The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   who the heck were Touch and Go? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61685)

Jester 07-27-2019 03:17 PM

who the heck were Touch and Go?

Watching Totally Turtles and the episode on us Touch and Go, but were the 2 of them ever really given an origin or anything?

CyberCubed 07-27-2019 03:22 PM

You don't remember them? They were in two episodes, this one and one of the Nobody episodes, and that was the last you saw of them. They were basically normal humans with some electrical powers.

Prowler 07-27-2019 03:41 PM

They weren't given any origin iirc. I didn't care much about them.

Honestly, 4kids were rather hit and miss when it came to making villains.

MikeandRaph87 07-27-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1814361)
Watching Totally Turtles and the episode on us Touch and Go, but were the 2 of them ever really given an origin or anything?

There were in two episodes of season 3. The first one "Touch and Go" saw Hun employ the James Bond villain rip offs with a symbiotic power up to distract the Turtles. They faced off with Michelangelo and Splinter and then again just a couple of episodes later appear in Nobody's Fool. I don't remember their exact role, but they distract Michelangelo and Leonardo and are act as fodder easily defeated by being kept apart. Raphael and Donatello never meet them and the assassins never appear again.

They also appear in Mutant Nightmare, the game that corresponds to this season.

Jester 07-27-2019 09:09 PM

I remember they were in the series, I just wondered if anything was really known about them.

Ninjinister 07-28-2019 04:20 AM

From TurtlePedia:

Quote:

Paul and Darby were twin brothers born in Scaramouche, Indiana. They were sent to separate orphanages and adopted to families on the opposite ends of the state. When they were teens, they began running with tough crowds. One night, the gangs each were associated with crossed paths to settle a long-standing turf war. Darby punched Paul, but found that not only was Paul uninjured, but they both activated a super power upon contact: Darby gained super strength and durability, while Paul was gifted superhuman speed and stamina. Realizing that this meant much more than their petty turf war, they both left their respective gangs and went on a long search to find that their mother was Touchango, an enemy of the original Justice Force who had the same powers that Paul and Darby both had. Thus, they began working together on contract work, hiring them selves out to whatever criminal element could pay their exorbitant fees.

The Turtle Terminator 07-28-2019 07:23 AM

Might be some info on Laird's blog for the episodes production

MikeandRaph87 07-28-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1814386)
I remember they were in the series, I just wondered if anything was really known about them.

I guess the simple answer is "no" then knowing Ninjister's pranking us with e description. Dan Berger may have notes available,but I would assume James Bond villain tribute plot devices that could only carry so far.

CyberCubed 07-28-2019 09:04 AM

They reminded me of Batman:TAS villains which is why I liked them.

The Turtle Terminator 07-28-2019 03:16 PM

Hated the characters originally, because it was a very boring episode compared to the rest of S3, but now I must admit I like the idea of the characters and the episode in general

Ninjinister 07-29-2019 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1814407)
I guess the simple answer is "no" then knowing Ninjister's pranking us with e description. Dan Berger may have notes available,but I would assume James Bond villain tribute plot devices that could only carry so far.

You narc :x

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 07-29-2019 01:55 AM

Touch and Go

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator (Post 1814406)
Might be some info on Laird's blog for the episodes production

https://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/

Searched for Touch and Go there

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-29-2019 08:28 AM

Loved me some Touch and Go.

Icebot 07-30-2019 03:42 PM

I’m guessing they’re robots.

That music band “The Cars” sang a song called “Touch and Go”. I always wondered if they were named after that song.

Leonardo2003 07-30-2019 04:57 PM

They made a great little boss in Mutant Nightmare.

Teddygaming reviews 09-01-2019 07:22 PM

They were okay but they could have been better if they showed up more

MikeandRaph87 09-01-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddygaming reviews (Post 1817977)
They were okay but they could have been better if they showed up more

Well, they were limited in concept because all you have to do is keep them apart until they run out of energy.

daggio 11-01-2019 10:42 AM

Too bad IDW didn't adapt these two characters and make them personas of Victor and Fabrice over in the IDW comic...two French guys for two French guys :lol:

Andrew NDB 11-01-2019 01:28 PM

"Who the heck were Touch and Go?" sounds like one of life's fundamental questions, really. We may never have an answer.