The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How long until the PD plants come back? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60931)

Andrew NDB 01-17-2019 02:10 PM

How long until the PD plants come back?

https://www.sciencenews.org/sites/de..._feat_free.jpg

Or are they already starting to come back?

newfan 01-17-2019 02:13 PM

Andrew :lol: That briefly crossed my mind the other day...… and doesn't the drome have an easier system for verifying new members now too? You might have your work cut out ..

I wasn't on here back in 2014, so missed all of that. Do you think it would be less this time if this movie does actually go ahead? You know seen as we had a reboot recently already?

neatoman 01-17-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1789731)
https://www.sciencenews.org/sites/de..._feat_free.jpg

Or are they already starting to come back?

2021, that's the estimated release date of the next movie, right? Unless it leaks that Krang is Baxter Stockman's mutated brain or something, then it'll be 2023...

Anyway, can we just get something decently made finally? The fact that the "good" TMNT movies are:
  1. The one about surfer dude puppets fighting a Foot clan made up of runaway kids
  2. The low budget animated movie that feels like its script was a scrapped Brendan Fraser Mummy sequel
Simply feels wrong.

Andrew NDB 01-17-2019 02:59 PM

As far as I'm concerned, anyone with a join date of 2014 or 2016 who returns from the void to talk up the new movie has a scarlet letter on them.

IndigoErth 01-17-2019 03:00 PM

I think it's still gonna be a while, bud... At least until we actually know something about it.

As for the sensitive plants, since that's the pic you used, maybe a bit longer, sometime within the actual promoting, where they actually really start facing debates and eventually can't hold it together.

Vicky82 01-17-2019 03:05 PM

Does Trick or Treater count :lol:

Autbot_Benz 01-17-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1789744)
Does Trick or Treater count :lol:

no he isn't a plant he is just a troll

Leo656 01-17-2019 08:05 PM

I did notice that a few long-dormant people have suddenly started to chirp again, and they were among the fiercest defenders of BayTurtles.

No such thing as coincidence so... Hmm.

"Send in the Clowns!" "They're already here!" :trazz:

It's pathetic that studios (and networks, AHEM) are so desperate to spin the cultural narrative in their favor that they insist on controlling message board conversations through proxies, but... Eh. What a time to be alive.

Andrew NDB 01-18-2019 10:35 AM

http://warehouse.carlh.com/article_1...ergeist_08.jpg

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 01-18-2019 10:50 AM

Brother, they never left...

IndigoErth 01-18-2019 11:46 AM

Nah-ah.

https://ohbriggsy.files.wordpress.co...k1-300x178.png

Vegita-San 01-18-2019 01:33 PM

even the worst of the argumentative plants, or disney investors, will eventually meet the ban hammer eventually.. so it all works out in the end :). somtimes it takes a while, though..and a political argument gone too far ;o)

Andrew NDB 01-18-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegita-San (Post 1789887)
even the worst of the argumentative plants, or disney investors, will eventually meet the ban hammer eventually..

Very few were outright banned. Most just went inactive after the blu-rays came out.

AquaParade 01-18-2019 04:11 PM

Honestly, I didn't even notice any plants back in the day. I'm not ready to say there were any, but I'm not outright saying there weren't either. I just never noticed. Maybe I was skimming posts too fast, idk.

I have a hard time seeing a motivation for a bunch of plants to come here. We have zero influence on anything here, even if we are some of the biggest tmnt fans.

The Deadman 01-18-2019 04:11 PM

Shark Blade is still here.

Leo656 01-18-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1789918)
I have a hard time seeing a motivation for a bunch of plants to come here. We have zero influence on anything here, even if we are some of the biggest tmnt fans.

The same reason Nickelodeon executives will hawk the board and demand that people be put in time out for saying things that they determine to be "mean" about their products.

It's all about controlling the narrative. Getting people to say and think what they, the corporation, want them to say and think. If not enough people are falling in line, they send people in to "direct" the conversation. Here, Facebook... anywhere on the internet where their products are being discussed.

They're not the only people who do it, keep in mind. Social media is huge business. Every big company that I'm aware of has people go "undercover" on their own websites and social media, as well as others, to increase positive comments and reduce negative ones. I've had to log in under an assumed name and leave online reviews about how awesome my company is; it's the marketing game in the 21st Century. If you can turn an entire "room" of people on to your line of thinking, that's a huge win.

It's cheap advertising, and it's absolutely happening everywhere. The fact that "we're the biggest TMNT fans" is all the motivation Nick needs to try and get your "vote" through forcible persuasion. They don't care what you think, BUT, they'd still really like your money.

They'd honestly be stupid NOT to do it, but it's f*cking annoying anyways.

AquaParade 01-18-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1789922)
The same reason Nickelodeon executives will hawk the board and demand that people be put in time out for saying things that they determine to be "mean" about their products.

It's all about controlling the narrative. Getting people to say and think what they, the corporation, want them to say and think. If not enough people are falling in line, they send people in to "direct" the conversation. Here, Facebook... anywhere on the internet where their products are being discussed.

They're not the only people who do it, keep in mind. Social media is huge business. Every big company that I'm aware of has people go "undercover" on their own websites and social media, as well as others, to increase positive comments and reduce negative ones. I've had to log in under an assumed name and leave online reviews about how awesome my company is; it's the marketing game in the 21st Century. If you can turn an entire "room" of people on to your line of thinking, that's a huge win.

It's cheap advertising, and it's absolutely happening everywhere. The fact that "we're the biggest TMNT fans" is all the motivation Nick needs to try and get your "vote" through forcible persuasion. They don't care what you think, BUT, they'd still really like your money.

I hear ya. Compelling argument and I'm not naive enough to think plants aren't all over social media these days. I guess the drome just feels like a dead-end to me for that sort of thing, as opposed to Facebook or something. You're def right about modern marketing tactics.

I guess I just need to see for myself. The Nickelodeon thing sounds interesting.

Leo656 01-18-2019 04:47 PM

To be safe, I'm generally just sh*tty to everyone until they prove they can take it, and after that, we're cool. I figure if it's good enough for Real Life, it's good enough for this place. :trazz:

Andrew NDB 01-18-2019 05:09 PM

It's not about changing the minds of us old-timers... it's more making so much "positive" noise about the product they're shilling, that our opinions become drowned out so the casuals will ignore us and just hear their FAKE positivity.

Watch closely as it'll probably happen again. A bunch of them joined the board last time and immediately befriended each other (you know, within their profiles) and then would swarm anyone saying bad things about 2016 and 2014 before it.

Prowler 01-18-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1789922)

This is why 1984 was such a great book.