The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SDCC Exclusive NECA TMNT Speculation (2019) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61417)

mikey see 07-18-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey0 (Post 1813011)
Probably not. I don’t think NECA will ever do an Archie Comics TMNT series.

I don't know, NECA loves them some repaints. I'm guessing we'll see a normal version of Slash at some point. Heck, we might get four more versions of Slash at the rate they're going. How many times have these same turtles sculpts been sold with different labels on the package?

Coro 07-18-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverNinja (Post 1813010)
I am so SOO psyched about the April and Casey figures. After owning so many craptastic April figures, we finally get one that looks like the '87 cartoon.

I'm also pretty amped about BeBop, Rocksteady, Metalhead, Leatherhead and even owning more foot soldiers. I'm even super psyched about the new colors of the TMNT figures. I liked the previous version, but I definitely wanted lighter without it being the arcade versions. Sure, I'd love more of the movie versions (mostly Casey because I doubt we will ever see an April).

I have seen mention of Slash being sold separately, but I only keep running into the 4-pack containing the Turtles in Time arcade set (Donnie, Leo, Foot and Slash). Was there ever an option to purchase JUST Slash online?

I havent posted mine for pre-order yet, only because I dont know the case pack out. If there are 4 slash in the case of 14 then they should go up in single form. If hes shortpacked though? Get ready for the after market

oldmanwinters 07-18-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelu1984 (Post 1813008)
Thank you :)

https://i.ibb.co/98z7X0w/april22.jpg
upload pic

I think the Neca's April is pretty good but maybe the head needs a bit smaller. Either way I'm very happy to finally see this version :)

Glorious, Zelu!

Have you a picture of your three April customs side by side?

Turnstone 07-18-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelu1984 (Post 1813008)
Thank you :)

https://i.ibb.co/98z7X0w/april22.jpg
upload pic

I think the Neca's April is pretty good but maybe the head needs a bit smaller. Either way I'm very happy to finally see this version :)

Quite nice but I still like NECA’s better.

Browne762 07-18-2019 09:39 AM

I wish they would make the arcade backdrop images they use in the marketing pictures available to download and print.

zelu1984 07-18-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1813020)
Glorious, Zelu!

Have you a picture of your three April customs side by side?

Sadly no :( One was commision so she is gone, and the other one is in loft with Turtles waiting for their turn lol This is the only one I have on display.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turnstone (Post 1813023)
Quite nice but I still like NECA’s better.

I like Neca's body better for sure, Marvel Legends body will always have that ML look but I think Neca's head needs work. Definitively the chin is too long and the nose is off and I wish the head was a bit smaller. Either way I will buy 2 :D
https://i.ibb.co/BKjcbjF/IMG-5686-scaled-800.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/7bb141W/IMG-5666-scaled-800.jpg
names that have z in them

mikey0 07-18-2019 10:12 AM

April’s collar, flaps to her pockets, and lug to her watch all look orange. :(

I hope the NECA toy designer who does these corrects that and makes the collar, flaps, and lug all yellow. I was not a fan of the 5th series April (1990) from the original Playmates toy line. That April repaint was the easiest figure to find everywhere in the early 90s because that April obviously looked nothing like the April from the cartoon. I would expect Super 7 to put out an April with the orange collar, not NECA.

AquaParade 07-18-2019 10:23 AM

I'm really hoping they will dip back into the Mirage side of things at some point. I feel like there is still a lot of potential there.

italianice388 07-18-2019 10:31 AM

I really need some of these cartoon two packs. How do you all recommend ensuring that I get some? I heard the last few waves were notoriously hard to find at Target. Any tips, tricks, wisdom? Will they be up for pre-order anywhere?

Redrumh2o 07-18-2019 10:35 AM

FYI......EE has the TIT (hehe) sets up w/ free shipping + 5% off if you use Ebates/Rakuten

Redrumh2o 07-18-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1813044)
I'm really hoping they will dip back into the Mirage side of things at some point. I feel like there is still a lot of potential there.

A NECA tweet from them yesterday said there are currently no plays to do so :(

D Piddy 1982 07-18-2019 10:44 AM

I feel like I might have missed something, but I’ve always wondered why TMNT fandom is so hell bent on having Fred Wolf Casey as part of the ‘must have’ in sets for that series. As far as I can remember he only appeared in a handful of episodes, so in that series he is just as prominent as other lesser characters. Perhaps it’s because of his legacy in all other TMNT versions that completionists feel he should always be in this set but for me there are other characters I would rather see before him. Splinter! Neutrinos, Leatherhead (I know he is coming), Punk Frogs (I would love the Punk Frogs). Like I said, maybe the years have clouded my mind, perhaps someone could fill me in on this constant clamour for Fred Wolf Casey?

p.s. don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they have made him! Just wonder why people go gaga over this particular version…

Redrumh2o 07-18-2019 10:48 AM

I think it is more because of the action figure. Just about everyone I knew had it. I feel like when it was released the turtles were sold out so I got a Casey instead.

I agree....as for the cartoon he is hardly memorable...but boy did I love that figure

mikey0 07-18-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italianice388 (Post 1813050)
I really need some of these cartoon two packs. How do you all recommend ensuring that I get some? I heard the last few waves were notoriously hard to find at Target. Any tips, tricks, wisdom? Will they be up for pre-order anywhere?

Try the Targets in the lesser known cities in the US (I.e. - Cheektowaga, NY, Richmond, Virginia, and Monroe, NY).

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 (Post 1813057)
I feel like I might have missed something, but I’ve always wondered why TMNT fandom is so hell bent on having Fred Wolf Casey as part of the ‘must have’ in sets for that series. As far as I can remember he only appeared in a handful of episodes, so in that series he is just as prominent as other lesser characters. Perhaps it’s because of his legacy in all other TMNT versions that completionists feel he should always be in this set but for me there are other characters I would rather see before him. Splinter! Neutrinos, Leatherhead (I know he is coming), Punk Frogs (I would love the Punk Frogs). Like I said, maybe the years have clouded my mind, perhaps someone could fill me in on this constant clamour for Fred Wolf Casey?

p.s. don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they have made him! Just wonder why people go gaga over this particular version…

Fred Wolf Casey is the scariest version of Casey Jones to date. One of my cousin’s friends once thought FW Casey was a Jason Voorhees knock-off.

AquaParade 07-18-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrumh2o (Post 1813054)
A NECA tweet from them yesterday said there are currently no plays to do so :(

Ah, shoot. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe Mondo's line will continue.

inaheap 07-18-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 (Post 1813057)

I'll agree with you on Splinter for sure. Not that Casey won't end up in my collection. I'd say they probably just want to leave some main characters for future waves.

mikey0 07-18-2019 12:51 PM

Does anyone know if repaints of the turtles will be released within every two or so waves for the Fred Wolf 2 pack series?

Btown 07-18-2019 01:48 PM

Really hoping to see the preorder for Slash to go up soon. I see the Leo and Donnie. Honestly I should just do the 4 pack but I just want the Slash more than anything haha

I Crave Pizza No More 07-18-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Btown (Post 1813113)
Really hoping to see the preorder for Slash to go up soon. I see the Leo and Donnie. Honestly I should just do the 4 pack but I just want the Slash more than anything haha

Right, and for those of us who already have the arcade turtles, it's sort of silly to have to double-dip on them, whatever slight differences there are.

italianice388 07-18-2019 04:22 PM

I really hope they do an Archie line. Mutanimals. Slash repaint. I feel like the Archie Leatherhead design was the most iconic, and the one I remember the most. Ray Man. Mondo Gecko. Wingnut. Would be amazing.