The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Kingsman: The Golden Circle (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54841)

ZariusTwo 03-28-2016 09:49 AM

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Quote:

Empire Magazine reveals that the Kingsman sequel will be titled Kingsman: The Golden Circle, and with that comes the first official concept art from the movie. Below, we see destroyed Kingsman HQ, the Statesman HQ (which is the American version of the spy organisation), and Poppyland, the secret lair of lead villain Poppy (played by Julianne Moore). It's after that attack that Eggsy and Merlin head to the US, an organisation led by a "swaggering, sharpshooting cowboy" called Jack and Halle Berry's Ginger.

Asked about his plans for The Golden Circle, director Matthew Vaughn said: "I didn't know if I wanted to direct this or not. I was worried about the villain. Spy films are only as good as their villains. Then one morning I woke up with the whole storyline in place, and a new villain plot." As for whether he intends to try and recreate that awesome church sequence from The Secret Service, he added, "You try not to read what people want, but they do want another church sequence. I have no reason for another massacre to happen. But I have other sequences you've never seen before." That will apparently include a skiing sequence, a barroom brawl, robot dogs, one-armed henchmen, and the heroes being attacked by what Vaughn calls, "a massive f***ing frankfurter." Awesome...
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/kingsm...ed-for-a132689

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 03-28-2016 11:02 AM

Ugh. Halle Berry...

Everything else, though, sure!

M.O.D.O.K. 03-31-2016 01:48 AM

That sounds absolutely insane.

Can't wait to see more.

ZariusTwo 04-08-2016 09:24 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cfc228_WwAARvI4.jpg

Firth returns

raph27 04-08-2016 05:23 PM

I love that poster.

NinjaPug 04-08-2016 05:44 PM

So Vaughn is definitely directing this? I thought he was only producing.

If Vaughn is coming back then I'll be there opening weekend.

Autbot_Benz 04-08-2016 05:46 PM

Dear Comic Book movie directors. STOP casting Halle Berry in them

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-08-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1566976)
Dear Comic Book movie directors. STOP casting Halle Berry in them

So say we all.

And how on Earth can Colin Firth have survived!? This adds to my hype so much!!!!

Mayhem 04-09-2016 04:07 AM

Grumbles about the propagation again of a mis-quote (it's not quite what Twain wrote), yeah... interested to see how this film explains that.

TigerClaw 04-12-2016 08:54 PM

Looks like Elton John is gonna be in the sequel.
http://collider.com/kingsman-2-elton-john/

NinjaPug 04-25-2017 06:44 PM

TigerClaw 07-20-2017 01:35 PM

Check out the new Red Band Trailer.

plastroncafe 07-20-2017 02:37 PM

Well this just about made my day:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-20-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1699985)
Well this just about made my day:

That absolutely made my day. :tlol:

ZariusTwo 09-20-2017 09:00 AM

Yeah, just saw it. It's pretty decent. not a patch on the first one, but it was still packed with fun concepts and a few interesting twists

Spoiler:
I did not expect the dog to be killed off.:|

One of Eggsy's friends discovers his secret, but dies immediately afterwards in the missile attack. Crass.

Lots of continuity call backs to the first one...right down to using the "shoot the dog" method of testing a Kingsman's character.

Harry's revival is explained well, and the method of preserving him is a plot point that comes back later.

So they went with a fictitious President, where as they went with Obama in the last one. I don't know how knee-deep they were into elections when this one was made, but the ending seems to be the last vestiges of post-Trumpmatic stress syndrome with the impeachment and the female taking power, even in a transitional role.

The best scene was right off the bat with the cab battle. Loved that Eggsy had to drive the battle-ravaged cab into the river with no windshield.

Elton John was gold here...kind of wish he had played a special "Wednesday Night's Alright" variation during the whole battle at Poppy's diner,

I think there's wiggle room to bring at least one character back in the third one, but I actually would have to choose between that one and one other major character that's killed off in the film...and I think there's no really no choice at all

But yeah, I liked it.

NinjaPug 09-20-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1715989)
Yeah, just saw it. It's pretty decent. not a patch on the first one, but it was still packed with fun concepts and a few interesting twists

Spoiler:
I did not expect the dog to be killed off.:|

One of Eggsy's friends discovers his secret, but dies immediately afterwards in the missile attack. Crass.

Lots of continuity call backs to the first one...right down to using the "shoot the dog" method of testing a Kingsman's character.

Harry's revival is explained well, and the method of preserving him is a plot point that comes back later.

So they went with a fictitious President, where as they went with Obama in the last one. I don't know how knee-deep they were into elections when this one was made, but the ending seems to be the last vestiges of post-Trumpmatic stress syndrome with the impeachment and the female taking power, even in a transitional role.

The best scene was right off the bat with the cab battle. Loved that Eggsy had to drive the battle-ravaged cab into the river with no windshield.

Elton John was gold here...kind of wish he had played a special "Wednesday Night's Alright" variation during the whole battle at Poppy's diner,

I think there's wiggle room to bring at least one character back in the third one, but I actually would have to choose between that one and one other major character that's killed off in the film...and I think there's no really no choice at all

But yeah, I liked it.

Does anything bad happen to JB (his pug)? Is JB even in it?

ZariusTwo 09-20-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPug (Post 1716018)
Does anything bad happen to JB (his pug)? Is JB even in it?

Spoiler:
JB's killed when the missiles hit.

The Princess gives him a new pug halfway through the film

NinjaPug 09-20-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1716034)
Spoiler:
JB's killed when the missiles hit.

The Princess gives him a new pug halfway through the film

Spoiler:
Crap. I was afraid something would happen to him. Thanks for the heads up

Andrew NDB 09-20-2017 11:35 AM

Spoiler:
Excellent. My wife is pug crazy, owns 6 of them... this will surely, palpably devastate her. She was visibly worried that JB was going to die in the last one.

ZariusTwo 09-21-2017 08:36 AM