The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The "What Episode was That From?" Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35318)

Icebot 04-23-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryan (Post 939746)
I have one.There's a scene in I think it was one of the "Red Sky"episodes were the guys can't devulge what they are doing to April and she threatens to expose them.Of course at the end of the episode she apologizes.I would like to say it came from Cry Havoc.

Sounds like it's from the previous episode State of Shock. The turtles were only working with the bad guys because they wanted them to think they were on the same side. April saw them working together in action and thought the turtles turned into bad guys.

saul 07-21-2012 12:11 PM

What's the ep where Raph wants to bust through a door, but Don lectures him saying "that door isn't your property." And Raph says something like "wanna take a vote on smashing in?"

pannoni1 07-21-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saul (Post 974281)
What's the ep where Raph wants to bust through a door, but Don lectures him saying "that door isn't your property." And Raph says something like "wanna take a vote on smashing in?"

"Son of Return of the Fly II," in reference to the front entrance of the Channel 6 building. Rocksteady says the same thing to Bebop later in that episode, and is more along the lines of "the destruction of other people's property".

saul 07-21-2012 01:32 PM

Oh, thank you!

Are there many other episodes where the Turtles disagree as to what to do?

Like in Leonardo Cuts Loose, Don tells them to "hold it", saying he doesn't think they should go rushing into the building full of muscle bound badguys. The Turtles then stand around for a little bit discussing what to do.

I'm sure season 8 had more disagreements as David Wise said the producers wanted more drama. I've always found that dynamic between the characters interesting when they don't all see eye-to-eye on the same course of action.

MikeandRaph87 07-21-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saul (Post 974306)
Oh, thank you!

Are there many other episodes where the Turtles disagree as to what to do?

Like in Leonardo Cuts Loose, Don tells them to "hold it", saying he doesn't think they should go rushing into the building full of muscle bound badguys. The Turtles then stand around for a little bit discussing what to do.

I'm sure season 8 had more disagreements as David Wise said the producers wanted more drama. I've always found that dynamic between the characters interesting when they don't all see eye-to-eye on the same course of action.

You know what is odd about that in Leonardo Cuts Loose? Don tells them to stand back and evaluate the situation but when the robotic gym trap arrives Don does not even consider it!

As for season 8, the big one would be when Michelangelo and Leonardo don't trust Titanus from the start and Raphael and Donatello do in Cry H.A.V.O.C.

shihe 07-23-2012 12:02 AM

Ah, this thread is PERFECT!

I'm going to have to ask true fans of TMNT here to please put my mind at ease, because this is driving me NUTS.

When I was a kid, almost late 90's... I came across Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon which looked a heck of a lot like the OT. There were slight graphical improvements, but the turtles' eyes had YELLOW instead of WHITE. (Not sure if this was an effect used for Night scenes, but the show itself always happened at night, so....).

Did I dream this, or at some point during the OT did the graphics improve and the Turtles' eyeballs were yellow instead of white?

This has been driving me nuts for AGES! :(

oldmanwinters 07-23-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shihe (Post 974944)
Ah, this thread is PERFECT!

I'm going to have to ask true fans of TMNT here to please put my mind at ease, because this is driving me NUTS.

When I was a kid, almost late 90's... I came across Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon which looked a heck of a lot like the OT. There were slight graphical improvements, but the turtles' eyes had YELLOW instead of WHITE. (Not sure if this was an effect used for Night scenes, but the show itself always happened at night, so....).

Did I dream this, or at some point during the OT did the graphics improve and the Turtles' eyeballs were yellow instead of white?
This has been driving me nuts for AGES! :(

The so-called "Red Sky" seasons 8-10 featured a full animation overhaul, which included some noticeable changes to the turtles' eye sockets (you could see some green skin between their eyes and the bandana fabric). I don't know about the yellow effect though. I guess it could have been your TV's color settings or else the animation just gave you that impression. Season 8 was the best looking of the Red Sky episodes.

shihe 07-23-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 974945)
The so-called "Red Sky" seasons 8-10 featured a full animation overhaul, which included some noticeable changes to the turtles' eye sockets (you could see some green skin between their eyes and the bandana fabric). I don't know about the yellow effect though. I guess it could have been your TV's color settings or else the animation just gave you that impression. Season 8 was the best looking of the Red Sky episodes.

There were TWO things I immediately found different with that episode I remember seeing (yellow eye sockets, and actual shading). And this comes REALLY close to what I picture in my mind.

