The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Human migration from Earth to Dimension X in the original series? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59118)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-15-2017 05:07 PM

Human migration from Earth to Dimension X in the original series?

In the 1987–1996 series episode "Splinter No More", it's claimed that some cultists used an abandoned subway station beneath Manhattan to open portals from Earth to Dimension X during the 1920's.

May this have caused some Human migration from Earth to Dimension X in that series? I'm not talking of any mass-migration like Stargate, probably just some few cultists. But still, because of this there may have been a planet somwhere in Dimension X with Earth-Humans?

Would you like if the series had explored this deeper? Or maybe would like it being put into future TMNT versions?

Panda_Kahn_fan 11-16-2017 07:50 AM

The cultists seem inspired by lovecraftian cultists, with the portal under new york, and the tentacled creature who came through the portal when shredder opened it. My guess is if those cultists made it to Dimension X, they fell prey to one of the many alien races there, or maybe settled on a small planet somewhere. I don't think they'd be a big enough of a presence to be of any threat to krang's army, or the Neutrinoes, or any of the others major powers of dimension X

pferreira 11-16-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1729004)
In the 1987–1996 series episode "Splinter No More", it's claimed that some cultists used an abandoned subway station beneath Manhattan to open portals from Earth to Dimension X during the 1920's.

I should watch that one again. I remember really liking it.

neatoman 11-16-2017 11:06 AM

Guess it would explain this:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140619192305

CyberCubed 11-16-2017 01:47 PM

The Federation from Mirage/4kids are blatant humans living in space. So maybe it's similar.

At least Neutrinos have elf ears, but there's no explanation for the human Federation.

neatoman 11-16-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1729230)
The Federation from Mirage/4kids are blatant humans living in space. So maybe it's similar.

At least Neutrinos have elf ears, but there's no explanation for the human Federation.

One of them is named "Johnson" in the Fugitoid Micro. From that I can deduce they were originally just going to be earthlings in the far future before it was retconned to fit with the TMNT world. I know that's not a very satisfying explaination, doesn't give an in universe reason, it's just worth noting.

CyberCubed 11-16-2017 02:04 PM

The only reason the Federation existed was just to give the Triceratons some other alien race to fight against.

However now later incarnations just make the Utroms or Neutrinos their enemies, and do away with the Federation altogether. I mean there's no reason for a human alien race to exist when you can use some of the other alien races in the franchise instead.

Prowler 11-16-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Yeah, it's kinda funny how they're humans living in space. Perhaps Eastman and Laird just couldn't think of any other alien race to fight against the Triceratons.

Funny enough, when the Fugitoid meets the Turtles, he says something like "I guess people from your own homeland look like you" :lol:

Anyway, there were also TONS of non-human species living in the Federation planets.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-16-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

At least Neutrinos have elf ears.

And born with psychokinesis-telekinetic abilities.

Ninjinister 11-24-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

I assumed it was a parallel evolution kind of thing. You know, like how Star Wars has humans on a bunch of different planets despite taking place "a long time ago".

Xav 11-24-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1729244)
Yeah, it's kinda funny how they're humans living in space. Perhaps Eastman and Laird just couldn't think of any other alien race to fight against the Triceratons.

They actually made the alien race human because they wanted to go against the typical concept of humanoids being the good guys.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-25-2017 12:02 PM

I rewatched some season 4 episodes (greatest Technodrome location ever), and noticed several Earthlike rocky planets visible from that Volcanic asteroid. One of them was even orbited by cosmic dust ("rings").