The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   General discussion / Latest purchases / Currently Playing? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=21346)

Powder 10-21-2017 03:10 PM

You're terrible.

Prowler 10-22-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1718587)
Came here to talk about Pokemon and saw this post first.

Anyways, I finally did it! After all these years, a dream became a reality. I can't describe how happy I feel :)

I finally caught all 150 Pokemon! It was a long and hard ride, using Pokemon Yellow, Red and Crystal to obtain every Pokemon legitimately and trade between games.

I know that a simple hack nowdays can give it all to you in a second nowdays, but nothing feels better than putting your heart and soul into catching em all the real way.

I'm still trying to catch several pokémon in Omega Ruby and evolving the ones I have never trained. Thank God this game has Exp All which makes it a lot easier and faster to raise Pokémon without actually playing as them.

That being said, I dunno if I want to catch every single Pokémon from the first 3 gens. I think I'll be fine with just 98% of them or something. Catching every single Pokémon ever? Eh I can live without doing that.

CyberCubed 10-22-2017 11:59 AM

Nobody really completes the pokedex anymore in Pokemon games, there's just no point. Back in the RBY era it was easy because there was only 151 pokemon, and besides Mew you can get everything easy if you have two games.

Nowadays there's 803 total pokemon. Anyone looking to complete even the regional dex is an insane amount of work.

Prowler 10-22-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1723349)
Nobody really completes the pokedex anymore in Pokemon games, there's just no point. Back in the RBY era it was easy because there was only 151 pokemon, and besides Mew you can get everything easy if you have two games.

Nowadays there's 803 total pokemon. Anyone looking to complete even the regional dex is an insane amount of work.

I think Mew was given to you as an award for getting the 150 Pokémon?

I'm sure some people have caught every pokémon up to date. Especially if they're teenagers or under 22 and have a lot of free time. And ofc, there is that hack to get all of the pokémon. And some people play hacked pokémon roms on emulators where they can get all pokémon more easily. Speaking of which, has anyone here played pokémon reborn?

I, too, think it's pointless to automatically get every pokémon through a hack in a matter of seconds. I mean, sure getting 803 pokémon sounds like a hassle but getting all of them in 2 seconds... what is even the fun in that? Man that's a probablem of modern society. Wanting instant gratification for everything.

How many pokémon do you have CyberCubed? I'm guessing about 500+?

I don't plan on getting all pokémon ever, but will try to get as many as possible, especially if they can be caught in the games I own or cna evolve through trades. I know some people who buy both versions of each generation to make that easier for them but screw paying 40 euro for Alpha Sapphire just so I can get Kyogre and other exclusives and other starters :lol:

Cure 10-22-2017 12:39 PM

Plenty of people catch them all. Katie from these very forums has all of them, I believe.

Prowler 10-22-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1723356)
Plenty of people catch them all. Katie from these very forums has all of them, I believe.

Well several people have been playing the series since the very first game until today. So with some dedication it's possible. But people who only played the first two generations and are playing Sun and Moon as their first pokémon games since 2001, it's gonna be a helluva lot harder for them to catch them all, since they have to get older games first and as adults wont' have as much free time to catch hundreds of pokémon in a year like they did when they were kids.

Tbh when I was a kid I used to catch less pokémon. I'd just focus on training my party and ended up reaching the elite 4 with a rather modest pokédex. Although getting more pokémon was useful to get certain items such as exp. all and itemfinder. I tended to get immersed in the story and battling and ended up forgetting about one of the main goals of the game being... well catching as many pokémon as you can. Fortunately, Gamefreak never made that mandatory or anything and more like a bonus to increase the replay value of the series than something required to beat it or fully enjoy it.

sdp 10-22-2017 12:55 PM

I'd say catching them has never been easier, many of the modern games have post-games were many hard to catch or previous legendarily are available and mythical pokemon are given fairly frequent with good distributions available in most places, it's a shame they actually went back a step by not making them wifi events anymore opting for in-store ones but back in Gen I Mew distributions were super rare and even worse for Celebi in Gen II. Gen III was also a mess, I believe Deoxys was only available at NASA one weekend. You also now have Pokemon Bank, so if you caught them all, any new gen you just have to catch that gen's new Pokemon and you have them all and new gens have less than 100 Pokemon.