I'm not sure where the yellow eye socket came from, but it was the other most noticeable thing that stuck out the most.

It HAS to be this! I'll be sure to check those particular seasons soon! They even look a bit more serious too.

Thanks a lot!

Koi 07-23-2012 11:52 AM

I have a question, what episode did this quote come from?
"See, you guys blew it with your morals, and your brains, and your kookiness, I just wanna go home and hang, nothing more. Nothing that will get me in trouble."

JH24 07-26-2012 10:41 AM

I can't remember it exactly, but was there an episode where April did a report and then gave a handkiss on television? The turtles started arguing for who it was meant, but it turned out it was meant for Master Splinter?

ToTheNines 07-26-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JH24 (Post 976221)
I can't remember it exactly, but was there an episode where April did a report and then gave a handkiss on television? The turtles started arguing for who it was meant, but it turned out it was meant for Master Splinter?

I'll have to think about it, but I know it was season 2.

JH24 07-26-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 976225)
I'll have to think about it, but I know it was season 2.

I just found it but I couldn't have done it without your reply. Thanks! :)

I checked the endings of Season 2. It's Season 2, episode 1: "Return of the Shredder." It turns out it wasn't a handkiss but a wink.

Lance_Steele 07-26-2012 03:18 PM

What was the ep where both Burne and Vernon were turned into turtles? I remember it was in season 7 but I forgot which ep.

Koi 07-26-2012 03:31 PM

It is the one with Slash in it. uhh..

Season 6 episode 11.

ToTheNines 07-26-2012 03:32 PM

Season 6. Donatello Trashes Slash.

Lance_Steele 07-26-2012 03:56 PM

Thanks.

I always thought that was the lesson they needed to understand the turtles. Too bad "the red sky" seasons undid that...

What was the wo where Don beat Leo in a spar by "not doing anything"? Splinter told Leo it was some mumbo jumbo called "whoo wee" or some junk. It was the same wo where the Technodrome went into the ocean.

CyberCubed 07-26-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance_Steele (Post 976320)
Thanks.

I always thought that was the lesson they needed to understand the turtles. Too bad "the red sky" seasons undid that...

What was the wo where Don beat Leo in a spar by "not doing anything"? Splinter told Leo it was some mumbo jumbo called "whoo wee" or some junk. It was the same wo where the Technodrome went into the ocean.

I think its the first episode of Season 5, either the one with Shredder's brother or the one with the Kojima brothers.

ToTheNines 07-26-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance_Steele (Post 976320)

Leo beat Don, but it was "Rock Around The Block" from season 6.

Lance_Steele 07-26-2012 04:11 PM

Thanks. My memory was a little hazy on that one.

What about the ep where Tokka and Rahzar was in. That one where the city was cracking down on mutants

Icebot 07-26-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance_Steele (Post 976330)
Thanks. My memory was a little hazy on that one.

What about the ep where Tokka and Rahzar was in. That one where the city was cracking down on mutants

Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter from season 7.

saul 07-29-2012 10:58 AM

Which ep has the Turtles rappelling down the blue elevator shaft like in the end title card starting in season 4? It must be a season 4 ep.

JH24 07-29-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saul (Post 977395)
Which ep has the Turtles rappelling down the blue elevator shaft like in the end title card starting in season 4? It must be a season 4 ep.

It was in the season 4 episode: Rocksteady and Bebop conquer the universe.

NorwegianTurtle 08-19-2012 04:46 PM

Does anyone remember this episode?

Hiya. An old episode of TMNT came up in my mind yesterday. I vaguely recall that the fearsome foursome was kind of floating in the air and ascended to some kind of parallell universe. Is it the first episode where the polarizoids appear? Please help and save me some time from ff/fr'ing on my VCR. :P

pannoni1 08-19-2012 05:14 PM

That was "Welcome Back, Polarisoids" from Season 5. It was not the Polarisoids first appearance as they first appeared in the Season 3 episode "Camera Bugged".

NorwegianTurtle 08-20-2012 04:54 AM

Thanks alot for replying, but that was not the one I meant. I think I remember it as they warped into a different world where Shredder was in control. It looked like earth, but it wasn't. I belive it's over 20 years since I saw it so I'm sorry about the scurry details.

Jester 08-20-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorwegianTurtle (Post 986046)
Thanks alot for replying, but that was not the one I meant. I think I remember it as they warped into a different world where Shredder was in control. It looked like earth, but it wasn't. I belive it's over 20 years since I saw it so I'm sorry about the scurry details.

