The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   R.I.P. Chester Bennington (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58359)

TigerClaw 07-20-2017 12:15 PM

R.I.P. Chester Bennington

Chester Bennington, the singer from Linkin Park has died by committing suicide, he was 41 years old.
http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin...mmits-suicide/

ZariusTwo 07-20-2017 12:36 PM

Dammit, not him.

This is a band that really doesn't deserve half the flack it got from fans for daring to change their style. I always stayed loyal to them and loved most of their music long after their peak years [though their last album was a bit meek, I liked ''Heavy'']

I read he was close to the late Chris Cornell, and today was his birthday.:(

Vicky82 07-20-2017 12:49 PM

What?????? OMG that's shocking. I love Linkin Park.

RIP Chester :cry:

XERO 07-20-2017 01:11 PM

F*ck everything about today.

Storm Eagle 07-20-2017 01:15 PM

I was playing the "Hybrid Theory" CD in the car this past weekend while driving home from New Jersey. Days later, there's this news.

R.I.P. Chester.

sdp 07-20-2017 03:20 PM

This one hits close, Linkin Park was my first favorite band, I discovered them in 7th grade, this was when they were still a "small" band. I say that since they actually came to my town to tour and only small bands ever came and they weren't the headliners, Slipknot was. I remember asking people "Do you like Linkin Park?" And they would answer "I don't know where that is".

I downloaded all their songs on Napster and listened to them non-stop, bought the CD and basically they shaped my musical taste since I started looking for other bands like them which lead to nu-metal and harder and harder stuff which was what I listened to during my teens mostly.

I did grow tired of their first album since I listened to it so much and then many months later Linkin Park became huge and everyone and their mother listened to it so I would hear their stuff all the time to the point that I was sick of the band for being so overplayed. When their second album I had already moved on to "better" stuff and hated on Linkin Park but for the last few years I've always defended them, their first album is awesome, it was just so overplayed that I got sick of it, not because it was bad. Their second album is more of the same, which is not super interesting but it's not bad.

I always meant to check out their other albums but I still have yet to do that. I have seen tons of bands live and I also always wanted to see Linkin Park live, I had a few chances but could never pull the trigger since tickets were always too expensive for what I wanted to pay to see them and I wouldn't even be familiar with most of the songs that they would play anyway. I was seriously debating going on this upcoming tour which is now going to be cancelled I'm guessing. A shame I never got around to it.

Wesley 07-20-2017 03:32 PM

I don't believe it. This is sad and shocking. Rip Chester Bennington. I wasn't a big fan of Linkin Park, but I liked a few of their songs.

MsMarvelDuckie 07-20-2017 04:57 PM

I've liked some of their music, so this is sad to me. Listening to New Divide right now as a sort of tribute since it ismy favorite of their songs. RIP.

The-Shredder 07-20-2017 04:59 PM

It's really sad. You could really hear the pain he was going through in his songs, even the newest ones. The first YouTube video I ever watched was a TMNT "Numb" AMV, and I guess the reason Linkin Park's music was used a lot in videos like that was because it resonated with a lot of people.

THGhost 07-20-2017 06:02 PM

Linkin Park was one of the first bands I ever got into. Chester had such an amazing voice. I got to see them live back in 2014 where they played Hybrid Theory in its entirety. Good times.

R.I.P. Chester, hope you and Chris Cornell are reunited.

Leo656 07-20-2017 08:42 PM

Shark_Blade 07-20-2017 08:45 PM

I just watched this not long ago.

Autbot_Benz 07-20-2017 08:52 PM

Linkin Park was one of the first bands I got into besides Alien Ant Farm when I was in grade-middle school. I love Hybrid Theory Reanimation and Meteora 3 of the best albums ever. When they changed there musical style post Minutes to Midnight I jumped ship didn't care for it.

RIP Chester thanks for the great vocals and toons

MikeandRaph87 07-20-2017 09:03 PM

I know him as that "In The End" guy that I discovered in the second ever YouTube video I watched that was set as a tribute video. While that might be my only connection to Chad, it is sad someone who had music still to make and a family to be there for was driven to take his own life.

Hi, Leo.

triplexxx 07-20-2017 09:19 PM

A very great talent and wonderful voice, love a number of his and his team's hits, my favorite probably "Numb", his singing was magic. Hope his troubles are over & he's at peace now, RIP Chester.

Prowler 07-20-2017 09:22 PM

Sucks for him, his friends and his family; but I've never liked Linkin Park, so his death doesn't mean much to me.

Storm Eagle 07-20-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1700169)
Sucks for him, his friends and his family; but I've never liked Linkin Park, so his death doesn't mean much to me.

We could have done without that trifling post. Have some respect for the dead.

GoldMutant 07-20-2017 09:50 PM

Linkin Park, aside from Pink Floyd, was one of my go-to bands to listen to during junior high. The two songs that were my favorites were Somewhere I Belong and Leave Out All The Rest, but I do also enjoy What I've Done. In fact, it's actually Michael Bay that got me into listening to them due to the first Transformers film.

Regardless of my personal recollection, it still sucks he died via suicide. I wish his fans, family, friends, and colleagues the best right now. Rest easy, Chester. :(

Prowler 07-20-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1700174)
We could have done without that trifling post. Have some respect for the dead.

Hmm... perhaps I haven't worded it in the best way and should have just said RIP and left at it. I don't have anything against the guy personally nor was I taking a shot at him. I was just being honest in saying I was never a Linkin Park fan and thus his death doesn't mean much to me as it does for others.

Storm Eagle 07-20-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1700183)
Hmm... perhaps I haven't worded it in the best way and should have just said RIP and left at it. I don't have anything against the guy personally nor was I taking a shot at him. I was just being honest in saying I was never a Linkin Park fan and thus his death doesn't mean much to me as it does for others.

Then I guess you'll know better for future reference.