I don't have a complete living Pokedex yet but that's because I'm lazy, the only mythical I'm missing is Hoopa, besides that I own every unobtainable and even rare Pokemon, to get them all I would just need to breed a few Pokemon, catch a few unowns and evolve a few Pokemon. Even with my super passive way of going at it, I'll eventually catch them all since with each gen I get closer to fulfilling the "past" pokedex and only leave a few holes in the latest one.

Prowler 10-22-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1723359)
I'd say catching them has never been easier, many of the modern games have post-games were many hard to catch or previous legendarily are available and mythical pokemon are given fairly frequent with good distributions available in most places, it's a shame they actually went back a step by not making them wifi events anymore opting for in-store ones but back in Gen I Mew distributions were super rare and even worse for Celebi in Gen II. Gen III was also a mess, I believe Deoxys was only available at NASA one weekend. You also now have Pokemon Bank, so if you caught them all, any new gen you just have to catch that gen's new Pokemon and you have them all and new gens have less than 100 Pokemon.

I don't have a complete living Pokedex yet but that's because I'm lazy, the only mythical I'm missing is Hoopa, besides that I own every unobtainable and even rare Pokemon, to get them all I would just need to breed a few Pokemon, catch a few unowns and evolve a few Pokemon. Even with my super passive way of going at it, I'll eventually catch them all since with each gen I get closer to fulfilling the "past" pokedex and only leave a few holes in the latest one.

ORAS does have a lot of legendaries indeed. Caught Ho-Oh and Suicuine in the past week

Powder 10-22-2017 02:31 PM

Recently did a full run of Metroid Prime. Started on 2 but got bored, think I need a bit of a cool-down period first. Playing a couple SMW hacks at the moment (as often is the case), nothing worth recommending, though. Oh! I got Miitopia a while back, it's ridiculously fun! Kinda like Tomodachi Life + Pokemon (but with very simplified traveling aspect).

Prowler 10-22-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1723381)
Recently did a full run of Metroid Prime. Started on 2 but got bored, think I need a bit of a cool-down period first. Playing a couple SMW hacks at the moment (as often is the case), nothing worth recommending, though. Oh! I got Miitopia a while back, it's ridiculously fun! Kinda like Tomodachi Life + Pokemon (but with very simplified traveling aspect).

Tomodachi Life + Pokémon? What do you mean exactly?

I have put more hours into Tomodachi than I am willing to admit tbh. The game is rather repetitive and not as good and fun as Animal Crossing... but still fun nonetheless. That being said, I dunno if I oughta get Miitopia or not.

Super Mario Maker also has a lot of great and challenging levels in every mode. It's like playing a brand new SMB/SMB3/SMW/NSMB game all in one.

Powder 10-22-2017 02:58 PM

If you liked TL that much, you'd adore Miitopia. It's got extra character customization (hair and eye colors fully scale the color spectrum now, allowing for more creative designs), & each class has a crap-ton of outfits/weapons whose colors can be changed as well. You've got the housing/feeding elements of TL + a lot of the same sort of character interaction humor & stuff, but the battles remind me of Pokemon. As you're following the paths, you have random encounters with wild monsters. You've got your team who each have a set of moves based on their respective powers, & when the enemies are defeated you sort of 'capture' their faces (which are stolen from other Mii across the land). It's not a terribly intricate battle system or anything, but there's magic, power-ups, healing, etc. Essential RPG sorta stuff. :trazz: There's a lot of character/celebrity Mii's which are different for every player (though some NPC's can be chosen/created by you), & they add a lot of personality to the game. It's amusing to no end seeing them in cut scenes or battle. For example, I've got Miyamoto Shigeru as a king, & Steve Harvey as a genie. It'd be a bit tough to describe it further, but it's good fun & a great time killer game. If you're skeptical, maybe watch a few minutes of a lets play video.

