. Now I can edit and color correct HD footage with confidence. My old one was too washed out.

gobo 12-03-2010 02:13 PM

Epson EX5200 multimedia projector
80" pulldown screen
Bose CineMate GS Series II digital home theater speaker system

Not long now before I have my own, personal movie theater setup to screen Turtles Forever - Director's Cut on. :evilgrin: MWAHAHAHA!

Oh, yeah. I also bought a Bose Wave connect kit for my Wave system & iPode (spelled wrong on porpoise).

Storm Eagle 12-18-2010 09:45 AM

The last thing I ever got myself was a DSlite, and that was back in 2008.

If this counts, I actually got a DVD player a couple of weeks ago, to replace the one I had that eventually stopped working after eight years of use. The replacement I got is also the same model.

Peanut 01-03-2011 09:44 PM

I, once again, upgraded my TV situation, it's becoming a terrible and extremely expensive habit. Got a 60" Sharp Aquos Quattron for the living room, brought the 52" Toshiba into the spare room/soon to be game room, took the 47" Samsung into the bedroom and took the 37" Dell monitor I was using as a TV in the bedroom into the spare room and hooked it up as a computer monitor.

Sh*t be bangin' on that front. I also got a new Sony SS setup, but I haven't had the time to configure it properly yet. Still shakes the picture frames on the walls, though.

JameO 01-04-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut (Post 814026)
I, once again, upgraded my TV situation, it's becoming a terrible and extremely expensive habit. Got a 60" Sharp Aquos Quattron for the living room, brought the 52" Toshiba into the spare room/soon to be game room, took the 47" Samsung into the bedroom and took the 37" Dell monitor I was using as a TV in the bedroom into the spare room and hooked it up as a computer monitor.

Sh*t be bangin' on that front. I also got a new Sony SS setup, but I haven't had the time to configure it properly yet. Still shakes the picture frames on the walls, though.

I have been wanting to get some good speakers. How are the SS's? Other than it shaking the walls.

Peanut 01-04-2011 09:53 PM

Honestly? Something with that kind of power is only necessary if you're able to crank it, but it's still awesome at lower levels, especially with the optional rear and side speakers.

JameO 01-05-2011 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut (Post 814187)
Honestly? Something with that kind of power is only necessary if you're able to crank it, but it's still awesome at lower levels, especially with the optional rear and side speakers.

Interesting. I have been needing a new setup, these crappy RCA surrounds I have is just not cutting it. Not sure the model as I got it at a reduced price and wasn't in original boxes. But the rear and side speakers don't really provide the surround experience I feel it should. Thanks for the information.

Powder 01-15-2011 11:42 PM

A used Nintendo DS lite, I think was my most recent. I'm lovin' it.

Barkworm 01-15-2011 11:45 PM

I bought an HTC Desire. Not that I needed a smartphone but I thought why the hell not.

Ninja Turtles 25 Years 03-25-2011 03:28 PM

I didn't buy this product, but my dad got me a Sony 3-D Blu-Ray player with Wi-Fi, and what I call "Blu-Ray Channels." I love it. Although when I get work, pay off my past debts, I like to invest in one of those 3D HDTVs. I like to get one of those really thin models that you'd find at Best Buy's Magnolia department. I mean I got my first 3D Blu-Ray movie (Resident Evil Afterlife) before New Years, but since I don't have an emitter for my 42" Plasma HDTV, I can't view it on my 3D Blu-Ray player.

gobo 03-25-2011 11:05 PM

So... You're saying it's all just a really expensive paperweight for now? O_o

Powder 03-25-2011 11:13 PM

I got a graphics tablet!!!!! It arrived in the mail today. I love it already.