Oddly enough...Shredderville.

NorwegianTurtle 08-20-2012 10:26 AM

Of course! Thanks alot man! Didn't even cross my mind. :)

EDIT - Oddly enough.. It wasn't that one either. :P I'll just keep on looking. Keep me posted if anything comes to mind. :)

Icebot 08-20-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorwegianTurtle (Post 986081)
Of course! Thanks alot man! Didn't even cross my mind. :)

EDIT - Oddly enough.. It wasn't that one either. :P I'll just keep on looking. Keep me posted if anything comes to mind. :)

Was it Invasion of the Turtle Snatchers? In that one, some of the characters got zapped to what looks like a different world, but it was actually a spaceship.

NorwegianTurtle 08-20-2012 04:04 PM

Icebot, thank you for your answer, but no. Sadly. I'm starting to think this was just something I just made up as a 5yo. All of the Turtles were there including the Shredder. It think it looked like a city, but it wasn't. At least there was traffic lights there. I'm about to give up and that sucks because it was a truly amazing episode according to what I remember (or don't remember correctly). :P

Jeddalo 09-24-2012 05:15 PM

I have one, what was the episode where Shredder had some sort of device in the sewers and it made it where the turtles turned against each other, it was Don vs Raph and Mike vs Leo, I remember Raph saying to Don "where did you learn that move? Off a cereal box?" and Leo saying to Mike "How would you like to tangle with these turtle?" as he drew his swords

ToTheNines 09-24-2012 05:25 PM

That was season 2's "Splinter No More".

TheJ-manTurtleMan 10-18-2012 10:58 PM

So the newest episode of the nick toon reminded me of an episode from the OT toon, but for the life of me I can't remember the title. I recall that towards the end of the OT episode it showed Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, and some foot soliders are in the sewers searching for the turtles lair and, without Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady noticing the turtles take out the foot soldiers one by one with some gadgets, including (I think) the retro catapult. Sound familiar to anyone?

gobo 10-19-2012 03:00 AM

I think maybe that was "PIZZA BY THE SHRED". "THE MISSING MAP" would be my second guess.

Jephael 10-19-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTron (Post 1012444)
So the newest episode of the nick toon reminded me of an episode from the OT toon, but for the life of me I can't remember the title. I recall that towards the end of the OT episode it showed Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, and some foot soliders are in the sewers searching for the turtles lair and, without Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady noticing the turtles take out the foot soldiers one by one with some gadgets, including (I think) the retro catapult. Sound familiar to anyone?

That was in the episode "Pizza By the Shred". There were no Foot Soldiers in "The Missing Map."

TheJ-manTurtleMan 10-20-2012 03:08 AM

Thank you! Yeah those two episode felt very similar to me

Refractive Reflections 11-30-2012 11:05 PM

Any Episdoes on Leo's, Don's, or Splinter's Birthdays?

I watched most of the OT series and I was wondering does Leonardo, Donatello, or Splinter celebrate or have any references (casual mentions) to their birthdays?

I know these other characters had their birthdays celebrated in the following episodes:
Michelangelo - Michelangelo's Birthday
Raphael - Mr. Nice Guy
April - Shreeka's Revenge
Irma - Attack of the 50-Foot Irma
Burne - 20,000 Leaks Under The City

CyberCubed 11-30-2012 11:06 PM

No. I think it would be repetitive if they had an episode for EVERY Turtles birthday. It didn't happen for Don or Leo I'm positive.

oldmanwinters 12-01-2012 02:26 PM

I know this is probably off the subject, but isn't the fact that the OT Turtles have different birthdays the clearest evidence that they are not biological brothers?

Granted, that point was never in doubt, but I do think it's interesting.

Powder 12-01-2012 02:36 PM

Well I guess the obvious reply to that would be writer flubs, but if you want to apply some of that good 'ol geek logic to a cartoon series you could argue that much like the colors they wear for distinction, perhaps they wanted their own birthdays to feel like individuals. Run on sentences for the win.

oldmanwinters 12-01-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1027801)
Well I guess the obvious reply to that would be writer flubs, but if you want to apply some of that good 'ol geek logic to a cartoon series you could argue that much like the colors they wear for distinction, perhaps they wanted their own birthdays to feel like individuals. Run on sentences for the win.

Anything is possible in the OT... if you believe in something strongly enough, that is!

Man, "Michelangleo's Birthday" was one messed-up episode...

http://oldmanwinters.deviantart.com/...olor-253697256