Prowler 10-22-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1723387)
If you liked TL that much, you'd adore Miitopia. It's got extra character customization (hair and eye colors fully scale the color spectrum now, allowing for more creative designs), & each class has a crap-ton of outfits/weapons whose colors can be changed as well. You've got the housing/feeding elements of TL + a lot of the same sort of character interaction humor & stuff, but the battles remind me of Pokemon. As you're following the paths, you have random encounters with wild monsters. You've got your team who each have a set of moves based on their respective powers, & when the enemies are defeated you sort of 'capture' their faces (which are stolen from other Mii across the land). It's not a terribly intricate battle system or anything, but there's magic, power-ups, healing, etc. Essential RPG sorta stuff. :trazz: There's a lot of character/celebrity Mii's which are different for every player (though some NPC's can be chosen/created by you), & they add a lot of personality to the game. It's amusing to no end seeing them in cut scenes or battle. For example, I've got Miyamoto Shigeru as a king, & Steve Harvey as a genie. It'd be a bit tough to describe it further, but it's good fun & a great time killer game. If you're skeptical, maybe watch a few minutes of a lets play video.

Wait that sounds like the Mii adventure RPG game in the Mii Plaza app.

shredder orokusaki 10-23-2017 12:28 AM

Finisshed evil within 2 an now i continue middle earth shadow of war, then i will start wolfestein new colosus and assasin creed origins on friday too. CANT WAIT TO KILL ALL NAZIS! I HATE GERMANS SO MUCH!! I HATE THEM I HATE THEM!

Powder 10-23-2017 12:32 AM

Don't be prejudiced against the German people, you stain.

Prowler 10-23-2017 12:06 PM

Yeah what did the Germans ever do to you, Saki? Aren't you supposed to be roleplaying as Shredder? When did Germans ever had anything to do with the Shredder or the TMNT universe? If you're gonna roleplay as a character online(as lame as it is...) at least do it right.

FredWolfLeonardo 10-23-2017 01:20 PM

I don't know much about gen 5 onwards in Pokemon since I never played Black/White but as far as I know, (not counting online trading and the console Pokemon games), traditionally getting all Pokemon is only realistic in the first 2 gens.

With gen 3 onwards, you have to reset Emerald 3 times and complete the Hoenn Pokedex 3 times just to get the Johto starters. In the first 2 gens, you only need a total of 4 games (with one game being traded with reset early on to give you two johto starters) but being able to complete the pokedex with only 4 games (Red, Yellow, Gold and Crystal) is doable yet satisfying in my opinion. Celebi is the only Pokemon in those games you can't get legitimately, but you don't need to capture it to get the Pokedex (Mew can easily be caught legitimately on the other hand)

Cure 10-23-2017 03:06 PM

Again, getting all the PKMN is "realistic" in any generation. I know plenty of people, online and IRL, who have done it. It's fine if you yourself don't wanna do it, but no need to lie to yourself or make excuses for it.

FredWolfLeonardo 10-23-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1723585)
Again, getting all the PKMN is "realistic" in any generation. I know plenty of people, online and IRL, who have done it. It's fine if you yourself don't wanna do it, but no need to lie to yourself or make excuses for it.

Those are just my personal reasons I like to share, not trying to justify anything as i said before. To me, its realistic to complete the Pokedex if I don't need to connect with Console Games, reset my games repeatedly, or use online trading etc. Don't see how that has anything to do with lying to myself.

Storm Eagle 10-23-2017 05:59 PM

I unlocked Star Fox 2 on my SNES Classic a few weeks ago, and I played it for the first time yesterday. It works kind of like Star Fox Command. It was hard to figure out the firs time, but I managed to finish it. Anyway, I think I prefer Star Fox 64. I might even prefer Star Fox Command over it.

TigerClaw 10-23-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1723617)
I unlocked Star Fox 2 on my SNES Classic a few weeks ago, and I played it for the first time yesterday. It works kind of like Star Fox Command. It was hard to figure out the firs time, but I managed to finish it. Anyway, I think I prefer Star Fox 64. I might even prefer Star Fox Command over it.

when you play Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Command, you can totally see that they borrowed from Star Fox 2, so many of its elements were incorporated in the other games.