The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ask a Question: IDW's TMNT Editor Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54235)

neatoman 06-21-2017 04:51 PM

First off, props to Ninjinister for noticing the mercenaries in U#11 were
Spoiler:
The Gang of Four, clues in the two names mentioned and the cyborg mercenary gimmick.

Here's my question, why were they made so different this time around? If it wasn't for Ninjinister pointing it out, I wouldn't have made the connection myself.

TigerClaw 06-21-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilSpooky (Post 1692491)
I'm all for Venus, she really deserves a worthy version to remove the bad taste Next Mutation left on the fandom, she's an interesting character on the right hands, and if someone can give her justice is you guys so if you think she has potencial then by all means go all in.

Actually I would love to see Mona Lisa appear in the IDW comics, a proper version of her, that isn't like the version depicted in the Nickelodeon series.

I hope you guys can bring her into the comics, she could be a Mutanimal, however I read that Hobs doesn't take kindly to human born mutants.

Bobby Curnow 06-21-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1692495)
Spoiler:
The Gang of Four, clues in the two names mentioned and the cyborg mercenary gimmick.

Here's my question, why were they made so different this time around? If it wasn't for Ninjinister pointing it out, I wouldn't have made the connection myself.

You'd have to ask the writer, Rich Douek, about that. That was all him.

ToTheNines 06-21-2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Spoiler:

All 4 were named.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1692503)
You'd have to ask the writer, Rich Douek, about that. That was all him.

It pleases me to hear that this was just a reference and not foreshadowing. I would HATE to see the Mutanimals all murdered.

Ninjinister 06-21-2017 09:08 PM

Does issue U11 have a title?

Quote:

Spoiler:

I can't take credit for that. I mean, I did notice on my own, but someone else mentioned it in the thread before me and I didn't even see it until later.

ChosenOne 06-21-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1692568)
I can't take credit for that. I mean, I did notice on my own, but someone else mentioned it in the thread before me and I didn't even see it until later.

Not sure, but I think that might've been me?

I didn't even know they were called the Gang of Four until today, much less their individual names, as I don't own those particular issues of Archie, but I saw the way they were behaving in Universe #11 and the cybernetic enhancements, and the lightbulb went off in my head. One quick Google search later, just to make sure (mixing up Venus and Mona Lisa once was quite enough as far as TMNT faux pas I want to make around here), and I brought it up on the thread.

Gotta say, these guys were probably the scariest antagonists in the IDW run so far. Sally, Ray and Dreadmon barely escaped... If they ever do come back, I hope they keep their "can-totally-shoot-the-Mutanimals-down-(again)-and-not-even-blink" demeanor.

Ninjinister 06-21-2017 09:35 PM

Possibly. I rarely notice who's posting unless I need to. Regardless, after I saw Fist and Waster's names, I was like "waiiiit a minute...."

ChosenOne 06-21-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1692581)
Possibly. I rarely notice who's posting unless I need to. Regardless, after I saw Fist and Waster's names, I was like "waiiiit a minute...."

On that note, I'm surprised it took this long for anyone to make the connection, given that Fist was named in the preview. I know I would've, if I had known or remembered their names. Then again, I suppose these four particular characters are far more remembered for what they did than what they're called...

ProphetofGanja 06-21-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1692568)
Does issue U11 have a title?

The Jersey Devil

Bobby Curnow 06-23-2017 12:59 PM

Open call for Ninja Notes letters! We're a little light for TMNT #73.

Write here and label as Ninja Notes or into "letters@idwpublishing.com"

neatoman 06-23-2017 01:45 PM

Ninja Notes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1693093)

Alright, time to take up space :).

"Greetings to you all, IDW staff and readers alike. Congrats on officially publishing the longest running TMNT comic ever, you really deserve it. This is quite possibly my favorite incarnation of the series yet, interesting stories and fresh takes that feel like they enrich the characters, without ever feeling like it goes too far. Sort of feels like it's somewhere in between the original comics and 2003 show with a lot of stuff added in as well, very seemlessly I might add. If it wasn't for your TMNT comics, I might have given up on TMNT after the 2003 show ended. Keep up the good work!

Sincerely, neatoman of the Technodrome Forums."

Shedder 06-23-2017 02:02 PM

Ninja Notes

dear TMNT Team,

First I have to say that I am loving this iteration of the TMNT. You all brought me back from my many year hiatus from the TMNT. They are my little escape back into childhood every month.

I was wondering how has the Ongoing series changed from when you first envisioned it? Did you see it going in one direction and then something came along and completely changed the path? I know the process is a group one but, are there any early ideas that went to the wayside that you can now share as the time for them has passed? Any characters you wanted but just don't work?

Is there any chance any of you making appearances north of the border (other then Kevin who is gracing us again this year. Thank you Kevin!)

My last question is what books do you find inspiration in and what are you currently reading now? do you even have time to read other books?

Thank you all again
Andrew Shead
Ontario, Canada

rich 06-23-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1693093)

Sent! Thanks for the opportunity Bobby.

funatic 06-23-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich (Post 1693115)
Sent! Thanks for the opportunity Bobby.

Seeing as how you have your own variant cover for the issue I hope you make it in! :D

DestronMirage22 06-24-2017 12:12 AM

I know reprintings isn't really your department, but do you know or have heard if there's any plans to reprint in some way some of the old TMNT manga? It would be awesome having physical copies of those stories translated in English.

dawwe 06-24-2017 09:54 PM

Now I can't speak for IDW or Bobby but while it would be nice to see some of the manga overe here I'm pretty sure that it's not going to happen. At least not any time in the near future. It might even be caught up in some legal stuff, but I can't be sure. But hey, never say never.

rich 06-24-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funatic (Post 1693201)
Seeing as how you have your own variant cover for the issue I hope you make it in! :D

:tgrin: that would be sweet!

Bobby Curnow 06-25-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 (Post 1693213)
I know reprintings isn't really your department, but do you know or have heard if there's any plans to reprint in some way some of the old TMNT manga? It would be awesome having physical copies of those stories translated in English.

I haven't heard that mentioned ever, so I don't think so.

DestronMirage22 06-26-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1693613)
I haven't heard that mentioned ever, so I don't think so.

Aw that's too bad.
Thanks for the response though! :D

DevilSpooky 06-26-2017 04:33 PM

Speaking of foreigner reprints, any chance of reprints of the Fleetway comics that where released on Europe together with the Archie originals? Some of those had stories on par with the current Amazing Adventures comics and they had gorgeous art and would deserve to be put on trades for everyone to enjoy. I know it's not really your department but are those even possible for you guys to pursue?